Team Jose 4 Life 58 78.38%
Send the miserable @#%&! to Paris 16 21.62%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Just to be clear.... it's being suggested that we replace the most successful manager on the planet with managers who've never won a thing?

Good work guys.
They want someone who is young, gets the United traditions and ethos and someone who will be around for the long term.

There is only one man who'll do that.....I don't want him but, he fits the bill others are describing

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:56 PM
Whip Hubley

Exactly my concern.... I don't see many managers out there who could actually improve us, at least in the short term. We'd have to get a youngish manager in, poch or whoever, and give them a minimum of 5 years to get the ship heading in a different direction. Does anyone believe the board have that much foresight?

It's why I find the , er, 'enthusiastic' criticism of Mourinho so totally odd. Was anyone expecting him to not come in, spend a bunch of cash, win a few trophies then £#%&! off again? If he stays for longer than 2 or 3 seasons great but it's not and never has been his style. And, reading between the very obvious lines, he's clearly not happy with the club for whatever reason hence the PSG overtures.

You can't take our current situation in isolation. City have spent however much, brought in Guardiola, been completely ruthless in the transfer market and are reaping the rewards. We on the other hand are run by an absolute bunch of clowns, who as siders said obviously don't have a clear long term strategy for success. Despite all that, we're 2nd and aside from a couple of shit results, we've done ok given that we're missing arguably the lynchpin of the team (strange how we lost our way when he got injured...?). If pogba comes back and we keep our important players fit, I expect we'll be top 3. Anyone expecting more as of this moment, given city's form and lead, is being optimistic.

If you want to lay vitriol at anyones door, lay it at the owners and woodward. We're a rudderless juggernaut.

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:57 PM
Baron

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
tuchel would be good
He's reputed to be a massive @#%&!, falls out with everyone.

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:58 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
Exactly my concern.... I don't see many managers out there who could actually improve us, at least in the short term. We'd have to get a youngish manager in, poch or whoever, and give them a minimum of 5 years to get the ship heading in a different direction. Does anyone believe the board have that much foresight?

It's why I find the , er, 'enthusiastic' criticism of Mourinho so totally odd. Was anyone expecting him to not come in, spend a bunch of cash, win a few trophies then f*** off again? If he stays for longer than 2 or 3 seasons great but it's not and never has been his style. And, reading between the very obvious lines, he's clearly not happy with the club for whatever reason hence the PSG overtures.

You can't take our current situation in isolation. City have spent however much, brought in Guardiola, been completely ruthless in the transfer market and are reaping the rewards. We on the other hand are run by an absolute bunch of clowns, who as siders said obviously don't have a clear long term strategy for success. Despite all that, we're 2nd and aside from a couple of shit results, we've done ok given that we're missing arguably the lynchpin of the team (strange how we lost our way when he got injured...?). If pogba comes back and we keep our important players fit, I expect we'll be top 3. Anyone expecting more as of this moment, given city's form and lead, is being optimistic.

If you want to lay vitriol at anyones door, lay it at the owners and woodward. We're a rudderless juggernaut.

Testify!

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:59 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He's reputed to be a massive @#%&!, falls out with everyone.
Sounds familiar

Unread 09-11-2017, 03:09 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Sounds familiar

Unread 09-11-2017, 03:13 PM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

It's why I find the , er, 'enthusiastic' criticism of Mourinho so totally odd. Was anyone expecting him to not come in, spend a bunch of cash, win a few trophies then £#%&! off again? If he stays for longer than 2 or 3 seasons great but it's not and never has been his style. And, reading between the very obvious lines, he's clearly not happy with the club for whatever reason hence the PSG overtures.

This.

Unread 09-11-2017, 03:45 PM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
He's reputed to be a massive c***, falls out with everyone.
Will fit in well

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
Honestly, if Mourinho goes (whichever way it ends) we have become Liverpool, like Whip says.

Pure says there are loads out there that can do better but, I disagree. He hardly has us doing badly ffs. Perspective is needed here. We trail a very strong City side, who have been building for a season like this for years behind the scenes, 2nd in the league, into the knockouts of the CL, unbeaten at home in 36 games and into the QF's of the league cup and won us two trophies last season. He's hardly having a Moyes or getting Phil Jones to hit corners back to the half way line now is he?!

Having said that, the football since Pogba got injur....Well....since whatever the f*** it was, has been shite and his behaviour and flirting with PSG leaves me cold. Also, God only knows what Woodward and the rest are at behind the scenes.

I really don't know where to go from here...Clutching at straws springs to mind...
As I said in an other thread, if people want a young manager, who embraces United's culture and ethos and wants to stick with us for the long term, there is only one answer.....

I'll be joined in queue in the pharmacy if it does happen
So £#%&!ed off with him just his attitude tbh .. if he’s genuinely unhappy just £#%&! off bored of him

Unread 09-11-2017, 03:59 PM
Clarkie

Yeah true. He's been acting like a boiled shit the last while

Unread 09-11-2017, 04:42 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

who's this young manager you keep banging on about clarkie? why don't you just say his name instead of banging on about the pharmacy?
is it mark e smith?

Unread 09-11-2017, 04:50 PM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gypsum Fantastic
who's this young manager you keep banging on about clarkie? why don't you just say his name instead of banging on about the pharmacy?
is it mark e smith?

Nigel Clough obviously.
United runs through his arteries

Unread 09-11-2017, 05:02 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Just to be clear.... it's being suggested that we replace the most successful manager on the planet with managers who've never won a thing?

Good work guys.
No, people are getting bored with the games. If there was no truth to this, or it weren’t coming from someone in his circle he could shoot the whole thing down in ten seconds flat. But he isn’t is he?

The last few years have been difficult and we need some stability on the sideline, not Neymar in a gilet.

Unread 09-11-2017, 05:05 PM
Gypsum Fantastic

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
No, people are getting bored with the games. If there was no truth to this, or it weren’t coming from someone in his circle he could shoot the whole thing down in ten seconds flat. But he isn’t is he?

The last few years have been difficult and we need some stability on the sideline, not Neymar in a gillette.
not sure neymar's even shaving yet tbh

Unread 09-11-2017, 05:07 PM
utd99

Quote:
not sure neymar's even shaving yet tbh

Oops

Unread 09-11-2017, 05:34 PM
S/Side.Red

It's a bit (maybe only a bit) early to be writing Mou's eulogy ffs But I also don't think another change would be this hysterical disaster suggested. We have to get used to the idea that managers will come and go frequently at this club.

As established, the real change needs to come from above with a semblance of leadership and direction. The one good thing about the prospect of another change, for example next summer, is that the obvious, knee-jerk, flavour of the month candidate the club would probably target in Poch may happen to be the right one.

Unread 09-11-2017, 05:43 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
It's a bit (maybe only a bit) early to be writing Mou's eulogy ffs But I also don't think another change would be this hysterical disaster suggested. We have to get used to the idea that managers will come and go frequently at this club.

As established, the real change needs to come from above with a semblance of leadership and direction. The one good thing about the prospect of another change, for example next summer, is that the obvious, knee-jerk, flavour of the month candidate the club would probably target in Poch may happen to be the right one.
Yeah, but every two years?

Poch would be a lot of people's choice, but he'd need much more time and patience than Mourinho would.

Unread 09-11-2017, 05:52 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Yeah, but every two years?

Poch would be a lot of people's choice, but he'd need much more time and patience than Mourinho would.
Ideally not every two years, but I think the stability can come from elsewhere. If there's a consistent approach across various aspects of running the club, you're less reliant on the manager making sweeping changes when he arrives.

But it also means you hire a manager with an idea of how he works. With Poch, that may mean not hiring him and then trying to force superstars down his throat. He'll need time to adjust to the idea of bigger egos, which he hasn't worked with and apparently is wary of.

Anyway, I don't believe for a second that Mou wants to leave United for PSG. It's almost certainly a (very transparent) attempt to strengthen his position ahead of the contract extension showdown brewing. He wants United to feel that not getting it sorted ahead of his third year risks losing him. Barring an exceptional meltdown, that's a risk I doubt the club will take and you'd expect him to head into next season with a new deal.

Unread 09-11-2017, 06:11 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
is it mark e smith?
He might do about as well.......

Unread 09-11-2017, 06:11 PM
75Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Anyway, I don't believe for a second that Mou wants to leave United for PSG.

Why's that?

I need something positive to hang on to. I'm in major meltdown now after my doomladen pessimistic diatribe upthread, convinced he's going to PSG and taking Poggers with him...

Unread 09-11-2017, 06:12 PM
red in cumbria

Its come to something when Siders is the relative optimist
Closed Thread