Closed Thread

Unread 23-01-2018, 11:46 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Still don’t believe you tbh.

Unread 24-01-2018, 12:03 AM
armchair

Default "Some Arsenal fans called for Henry's statue at the Emirates to be taken down"

Arsenal legend Thierry Henry denies claim that he advised Alexis Sanchez to quit the club for Manchester United
Thierry Henry insists he never advised Alexis Sanchez on leaving Arsenal
Sanchez claimed he had sought the advice of Henry before deciding to quit
Sanchez was quick to celebrate his move to Manchester United on social media
Some Arsenal fans called for Henry's statue at the Emirates to be taken down

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/foo...ampaign=14 90

Unread 24-01-2018, 12:09 AM
S/Side.Red

One kick in the balls after another. Poor £#%&!ers

Unread 24-01-2018, 12:10 AM
Zorg

Unread 24-01-2018, 12:11 AM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Wes Brown imo

Unread 24-01-2018, 12:23 AM
utd99

Quote:
One kick in the balls after another. Poor £#%&!ers
Wenger’s £#%&!ed them royally, and it’s got little to do with football and everything to do with finance. His queezing a pound note until the queen screams has left them in great economic standing but cleaned them out on the pitch. Every time you think he has to learn (Van Persie) it happens again (Sanchez and probably Ozil now), and they’re stuck with him until he decides to leave.

Unread 24-01-2018, 12:28 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Wenger’s £#%&!ed them royally, and it’s got little to do with football and everything to do with finance. His queezing a pound note until the queen screams has left them in great economic standing but cleaned them out on the pitch. Every time you think he has to learn (Van Persie) it happens again (Sanchez and probably Ozil now), and they’re stuck with him until he decides to leave.
Is it him squeezing though? I can’t imagine any manager consistently allowing his top players to run their deals down. Also crucially he was happy to start splashing big money in the late ‘90s after he’d had some success. I suspect it’s more his willingness to toe the company line that is the problem, and the reason he’s still there.

If the club were as ambitious as their press sound bites, he simply wouldn’t be there.

Unread 24-01-2018, 12:29 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
Think he had more natural talent, soz.

Unread 24-01-2018, 12:31 AM
armchair

when moyes was announced it felt like we'd crossed into an alternative reality. now i feel we're back on course.

Unread 24-01-2018, 12:31 AM
Zorg

Quote:

Unread 24-01-2018, 12:33 AM
Cream

Quote:
Is it him squeezing though? I can’t imagine any manager consistently allowing his top players to run their deals down. Also crucially he was happy to start splashing big money in the late ‘90s after he’d had some success. I suspect it’s more his willingness to toe the company line that is the problem, and the reason he’s still there.

If the club were as ambitious as their press sound bites, he simply wouldn’t be there.
Like a shit Fergie.

Unread 24-01-2018, 12:38 AM
Dueling Banjos

I think we all know who actually swung the deal for us?

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:00 AM
Buck

Quote:
Wenger’s f***ed them royally, and it’s got little to do with football and everything to do with finance. His queezing a pound note until the queen screams has left them in great economic standing but cleaned them out on the pitch. Every time you think he has to learn (Van Persie) it happens again (Sanchez and probably Ozil now), and they’re stuck with him until he decides to leave.
It's easy for me to say in hindsight but they probably should have stuck around at Highbury until the end of that decade at least. The oil money of Chelsea and City f***ed them as in their austerity years they had two clubs trying to make themselves relevant with the chequebook. If they stayed at Highbury they likely wouldn't have had to break up their last title winning side so quickly, they'd have had attraction for top players and the talented youngsters could lean on experienced winners.

Instead they gave this guy the armband and Bergkamp's shirt ffs

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:08 AM
Cream

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dueling Banjos
I think we all know who actually swung the deal for us?

Agent Franter.

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:24 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg

Arsenal fans utterly hate Mou. That would probably finish them.

This Sanchez thing is great for Oezil. Provides at least a few weeks distraction from the fact that he’s going to do the same thing except they won’t get anything in return.

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:29 AM
jem

shame arsenal don't have a decent defensive midfielder, really.

not sure we need özil.

Unread 24-01-2018, 01:54 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
shame arsenal don't have a decent defensive midfielder, really.

not sure we need özil.
Not sure where we'd play him.

Oezil is magic and would be great for United I'm sure, but given the growing adjustment to Pogba and the need for him to not restricted in a two, the only obvious option in Oezil, Pogba and Sanchez behind Lukaku. Brilliant on paper (apart from Lukaku) but would be clear signal that Martial and Lingard's development means nothing.

Move Martial to striker?

Unread 24-01-2018, 02:50 AM
utd99

Quote:
Not sure where we'd play him.

Oezil is magic and would be great for United I'm sure, but given the growing adjustment to Pogba and the need for him to not restricted in a two, the only obvious option in Oezil, Pogba and Sanchez behind Lukaku. Brilliant on paper (apart from Lukaku) but would be clear signal that Martial and Lingard's development means nothing.

Move Martial to striker?
Why? They have to compete is all. Competition for places was fierce in the mid 90’s, and the academy boys had to fight for the right to be in the team on merit, not sentiment or speculation. Rashford’s young, but he didn’t roll up yesterday; he has over a hundred top flight games under his belt, and Martial cost a fortune when we bought him. Time to step up.

Unread 24-01-2018, 03:04 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Why? They have to compete is all. Competition for places was fierce in the mid 90’s, and the academy boys had to fight for the right to be in the team on merit, not sentiment or speculation. Rashford’s young, but he didn’t roll up yesterday; he has over a hundred top flight games under his belt, and Martial cost a fortune when we bought him. Time to step up.
You say competition was fierce in the ‘90s but I’d argue we generally knew who were the starters and who were likely to be benched in big games. Besides, we didn’t have players of quite this ego and stature back then. You’re unlikely to see Oezil and/or Pogba and Sanchez dropped for younger players. Especially under Mourinho.

Martial is a talent that should be given faith. For the first time that is happening under Mou. Even if his form drops again I think he’s worth planning with as a starter. Not making way for another short term superstar signing.

Unread 24-01-2018, 03:22 AM
utd99

Quote:
You say competition was fierce in the ‘90s but I’d argue we generally knew who were the starters and who were likely to be benched in big games. Besides, we didn’t have players of quite this ego and stature back then. You’re unlikely to see Oezil and/or Pogba and Sanchez dropped for younger players. Especially under Mourinho.

Martial is a talent that should be given faith. For the first time that is happening under Mou. Even if his form drops again I think he’s worth planning with as a starter. Not making way for another short term superstar signing.
I get it, but the balance between the now and the future is always tricky. We need to start competing for the top trophies again, and we need to do it soon. By the end of this season it’ll be five years since we even made a decent showing let alone won it.
Closed Thread