United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:48 PM
wonky no

Default anderson

squad only.

just can't see what he brings to the party other than an extra body in midfield to clutter it up a bit. gibbo would have been a better choice. stronger, better in the tackle and a threat on goal from distance.

i'm not slagging him off, he tries but he's not good enough for us.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:50 PM
Sloppy

Default Re: anderson

Quote:
Originally Posted by wonky no
squad only.

just can't see what he brings to the party other than an extra body in midfield to clutter it up a bit. gibbo would have been a better choice. stronger, better in the tackle and a threat on goal from distance.

wee man

Quote:
squad only.

I thought he did well today tbh. Deserves a more regular place.

RedMenace

Rubbish. He was very good today. Worked his arse off and got into some great positions where he should have been played in.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:51 PM
Wez

Quote:
squad only.

thought he did well today and past games when he was picked

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:53 PM
otbarney

Quote:
squad only.

It's Dejavu, all over again.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:53 PM
rafabio

gibbo turns like a truck. don't think he will still be at united in a year or two.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:54 PM
Pete's Shoes

Quote:
squad only.

really couldn't disagree more.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:55 PM
The Mull

think his role today was to nullify Essien, and did it rather well imo judgement

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:58 PM
J_RED

Quote:
squad only.

Log off

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:58 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by wee man
I thought he did well today tbh. Deserves a more regular place.
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Rubbish. He was very good today. Worked his arse off and got into some great positions where he should have been played in.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wez
thought he did well today and past games when he was picked
i don't agree. i'm not saying he made mistakes but i don't think he did anything to improve us either. i watched him (as much as i could) off the ball and he was caught out many times by not knowing who to go to when we were defending. he was hardly ever tight enough when the ball was no where near him, which gave chelsea more time on the ball than they deserved.

also he never got up quick , maybe he was told not to because he can't shoot? plus he was never ever creative with his passing. he just filled the 90 mins by sticking his boot out to try and block a pass. he hardly intercepted anything either.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:59 PM
dunk

Anderson was very good today, and has been for the last month and a half or so. Needs to sharpen up his passing in tight areas a bit and make more of an impression in the final third, but everything else is spot on.

Gibson is only here to make up the numbers until other players mature or arrive, and let's be honest, he isn't even doing that well.

Unread 08-11-2009, 07:59 PM
Ethers

Was better than Giggs, Carrick and Valencia today. Our only midfielder to really make an effort to get in their box. Very unlucky to get taken off imo

Unread 08-11-2009, 08:03 PM
Sloane

i disagree he hassled chelsea players, he kept essien quiet and he kept the ball very well under pressure a few times. was very positive

Unread 08-11-2009, 08:04 PM
wonky no

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Blazini
Was better than Giggs, Carrick and Valencia today. Our only midfielder to really make an effort to get in their box. Very unlucky to get taken off imo
silliest arrangement of pixels i've ever seen!

val was superb
carrick was second only to fletch as our most productive midfielder who was a country mile ahead of anderson.

Unread 08-11-2009, 08:04 PM
rafabio

the only problem anderson has is that he doesn't have a defined position. he is neither a deep lying playmaker, or a creative midfielder. the closest he comes to is a box to box midfielder but he is a bit of headless chicken in final 3rd.

Unread 08-11-2009, 08:07 PM
Terry Silver

Utter %@#$&!s. He bossed Essien today.

Unfortunately the weak link today was Giggs. Made a pigs ear of every opening he had, and his final ball was either 5 yards in front or behind the intended target.

Unread 08-11-2009, 08:08 PM
BarryX

think Anderson WILL be a great player given time, really a top top player. He's still only a young 'un, but even still thought he played well today. Certainly worthy of the shirt.

Unread 08-11-2009, 08:08 PM
borsuk

anderson, carrick and fletcher has always appeared to be a natural three and i've been waiting for ages to see it. they complement each other and chelsea - who i would have said before today have the strongest m/f in europe - were completely dominated. the three of them should be fixtures in all the big games from now on.

Unread 08-11-2009, 08:09 PM
red @rmy

I'm not Andersons biggest fan, but even Stevie Wonder could see he played well today.
Closed Thread