United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-04-2018, 06:59 PM
sa7

Are we still arguing about how best to play this spineless 90 million pound lump of shite?

Maximum effort for 90 minutes would be a start. Once he does that regularly then we can worry about how best to utilise the flash #@&%!.

If he’s not willing to put it in for the team, why should the rest of the team accept being a vehicle to help him?

Unread 09-04-2018, 09:27 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
I could have selected Jordan Pickford, Nick Pope or Jack Butland this week, but this was the Hart I saw win league titles and FA Cups with Manchester City. Keep this up Joe, and you're back in the big time.
Quote:
I've seen defenders disintegrate in games of such importance after such a high-profile mistake, but not Smalling. The England centre-back overcame the obvious psychological trauma, dug in and produced a fantastic winning goal. Sometimes you get what you deserve in football.
Quote:
I have to be honest, I don't enjoy putting players like him in my team. I like footballers and there has been far too much over-physicality where Shelvey has been concerned. Certainly England have no-one with his ability in midfield - he just can't be trusted right now.
Quote:
I've always maintained that Jose Mourinho plays the best attacking football when his teams are behind and no football at all when they are winning. United lost all their inhibitions when they went 2-0 down - and so did Paul Pogba. His hairstyle might be more suitable on the stage at Crufts but there is no doubt that when he is on his game, and the handbrake is off, he can do untold damage to the opposition - and he did. He took his two goals brilliantly and was the difference between United and City on the day.
Quote:
What took place outside Anfield as the Manchester City coach arrived for the first leg of their Champions League fixture was quite disgraceful. I thought that Liverpool fans were above attacking a team coach. Hurl abuse certainly, even stick two fingers up if you have to, but a co-ordinated assault on the team bus? So what's next, kidnap the coach driver?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/43691601

wibble

Unread 09-04-2018, 10:08 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
wibble
Except..

Quote:
I've always maintained that Jose Mourinho plays the best attacking football when his teams are behind and no football at all when they are winning.

Unread 09-04-2018, 10:52 AM
MJ Ramone

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Except..
was gonna say.
..Crookers nailing it yet again

Unread 09-04-2018, 11:22 AM
Denis Irwell

What took place outside Anfield as the Manchester City coach arrived for the first leg of their Champions League fixture was quite disgraceful. I thought that Liverpool fans were above attacking a team coach. Hurl abuse certainly, even stick two fingers up if you have to, but a co-ordinated assault on the team bus? So what's next, kidnap the coach driver?

A man with his finger on the pulse

Unread 09-04-2018, 12:23 PM
otbarney

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell

A man with his finger on the pulse
But not an ambulance apparently.

Unread 09-04-2018, 12:25 PM
believe

Why is he so obsessed with his hair?

Unread 09-04-2018, 12:35 PM
sa7

Smalling and Young

That's got to be trolling surely? I'm still floating on air after Saturday's game but eve I wouldn't have those two £#%&!ers anywhere near

Unread 09-04-2018, 02:07 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
was gonna say.
..Crookers nailing it yet again
Indeed. Pogba, like many of the players, was nowhere to be seen in the first half. But for him it feels like a big moment. I'm not with the idea that he's ever going to be a central midfielder; get him up the pitch where he can focus on doing damage with moments of brilliance.

His first goal is one of the best goals we'e scored in recent seasons. Herrera's lay-off

Unread 09-04-2018, 02:07 PM
shenwen

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Smalling and Young

That's got to be trolling surely? I'm still floating on air after Saturday's game but eve I wouldn't have those two £#%&!ers anywhere near
he usually picks defenders who scored a goal. regardless of how they actually played. I think he just looks at the scores and scorers and then picks his team.

no idea about Young though, although I thought he played well.

Unread 09-04-2018, 02:08 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Indeed. Pogba, like many of the players, was nowhere to be seen in the first half. But for him it feels like a big moment. I'm not with the idea that he's ever going to be a central midfielder; get him up the pitch where he can focus on doing damage with moments of brilliance.

His first goal is one of the best goals we'e scored in recent seasons. Herrera's lay-off
The chest

Out-Fellainid Fellaini

Unread 09-04-2018, 10:52 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen
he usually picks defenders who scored a goal. regardless of how they actually played. I think he just looks at the scores and scorers and then picks his team.

no idea about Young though, although I thought he played well.
He was poor first half but much better second, as per pretty much everyone in our team. Maybe nobody else in the league played better at left back on the weekend, I don’t know. But I’m sure there’s a part of it that is about generating comments and site traffic. He’d surely know full well that picking Young would generate seethe and rage from the usual parties.

Unread 09-04-2018, 11:34 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
He was poor first half but much better second, as per pretty much everyone in our team. Maybe nobody else in the league played better at left back on the weekend, I don’t know. But I’m sure there’s a part of it that is about generating comments and site traffic. He’d surely know full well that picking Young would generate seethe and rage from the usual parties.

Unread 10-04-2018, 12:14 AM
MagnificentSeven

pogba is the personification of mourinho's united.

so frustrating at times, but when he wants to be, £#%&!ing brilliant.

Unread 10-04-2018, 08:01 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
pogba is the personification of mourinho's united.

so frustrating at times, but when he wants to be, £#%&!ing brilliant.
United have not been ‘£#%&!ing brilliant’ at any point under Mourinho.

Unread 10-04-2018, 10:14 AM
saffers

Quote:
Absolute moron.

Must be killing you these last few months. Had your little fun after sevilla

Now its full on MOUNITED

Do one hater

Mourinho new contract again this time next year till 2025

Unread 10-04-2018, 10:22 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Absolute moron.

Must be killing you these last few months. Had your little fun after sevilla

Now its full on MOUNITED

Do one hater

Mourinho new contract again this time next year till 2025
Truth hurts doesn't it saffers. Carry on with your propaganda.

Unread 10-04-2018, 04:32 PM
red in cumbria

He has a pro-JM agenda, but you have an anti-JM one. Two sides of the same coin, arguably.

Unread 10-04-2018, 11:30 PM
saffers

Quote:
Carry on with your propaganda.
I will. Believe me I will.

Bitch.

Unread 11-04-2018, 06:54 AM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Except for 9 minutes on Sunday.

A top goon and a giant £#%&! you, but let's not pretend it was a stellar performance from start to finish.

We played well for about 20 minutes. Once we got ahead, we reverted to type and would have screwed it If Sterling has functioning legs.

We attacked because we had nothing to lose. We all know how he plays once we do.

There's Always the hope that each attacking moment is the 'ah-ha' moment, but we did all this shit at Palace. And we followed it shortly afterwards with THAT against Sevilla.

Which is part of why we're sat here hoping someone else knocks Liverpool out
Closed Thread