Closed Thread

Unread 06-11-2016, 11:32 PM
taff

Football MOTD2 | 6 Nov 16

scouse scum up first

give it ten minutes.

Unread 06-11-2016, 11:45 PM
Sapien

Hmmm... first time I have seen them this season....they do look a bit good unfortunately...

Unread 07-11-2016, 12:04 AM
Jack Duckworth

on after hull v southampton

no we're not

Unread 07-11-2016, 12:20 AM
Cream

Just catching up.

Size of the anfield poppy. It's just weird now.

Unread 07-11-2016, 12:23 AM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Just catching up.

Size of the anfield poppy. It's just weird now.
Stole it off the liverpool war memorial

Unread 07-11-2016, 12:26 AM
Sparky***

Oh after 5 mins of slating swansea they've actually decided that United did alright.

Cheers for that.

Unread 07-11-2016, 12:31 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Oh after 5 mins of slating swansea they've actually decided that United did alright.

Cheers for that.
I love this double standard we frequently see now where it's the players fault when it's a relegation threatened side, but when it's us, José is expected to get results.

He calls a few out after a win and he's (once again this season) 'throwing them under the bus', but when Swansea players are nowhere to be seen, they're letting their manager down.

Rooney played well today. Not without his moments of sloppiness, but direct and aggressive and contributed hugely. Good to see.

Still pissed off about the zlatan yellow

Unread 07-11-2016, 12:33 AM
My Name is Keith

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
Hmmm... first time I have seen them this season....they do look a bit good unfortunately...
It's only November but I've already started to mentally prepare myself for the worst.

United's woeful performances of late have allowed me to hone my complete comms lockdown procedure which the whole family now adhere to and can instigate swiftly. Social media is outlawed for a undefined period to be decided upon by me but with others allowed to make representations.

From there, the shopping, school run, work routine is dramatically amended to avoid flashpoints and people with known agendas. Fortunately, I don't know many Liverpool fans but I do know a few - worse still, I know quite a few abu's. These @#%&!s will not darken my door should the worse happen.

Most of this was learnt the hard way - conceived in my cellar alone in the dark, head in hands after getting back from the 6-1 city game.

Fail to prepare and prepare to fail.

Unread 07-11-2016, 12:33 AM
ZiggyStardust

Will Keane

Lad has no luck

Unread 07-11-2016, 12:34 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Will Keane

Lad has no luck
the £#%&! happened to him?

Unread 07-11-2016, 12:39 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
the £#%&! happened to him?
Looks like he did his knee again

Unread 07-11-2016, 01:03 AM
Cream

Quote:

Cheers for that.
Absolute £#%&!ing dicks. Shearer wants £#%&!ing binning, along with his subnormal brother.

Unread 07-11-2016, 04:00 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
I love this double standard we frequently see now where it's the players fault when it's a relegation threatened side, but when it's us, José is expected to get results.

He calls a few out after a win and he's (once again this season) 'throwing them under the bus', but when Swansea players are nowhere to be seen, they're letting their manager down.

Rooney played well today. Not without his moments of sloppiness, but direct and aggressive and contributed hugely. Good to see.

Still pissed off about the zlatan yellow

Esp after their cb had his arm around Zlatans neck whilst he hacked away at him, which, of course, went unnoticed.

Unread 07-11-2016, 08:45 AM
Mr_Ed

Didn't even bother watching... after 20 years the media is full of ABU cubts so anyone who may disagree with me tends to be ignored

Unread 08-11-2016, 11:15 AM
Tumescent Throb

MotD has long since been a bit of a joke, cutting the video edit to ribbons, 'continuity' over-dubbing commentary snippets to sync. with the action, and a selection of carefully managed post-match interviews...

but back in the studio it's gone from a shambolic miss-mash of instantly forgettable punditry, to having alan shearer as an apparently permanent voice of bbc football. and for that reason it is totally unlistenable.

he was a brilliant classic english type centre forward. that is literally the only area of knowledge that he sounds remotely expert in - and there are very very few of his type in the PL these days...

shearer wasn't a great captain. he wasn't a winner. he was completely selfish as a player. he was tactically inflexible. he was a terrible manager. he's a shockingly bad pundit. and he's likely to still be on MotD in a decade or more because it's money for old rope and jobs for the boys. ITV needs to get its shit together and buy the highlights package back - in fact buy a live package as well. MotD is dead in the water.

Unread 08-11-2016, 11:30 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
MotD has long since been a bit of a joke, cutting the video edit to ribbons, 'continuity' over-dubbing commentary snippets to sync. with the action, and a selection of carefully managed post-match interviews...

but back in the studio it's gone from a shambolic miss-mash of instantly forgettable punditry, to having alan shearer as an apparently permanent voice of bbc football. and for that reason it is totally unlistenable.

he was a brilliant classic english type centre forward. that is literally the only area of knowledge that he sounds remotely expert in - and there are very very few of his type in the PL these days...

shearer wasn't a great captain. he wasn't a winner. he was completely selfish as a player. he was tactically inflexible. he was a terrible manager. he's a shockingly bad pundit. and he's likely to still be on MotD in a decade or more because it's money for old rope and jobs for the boys. ITV needs to get its shit together and buy the highlights package back - in fact buy a live package as well. MotD is dead in the water.
Hansen and Lawrenson were no worse. Saint and £#%&!ing Greavsie were no worse. In fact I can't think of two less relevant pundits than Shearer and Murphy.

Unread 08-11-2016, 11:42 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Hansen and Lawrenson were no worse. Saint and £#%&!ing Greavsie were no worse. In fact I can't think of two less relevant pundits than Shearer and Murphy.
Hasn't improved has it?

Unread 08-11-2016, 11:44 AM
Pop

Thumbs down

Motd used to be the highlight of a Saturday night for me, I even skipped my brothers entire wedding reception in Dec 05 to watch Utd v Villa that night.

Can't remember the last time I watched it tbh, think I skipped it in its entirety during the Moyes and some of Van Gaal's reigns of terror.

Lineker, Danny £#%&!ing Murphy and SOP ffs

Unread 08-11-2016, 11:46 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb

ITV has been an utter disaster when trying to broadcast any football other than CL.

Unread 08-11-2016, 01:20 PM
Billy Redface

I don't think Shearer is that bad.

He's not great, don't get me wrong, but there's dar worse than him.

Murphy
Keown
Jenas

To name three on BBC. They all have that really pompous tone that suggests they're intelligent. They're not. Keown the worst of that lot.

Sky:

Redknapp
The entire soccer Saturday panel extending to Paul Walsh, Tony gale, Tony cotter etc.
Danny Higginbottom
Tony Cascarino

All way worse than Shearer.

BT:

All of them. Really. All of them. Rio is ok. I don't think Michael Owen is anywhere near as bad as people make out. Hoddle is a ninnie, Scholes is dull and says nothing remotely interesting and Robbie savage is a total moron.

G Neville is still the best despite the protestations on here. I don't mind Carragher (sorry) and Souness is ok-ish. Used to be better.

The standard is appalling. None of them talk with any depth at all. And they're not really encouraged or allowed to even if they could. BT proved what they're all about by wasting 10 minutes of analysis of our 4-1 win against Fenerbache discussing why Wayne Rooney didn't take the penalty.

The worst pundit is Garth Crooks. To the point where he's actually entertaining.
Closed Thread