United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-04-2016, 05:00 PM
red in cumbria

The "mocking" tends to take place when said players turn out to be not good enough, tbh.

Unread 04-04-2016, 05:03 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
The "mocking" tends to take place when said players turn out to be not good enough, tbh.
no it doesn't. it runs through the entire process even from BS press links.

Unread 04-04-2016, 05:51 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesScoresGoals2
If they can add quality to what they already have and not lose the spine of the side they will be right up there again next season

They have champions league football next season so the likes of Kane, Ali and Dier will probably be there at least one more season.
Which will Ģ#%&! them up as well. Hearing they may play the games as wembley too.

They won't be putting out 2nd string sides in that competition i can assure you.

Unread 04-04-2016, 06:13 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Which will Ģ#%&! them up as well. Hearing they may play the games as wembley too.

They won't be putting out 2nd string sides in that competition i can assure you.
Isn't that cos of the redevelopment work at WHL?

Unread 04-04-2016, 06:14 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
Isn't that cos of the redevelopment work at WHL?
yep

Unread 04-04-2016, 06:34 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
No they won't.

This is a freak season, and spurs are as much a part of that as Leicester.

City will sort their act out next season, as will Chelsea.
Leicester will win it this season - good luck to them. However, destruction awaits them in next season's CL. A huge BUMP BUMP back to earth. Mid-table PL outfit 16/17 too.
Spurs? If they hang on to Poch then you're wrong - they WILL challenge again.
City? Will start next season as hot favs with the bookies.
Chelsea? Deffo - top 3
Us? Some heavy spending and we'll make top 4 IRRESPECTIVE of who our manager is with the exception of Giggs and I say that without fear of contraception.

Unread 04-04-2016, 06:35 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashtonred
Leicester will win it this season - good luck to them. However, destruction awaits them in next season's CL. A huge BUMP BUMP back to earth. Mid-table PL outfit 16/17 too.
Chelsea? Deffo - top 3
Us? Some heavy spending and we'll make top 4 IRRESPECTIVE of who our manager is with the exception of Giggs and I say that without fear of contraception.

Unread 04-04-2016, 06:56 PM
Grimson

Quote:
How did the bookies do with their preseason picks this season?

Unread 04-04-2016, 07:32 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
How did the bookies do with their preseason picks this season?
Brilliantly - their best PL season ever, and that's a fact and not just their season long bets (Leicester, Chelsea, CIty) have been a party.
The PL has been a money machine for the likes of Billy Hill, PP, 365 etc.
Same again next season for the bookies. They just love volatile markets.

Unread 04-04-2016, 09:17 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Chelsea? Deffo - top 3
so you give your own opinion on each team...

except city, which you present as the bookies' opinion.

Unread 04-04-2016, 09:39 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
so you give your own opinion on each team...

except city, which you present as the bookies' opinion.
City will start the season as favs because of Pep. Did I really need to state that? Well obviously.
Edit: To educate you. It isnīt the bookiesī opinion what determines the market(s). Itīs where the money goes that sets the prices.
There yea go ...

Unread 04-04-2016, 09:51 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
City will start the season as favs because of Pep. Did I really need to state that? Well obviously.
as i said, you gave your own opinion on each team - except city. just wondered if city were a little too close to your heart, that's all.

Unread 04-04-2016, 09:55 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
as i said, you gave your own opinion on each team - except city. just wondered if city were a little too close to your heart, that's all.
And I knew exactly where you were coming from.
Iīll leave it with you.

Unread 04-04-2016, 09:58 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Edit: To educate you. It isnīt the bookiesī opinion what determines the market(s). Itīs where the money goes that sets the prices.
There yea go ...
No they don't. They'll adjust it based on where the money goes. They have to start somewhere. They'll make city favourites and if some clown bets 200k on Watford to win the league, they'll chop them down from 150-1 to 100-1 to cover their arses.

They pick the obvious choices and can change it whenever they like and protect themselves. It's all bullshit, meaningless and dull.

Unread 04-04-2016, 10:01 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
And I knew exactly where you were coming from.
Iīll leave it with you.
it's your post pal, it affects me not one jot if you're a blue, bloo.

Unread 04-04-2016, 10:01 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
No they don't. They'll adjust it based on where the money goes. They have to start somewhere. They'll make city favourites and if some clown bets 200k on Watford to win the league, they'll chop them down from 150-1 to 100-1 to cover their arses.

They pick the obvious choices and can change it whenever they like and protect themselves. It's all bullshit, meaningless and dull.
Well of course there has to be a starting point - so yes you are correct. If I were a bookie Iīd KO with City as favs - you?

Quote:
it's your post pal, it affects me not one jot if you're a blue, bloo.
Excellent, but donīt call me pal. Itīs naff.

Unread 04-04-2016, 10:05 PM
Billy Redface

Quote:
Well of course there has to be a starting point - so yes you are correct. If I were a bookie Iīd KO with City as favs - you?

Probably yeah, but as Throb points out, you were happily giving your opinion and then started giving the bookies opinion.

Mildly odd is all.

Unread 04-04-2016, 10:07 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy Redface
Probably yeah, but as Throb points out, you were happily giving your opinion and then started giving the bookies opinion.

Mildly odd is all.
Itīs you and Throb that are mildly odd.
You two carry on - donīt change, because I donīt intend to.
Happy days.

Unread 04-04-2016, 10:26 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:

ok naff, is that naff as in kicker boots and ben sherman?

i wouldn't have city favourites at all. it'll take a lot more than guardiola to turn that bang average shower of shite into champions.

Unread 04-04-2016, 10:31 PM
ashtonred

Quote:
ok naff, is that naff as in kicker boots and ben sherman?

i wouldn't have city favourites at all. it'll take a lot more than guardiola to turn that bang average shower of shite into champions.
If the heavy backing punters are thinking like you then it will be their investments on other īlikelyīteams that will change the odds.
There, I think we got there.
Closed Thread