United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2015, 10:02 PM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by irk
my favourite centrefold in the days of £#%&! mag only p*** was called poppy. I wanted to wear her like a mask.
That's a disgrace, total disrespect for our boys

You're worse than Jeremy corbyn

Unread 08-11-2015, 10:55 PM
Charlestown Rouge

No surprise the Arsenal starting XI was completely foreign and it was only when they brought on Gibbs, a yeamon Englishman with the heart of St George and the spirit of King Arthur coursing through his veins that they equalised.

Terrible snub to our brave boys by cheese eating surrender monkey Wenger.

Unread 09-11-2015, 10:24 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
No surprise the Arsenal starting XI was completely foreign and it was only when they brought on Gibbs, a yeamon Englishman with the heart of St George and the spirit of King Arthur coursing through his veins that they equalised.

Terrible snub to our brave boys by cheese eating surrender monkey Wenger.
Didn't know he was a rastafarian (you meant "yeoman" not "yeah, mon")

Unread 09-11-2015, 10:28 AM
suedeshoes

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Didn't know he was a rastafarian (you meant "yeoman" not "yeah, mon")

Unread 09-11-2015, 10:34 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
Didn't know he was a rastafarian

Unread 09-11-2015, 12:31 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Take That even wrote a song about it I think.

As for the poppy it's simple.

If you done want to wear one - don't.

If you want to wear one for what you feel are good reasons - do.

If you feel that it upsets you - then hold your head up high and blow your brains out. If it is so tortuous compared to so many other, daily injustices, cruelty and suffering that people wearing a symbol for 2 weeks of the year or whatever distresses you so much, then you have tolerance issues.

That Irish guy who refuses to wear one? His call it's a free country. Doesnt affect how I feel about it any more than his view on Forumistas' Uncles may differ from my views. He wouldn't fret about my view and I couldn't give 2 tosses for his
i cant remember Take That singing that....what was the tune Jezzer ?

Unread 09-11-2015, 12:53 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jez Quigley
Take That even wrote a song about it I think.

As for the poppy it's simple.

If you done want to wear one - don't.

If you want to wear one for what you feel are good reasons - do.

If you feel that it upsets you - then hold your head up high and blow your brains out. If it is so tortuous compared to so many other, daily injustices, cruelty and suffering that people wearing a symbol for 2 weeks of the year or whatever distresses you so much, then you have tolerance issues.

That Irish guy who refuses to wear one? His call it's a free country. Doesnt affect how I feel about it any more than his view on Forumistas' Uncles may differ from my views. He wouldn't fret about my view and I couldn't give 2 tosses for his.
Agree. Don't get why the pro and anti poppy crowd can't get their heads around the fact someone may or may not want to wear a nylon flower.

What makes me laugh most are the folk who try and crowbar the poppy mentality into anything and everything in order to justify their squalid opinions. Saw a Faceboook type post today from some bint complaining about people setting off fireworks after Nov 5. One of her arguments was: how do you think the veterans would feel with all these bangs and flashes going off?

Why won't anyone spare a thought for the poor veterans?

Unread 09-11-2015, 12:59 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
Saw a Faceboook type post today from some bint complaining about people setting off fireworks after Nov 5. One of her arguments was: how do you think the veterans would feel with all these bangs and flashes going off?

Why won't anyone spare a thought for the poor veterans?
The failure of the treacherous Papists to murder the King & destroy the country’s government is something I’m sure all servicemen & veterans look forward to celebrating.

Unread 09-11-2015, 01:11 PM
redhegemony

was hoping for some Poppy Smilies so i could choose not to use them - feel cheated tbh - thought might have caused issues between the civvies and the uniforms on here.

Unread 09-11-2015, 01:36 PM
Fat Al

Interesting article about this on the BBC

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-34720464
Closed Thread