United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 08-05-2023, 03:00 PM
Gordon Hill

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hyman_Roth
I’ve defended him - or at least suggested that not all our problems are down to him. I still don’t think he’s our biggest problem. It was a shocker tonight though.

£#%&! him off. I’d love him to be booted. But he can take half that team with him.
The way most of us felt last night at the end of that game, I reckon vast majority of us would be inclined to agree with you.

Unread 08-05-2023, 03:02 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
some of you @#%&!s owe me a £#%&!in apology
only dunk is in the clear.......

Vindicated pal. Well done. The long game plays off

Unread 08-05-2023, 03:15 PM
Lodestar

The best of it is the logic around his clean sheet tally. It's as if De Gea could make a result defining error in the next 3 CL finals (if we reached them) but it wouldn't matter because he's done well over the course of a season. Don't give him a new deal.

Unread 08-05-2023, 03:19 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
The best of it is the logic around his clean sheet tally. It's as if De Gea could make a result defining error in the next 3 CL finals (if we reached them) but it wouldn't matter because he's done well over the course of a season. Don't give him a new deal.
No it’s not it’s the complete opposite he’s had clean sheets in over a third of his record number of appearances yet he’s not given credit for any of them. All this while winning our player of the season or finishing in the top three in every season he’s been here.

Part of me wanted him gone because he’s clearly no way to turn now but I’d actually £#%&!ing love it if he’s still here next season.

Unread 08-05-2023, 03:28 PM
Lodestar

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
No it’s not it’s the complete opposite he’s had clean sheets in over a third of his record number of appearances yet he’s not given credit for any of them. All this while winning our player of the season or finishing in the top three in every season he’s been here.

Part of me wanted him gone because he’s clearly no way to turn now but I’d actually £#%&!ing love it if he’s still here next season.
With the quality we've had in our outfield over his time at the club getting our player of the season is a moot to me post-Fergie. He's had his moments but he cannot be trusted.

Unread 08-05-2023, 03:32 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
With the quality we've had in our outfield over his time at the club getting our player of the season is a moot to me post-Fergie. He's had his moments but he cannot be trusted.
Exactly, so why doesn’t he get the pass every other £#%&!er gets?

As long as we get the right people in the attacking areas he’ll be fine and I think even Erik knows this. I’m sure we’ll tell soon enough though because he’ll either be here because professional football men know or he won’t for the same reason.

Unread 08-05-2023, 03:34 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:

As long as we get the right people in the attacking areas he’ll be fine and I think even Erik knows this. I’m sure we’ll tell soon enough though because he’ll either be here because professional football men know or he won’t for the same reason.
By that rational are the likes of Martial, Wout etc here because professional football men know? Do these professionals every make mistakes?

Unread 08-05-2023, 03:37 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

Because he is on something north of 250k a week and his performances should be reflected in the wages the club pays him. (Just like any other player)

Unread 08-05-2023, 03:38 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
By that rational are the likes of Martial, Wout etc here because professional football men know? Do these professionals every make mistakes?
You mean Martial who people still believe is a talent and could turn it round and Wout who we got because of the Glazers and will be out of door the minute the final whistle is blown of the season? There’s probably a few options you had as well yet you picked the worst possible two

Unread 08-05-2023, 03:43 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
You mean Martial who people still believe is a talent and could turn it round and Wout who we got because of the Glazers and will be out of door the minute the final whistle is blown of the season? There’s probably a few options you had as well yet you picked the worst possible two
I'm asking what you think of those players not 'people'. If we are going down the road of professional football men know more than us then why debate anything?

Unread 08-05-2023, 03:48 PM
believe

Quote:
I'm asking what you think of those players not 'people'. If we are going down the road of professional football men know more than us then why debate anything?
Yes they get it wrong plenty But we’re talking about a player who’s been here for 10+ years, through 5 managers. Are you telling me that all five of them got it wrong?

Unread 08-05-2023, 03:57 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Yes they get it wrong plenty But we’re talking about a player who’s been here for 10+ years, through 5 managers. Are you telling me that all five of them got it wrong?
Putting aside that one of those managers was willing to sell him about eight years ago what is up for debate is whether he is good enough now, not ten years ago. Assuming we sign attacking players as well would you like him replaced or do you think he's good enough to stay?

Unread 08-05-2023, 04:13 PM
believe

Quote:
Putting aside that one of those managers was willing to sell him about eight years ago what is up for debate is whether he is good enough now, not ten years ago. Assuming we sign attacking players as well would you like him replaced or do you think he's good enough to stay?
The discussion was that he hadn’t deserved any credit in them ten years, that’s what I was arguing.

If we get the right outfield players who can keep the ball in the right half for the majority of the time then yes I think he’ll be fine.

Unread 08-05-2023, 04:19 PM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
The discussion was that he hadn’t deserved any credit in them ten years, that’s what I was arguing.

If we get the right outfield players who can keep the ball in the right half for the majority of the time then yes I think he’ll be fine.
Fair enough, I disagree that he is good enough now and I think he has benefited from being down the list of problems previously. Everyone seems to agree that the team has a weak character, De Gea to my mind embodies that.

Unread 08-05-2023, 04:26 PM
believe

Quote:
Fair enough, I disagree that he is good enough now and I think he has benefited from being down the list of problems previously. Everyone seems to agree that the team has a weak character, De Gea to my mind embodies that.
Like I said, we can only wait and see now. My biggest worry is going through the same shit show we went through when Schmeichel left. Someone mentioned Taibi earlier and it was seven years and about 10 keepers until we got van der sar.

You imagine the impact of brining in two or three outfield players next year on top of a new keeper and the whole squad is starting from scratch. At least with the familiarity couple with a few improvements allows us to concentrate on what I believe is our biggest problem and that’s scoring goals.

Unread 08-05-2023, 05:08 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:

Den, think you will find I was day 1 DDG out,....

Nice to see you, hope your carrier bags are holding up...

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...2&postcount=16

https://www.utdforum.com/forum/showp...0&postcount=10

10 years ago !

A lot if threads cleaned up, remember being massively annoyed with him from the Sainsbury's doughnut incident onwards...

He's such a huge weakling...

Unread 08-05-2023, 05:12 PM
dinger

Quote:

Unread 08-05-2023, 05:12 PM
dunk

Quote:
Like I said, we can only wait and see now. My biggest worry is going through the same shit show we went through when Schmeichel left. Someone mentioned Taibi earlier and it was seven years and about 10 keepers until we got van der sar.

You imagine the impact of brining in two or three outfield players next year on top of a new keeper and the whole squad is starting from scratch. At least with the familiarity couple with a few improvements allows us to concentrate on what I believe is our biggest problem and that’s scoring goals.
Still not replaced vds tbf, maybe the next one will work

Unread 08-05-2023, 05:37 PM
tatty

Anybody who denies that DDG was brilliant for the first 3 or 4 seasons.

Is as wrong as those who think he is anywhere near good enough now.

Unread 08-05-2023, 05:39 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Anybody who denies that DDG was brilliant for the first 3 or 4 seasons.

Is as wrong as those who think he is anywhere near good enough now.
Incorrect, there has ALWAYS been doubts if him commanding his area and being a leader at the back....

From day 1 he has flapped at crosses and stayed rooted to his line, at first it was dismissed as just his learning curve, some had doubts it would ever improve ..

A weak weak individual.