United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Manchester United Match Thread Archive

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:16 PM
20LEgend1999

Carrick bounce looks to have finally worn off.

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:16 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Can someone tell me what the £#%&! we were doing at the end? Centre backs just carelessly Chucking the ball up front like it's 1989?

£#%&! me. If that's gegenpressing then you can £#%&!ing keep it.
they looked up and saw everyone standing on the edge of the box for a hail mary. when they pass around the defence, they put each other under pressure, because there's never an out to midfield.

joelinton motm for fouling persistently.

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:17 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr Stranger
Oh can we stop with all this ‘only try against us’ loser talk?
Tbf it’s only ric

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:18 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:

It’s pathetic. We play shit. That’s the bottom line.

I watched them against City. They had a good go early on too and asked a few questions. City dealt with them and won 4-0.

I suspect it’s a mentality the players believe too because they looked constantly shocked that the opposition are prepared to work and won’t just lie down for them.

We come down to teams level with our performance and attitude. We didn’t win because we were utter shit. If we weren’t, we would have won. Newcastle would have had no say.
Bang on. It would be different if they had 2 shots all game and scored from both of them. We had 70% of the ball.

You know what £#%&! it, let’s say the did , that still isn’t an excuse. Purely because the players had the same £#%&!ing mindset as we had towards Norwich.

We had 16 days off. Ralf has a job on his hand. I actually do think we need two CBs a RB and two CMs.

Maguire is finished , he is only going to get slower .

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:18 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Tbf it’s only ric
It’s a common one trotted out. It’s crap.

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:19 PM
lenin

Quote:

It’s pathetic. We play shit. That’s the bottom line.

I watched them against City. They had a good go early on too and asked a few questions. City dealt with them and won 4-0.

I suspect it’s a mentality the players believe too because they looked constantly shocked that the opposition are prepared to work and won’t just lie down for them.

We come down to teams level with our performance and attitude. We didn’t win because we were utter shit. If we weren’t, we would have won. Newcastle would have had no say.
There is truth in the statement that these teams put extra effort in against us. That will carry them for 5-10 minutes but then when the actually play against us - we encourage them - our captain dropped a %@#$&! in the first few minutes, passes all over the shop and then they score and they have the crowd behind them. Our performances give them the boost they need

Red Santos

That performance was Covid

andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Santos
That performance was Covid
Worst variant yet

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:20 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Maguire was a genuinely abysmal signing. Eighty million
Sancho hasn’t impressed either ( I hope he can come good) but did we drop another 70 mill on him to wait for him to come good in 4 years.

Varane just came back from injury but was still other dogshite. He must have had the old “ carrington - turning top class players utter shite since 2001” or whenever we moved.

Fred can £#%&! off aswell. Not even as a squad player. We are £#%&!ed because we need about 5 players . We will end up with 2 if we are lucky in the summer

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:21 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dasilvatwins
We don’t have a single competent central midfielder at the club. We currently need two.
Quote:
Originally Posted by browser
Maguire and Varane were shocking, Maguire seems to have a stinker every other week. Bruno just @#%&!s it into space whenever he gets the ball, it’s embarrassing. Rashford and Sancho are dreadful decision makers and it’s a total lottery when it comes to execution, with both of them.

Absolutely dire. £#%&! knows what Ragnicks tactics are either. Seems to be a carbon copy of Oles at the mo. Throw a load of strikers on and try to get it up the pitch as fast as you can.

Yearn for the days of Scholes and Carrick where we’d actually control a game.
No doubt we need a new mf but it won’t make any difference without movement in front of them

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
On balance, yes probably.

Just a hunch, like
oh. then we haven't seen them trying to do what he wants.

Quote:
We don’t have a single competent central midfielder at the club. We currently need two.
we should be playing the three suboptimal midfielders we have. he subbed us down to one and then did a like-for-like. we don't need four strikers, we need creativity for one or two strikers.

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:22 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
No doubt we need a new mf but it won’t make any difference without movement in front of them
I genuinely think we need two new CMs
Fred The Scottish Player matic pogba £#%&! me what a load of shite

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:23 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Bang on. It would be different if they had 2 shots all game and scored from both of them. We had 70% of the ball.

You know what £#%&! it, let’s say the did , that still isn’t an excuse. Purely because the players had the same £#%&!ing mindset as we had towards Norwich.

We had 16 days off. Ralf has a job on his hand. I actually do think we need two CBs a RB and two CMs.

Maguire is finished , he is only going to get slower .
Newcastle didn’t do a single thing I didn’t expect. They didn’t play any better or worst than expected. They have threats in Wilson and St Maximam and so it proved. They ran around a lot and got the crowd behind them, that’s it. And it was more than good enough for a point.

We created nothing. Asked no questions and then have the audacity to question the opposition’s integrity when they’re involved in a relegation battle

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:23 PM
BarryX

In spite of how shit the performance was we still could have won it at the end. Just hope to God we have an active transfer window and Ralf has the balls to strip Maguire of the captaincy, though. How can the other players respect him as a leader?

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:25 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Newcastle didn’t do a single thing I didn’t expect. They didn’t play any better or worst than expected. They have threats in Wilson and St Maximam and so it proved. They ran around a lot and got the crowd behind them, that’s it. And it was more than good enough for a point.

We created nothing. Asked no questions and then have the audacity to question the opposition’s integrity when they’re involved in a relegation battle
Both CBs were shite.
Lindelof is crap , Bailey is a liability maguire is a fraud. I’m
Hoping varane comes good.

Varane was shite he really was but maybe coming back from injury. Maguire rashford Fred all need dropping

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:26 PM
Dr Stranger

Full backs are a problem. Telles and Dalot are very limited. Maguire is shit and I’ve never liked him. He’s getting worse and exposed for what he is - an average premier league defender. We know the midfield issues.

Sancho, Greenwood, Bruno, Rashford all need to improve. Especially the last two. Ronaldo was poor too.

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:26 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Maguire rashford Fred all need dropping
Bruno as well, that list is getting longer and longer.

Even Cristiano was a disgrace tonight.

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:28 PM
Dasilvatwins

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Problem is who do you get to replace them. Cavani and Ronaldo are the only ones who have the mentality to play for this club .

Wish he was 5 years younger. He has to start , the rest can £#%&! off. Ralf needs to do something here now.

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:29 PM
Zorg

Quote:
It’s a common one trotted out. It’s crap.
Oh I agree. We used to pride ourselves on dealing with the fact that everyone raised their game, not whine about them doing it. It is a bit galling when you see teams like Norwich etc suddenly put some effort in when United turn up but that’s the way it’s always been and it’s up to our useless #@&%!s to step up.

I’d get rid of half the £#%&!ing squad tbh, they’re pathetic.

Unread 27-12-2021, 11:30 PM
Dr Stranger

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo

Yep,

Neville calling it out on sky now. Bruno has to stop £#%&!ing moaning. It would be a bit more acceptable if he was playing well. He hasn’t played well for a while. Shut up, do the basics and get your own form back.