Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Nail your colours to the mast
Team Jose 4 Life 58 78.38%
Send the miserable @#%&! to Paris 16 21.62%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 09-11-2017, 01:35 PM
utd99

That gangplank leading off the hms Mou is starting to look tempting.

Unread 09-11-2017, 01:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
That gangplank leading off the hms Mou is starting to look tempting.
It’s terrifying, despite my reservations and dislike of Mourinho he feels a bit last chance saloon, I am actually desperate for him to succeed as I’ve absolutely no £#%&!ing idea where we go from here.

Unread 09-11-2017, 01:46 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
It’s terrifying, despite my reservations and dislike of Mourinho he feels a bit last chance saloon, I am actually desperate for him to succeed as I’ve absolutely no f***ing idea where we go from here.
If he goes, we need to choose a younger manager and let them go for it, however they see fit and accept however many years of failure it takes.

Unread 09-11-2017, 01:48 PM
utd99

Quote:
It’s terrifying, despite my reservations and dislike of Mourinho he feels a bit last chance saloon, I am actually desperate for him to succeed as I’ve absolutely no £#%&!ing idea where we go from here.
Ancelotti?
I had hoped Mourinho might have grown up after his horror show at Chelsea and left the drama at Cobham.

Unread 09-11-2017, 01:48 PM
Baron

Quote:

Unread 09-11-2017, 01:49 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
I would.

Unread 09-11-2017, 01:53 PM
puressence

getting ancellotti ffs ... get a young fresh manager with new ideas not stale boring one trick ponys .. sick to death about his moaning winging ... give the lad at watford a chance or poch or someone who would embrace the attacking culture of the club and not constantly act like hes hard done by .. theres managers outhere who would be doing alot better

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
If he goes, we need to choose a younger manager and let them go for it, however they see fit and accept however many years of failure it takes.
Ideally, reckon it’s going to take a few more years before the fans will have any sort of patience for the pain of a proper re-build tbh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Ancelotti?
I had hoped Mourinho might have grown up after his horror show at Chelsea and left the drama at Cobham.
It’s ingrained in him, £#%&! all we can do. Reckon PSG will be his last club before he takes on Portugal tbh. Must be close to having burned his bridges and the magic is wearing off..

Ancellotti probably wouldn’t fancy it. Not really the wealth of talent to get a tune out of he’s had at his disposal previously, and he doesn’t strike me as a build his own team type. Back to Milan if he does fancy a go at building something if imagine, but rumours of a payday in China abound.. would’ve been great straight after Fergie.

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
getting ancellotti ffs ... get a young fresh manager with new ideas not stale boring one trick ponys .. sick to death about his moaning winging ... give the lad at watford a chance or poch or someone who would embrace the attacking culture of the club and not constantly act like hes hard done by .. theres managers outhere who would be doing alot better
Agreed. Not sure if Poch or any young up and coming manager would fancy taking on what could fast become a poisoned chalice under the current ownership and their constraints and method of operating, though.

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:03 PM
puressence

im not saying poch is the clubs saviour but players like axel tim gomez and mitchell would be in that first team squad today ..

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:04 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
im not saying poch is the clubs saviour but players like axel tim gomez and mitchell would be in that first team squad today ..
That’s why I’d be delighted with him. Not going to happen though. He’d be mad to leave Spurs for anyone other than one of the Spanish big boys.. unless they start selling his players.

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:07 PM
Whip Hubley

If Mou goes we really have gone full circle, and basically joined liverpool in their 25 year post success slump. Wonderful.

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:08 PM
puressence

the full backs are a joke

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:13 PM
Buck

Poch is the one. Attacking football [good defence too - he made Lovren look good], young players, doesn't need the chequebook as he can coach the players he has to improve. Who'd have thought Danny Rose would become one of the best full backs in Europe? Then he gets injured, Ben Davies comes in and makes the spot his own. That's just two examples out of plenty.

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:19 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Poch is the one. Attacking football [good defence too - he made Lovren look good], young players, doesn't need the chequebook as he can coach the players he has to improve. Who'd have thought Danny Rose would become one of the best full backs in Europe? Then he gets injured, Ben Davies comes in and makes the spot his own. That's just two examples out of plenty.
Would be nice if he won a big game, let alone a trophy, before we go for him. Wouldn't be unhappy with him, but off the top of my head he lost at Chelsea to give the title to Leicester, and lost in key games last season in both European competitions.

Not having that a group game against Madrid proves anything. Success for him so far has been top 4, nothing else. Big difference to what success is at United.

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:24 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Would be nice if he won a big game, let alone a trophy, before we go for him. Wouldn't be unhappy with him, but off the top of my head he lost at Chelsea to give the title to Leicester, and lost in key games last season in both European competitions.

Not having that a group game against Madrid proves anything. Success for him so far has been top 4, nothing else. Big difference to what success is at United.
That would be my reservation.

Nice fella, plays nice stuff, but when push comes to shove, is he a soft arse?

Spurs play the best stuff in the league and have made great progress over the last few years, but there's that feeling they are doing it from arms length of any real success. They need to win some thing other than the popular vote to be considered much more than Keegans Newcastle.

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:30 PM
puressence

tuchel would be good

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:35 PM
Clarkie

Honestly, if Mourinho goes (whichever way it ends) we have become Liverpool, like Whip says.

Pure says there are loads out there that can do better but, I disagree. He hardly has us doing badly ffs. Perspective is needed here. We trail a very strong City side, who have been building for a season like this for years behind the scenes, 2nd in the league, into the knockouts of the CL, unbeaten at home in 36 games and into the QF's of the league cup and won us two trophies last season. He's hardly having a Moyes or getting Phil Jones to hit corners back to the half way line now is he?!

Having said that, the football since Pogba got injur....Well....since whatever the £#%&! it was, has been shite and his behaviour and flirting with PSG leaves me cold. Also, God only knows what Woodward and the rest are at behind the scenes.

I really don't know where to go from here...Clutching at straws springs to mind...
As I said in an other thread, if people want a young manager, who embraces United's culture and ethos and wants to stick with us for the long term, there is only one answer.....

I'll be joined in queue in the pharmacy if it does happen

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:51 PM
Buck

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie

I really don't know where to go from here...Clutching at straws springs to mind...
As I said in an other thread, if people want a young manager, who embraces United's culture and ethos and wants to stick with us for the long term, there is only one answer.....

I'll be joined in queue in the pharmacy if it does happen
Co-managers

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:53 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buck
Co-managers

Gary:

"I thought we were doing jumpers?.....no?.... "

Unread 09-11-2017, 02:53 PM
atticusgrinch

Just to be clear.... it's being suggested that we replace the most successful manager on the planet with managers who've never won a thing?

Good work guys.
Closed Thread