United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-04-2023, 10:29 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Juventus in the mid 90s were something else too.

Madrid galacticos circa 2003.

Than that Barca team.

Teams to fear. Nothing like that now and hasn’t been for years.
Milan too

Except in 2005 the bastards

Unread 11-04-2023, 10:55 PM
NedKelly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
i can't ever remember seeing a bayern team get so comprehensively bullied like that. They were utter fannies in that 2nd half. My word that goalkeeper and centre back.

There really isn't much left in this competition to stop City tbh. Napoli maybe but aside from that - we can't keep relying on Madrid's old stagers to defy father time. The two milan clubs are utter tosh as well.

When i think of some of the iconic teams with all time great players we used to have to beat in order to win this competition 10, 15, 25 years ago. And now look at the state of them all. Barcelona selling the family silver just to keep the lights on, Italian football on it's arse, even the ever reliable bayern munich seem to have succumbed to the wave of mediocrity in europe's top leagues.

Hala madrid indeed.
The top teams in Europe looking so bereft of world class talent is all down to teams like City and PSG (and even Chelsea) hoovering up every player they possibly can. No one has the financial clout to compete on that plane. The summer that PSG were allowed to spend 400 mil on Mbappe and Neymar was the point of no return. They have killed the game, and we are now seeing the actual effect of letting state sponsored clubs spend their oil money freely. Player prices have inflated far beyond the means of 99% of teams.

It’s such a shame, and it’s a big part of the reason why I’m so opposed to the idea of us being bought by the same kind of regime, and why I find it disgusting that there are so many so called reds who’d willingly take their money.

I don’t want to compete in a world where there’s no real competition. It just becomes boring and meaningless.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Juventus in the mid 90s were something else too.

Madrid galacticos circa 2003.

Than that Barca team.

Teams to fear. Nothing like that now and hasn’t been for years.
Look at Bayern ten years ago - Lahm, Robben, Ribery, Schweinsteiger, Lewandowski. They wouldn’t be allowed to keep half of that squad nowadays, or rather they wouldn’t be able to with City and PSG hovering, offering players 300k a week and another 250k under the table (plus bonuses). No one can compete. They’ve made a mockery of FFP. Does anyone have any real hope that City will get done for it? Will they £#%&!.

Unread 11-04-2023, 11:02 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by NedKelly
The top teams in Europe looking so bereft of world class talent is all down to teams like City and PSG (and even Chelsea) hoovering up every player they possibly can. No one has the financial clout to compete on that plane. The summer that PSG were allowed to spend 400 mil on Mbappe and Neymar was the point of no return. They have killed the game, and we are now seeing the actual effect of letting state sponsored clubs spend their oil money freely. Player prices have inflated far beyond the means of 99% of teams.

It’s such a shame, and it’s a big part of the reason why I’m so opposed to the idea of us being bought by the same kind of regime, and why I find it disgusting that there are so many so called reds who’d willingly take their money.

I don’t want to compete in a world where there’s no real competition. It just becomes boring and meaningless.

Look at Bayern ten years ago - Lahm, Robben, Ribery, Schweinsteiger, Lewandowski. They wouldn’t be allowed to keep half of that squad nowadays, or rather they wouldn’t be able to with City and PSG hovering, offering players 300k a week and another 250k under the table (plus bonuses). No one can compete. They’ve made a mockery of FFP. Does anyone have any real hope that City will get done for it? Will they £#%&!.
10 years ago haaland would be at bayern. He probably would be right now if he didn't cost city near on 100 million.

I do love how they've managed to con everyone that he cost them 50 million quid. yeah you're the only ones out there that could have triggered that release clause, city. Sure.

Unread 11-04-2023, 11:03 PM
dunk

Munich went for Haaland and offered him £32m a year, on top of the fees, it wasn’t enough.

Unread 12-04-2023, 12:16 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Munich went for Haaland and offered him £32m a year, on top of the fees, it wasn’t enough.
He’s on ludicrous amounts of money. And still can’t afford a decent haircut

Unread 12-04-2023, 06:14 AM
djsst

Unread 12-04-2023, 08:05 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
He’s on ludicrous amounts of money. And still can’t afford a decent haircut
His face is such a weird shape because he breathes through gills.

Unread 12-04-2023, 08:08 AM
MUFC One Love

It's funny how its just presumed not only have city won the semi final, but they've won the final too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Don't be silly.

City are so good in the market that they got Haaland cheap and his wages are less than Garnacho.

Unread 12-04-2023, 08:37 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
It's funny how its just presumed not only have city won the semi final, but they've won the final too.

Who's stopping them? Real Madrid will struggle then they'll have an Italian side in the final. I hope Napoli can do it but I think City brush them aside quite comfortably

Make peace with it now. Just pray Arsenal win the league and we somehow get over the line in the cup final should we beat Brighton

Unread 12-04-2023, 08:56 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
Who's stopping them? Real Madrid will struggle then they'll have an Italian side in the final. I hope Napoli can do it but I think City brush them aside quite comfortably

Make peace with it now. Just pray Arsenal win the league and we somehow get over the line in the cup final should we beat Brighton
Napoli could give us one of those "aaah City " nights.

Real Madrid, always a @#%&! to get past too.

Unread 12-04-2023, 01:42 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

Arsenal could stop it all.

As for CL, we say it every year about city and they fail. Let's see.

Unread 12-04-2023, 01:50 PM
shenwen

Same panic every year

Of course they’re going to win it one day. Can’t invest that much and get no return (unless you’re PSG).

Still a long way to go this season though
Closed Thread