United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 03-06-2018, 05:22 PM
AK14

He was abysmal when playing in that position v Bristol in the league cup (they all were tbf)

Blind is a good footballer and a good squad option because of his versatility, I’d like to see him stay but it looks like he’s done at the club.

Unread 03-06-2018, 05:26 PM
Lok

Blind is 'versatile'? I guess he does do an equally bad job in multiple positions.

At least the likes of Pip and JoS had the heart for the battle despite their limitations. Blind is a soft @#%&! who gives up far too easily.

Unread 03-06-2018, 05:30 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curtis
Blind was bought off the back of winning player of the year in Holland, playing almost exclusively as a defensive midfielder. He played there just five times for us (only once for Jose) in that role and did well each time. His lack of pace is only ever really been exposed while defending. Can't really say its his fault he's never been played in the position that won him the move. Or really blame him for not complaining and doing the best he could every time he was asked to play in a less favorable position.

That said, he's not good enough to pay CB or LB for us and only really good enough as a back-up defensive midfielder. I'm not sure that justifies him staying. Talk in the Italian press today of Inter lining up a bid for him. They apparently like his versatility and think he'd be a sensible buy. No bid as yet though.
Was excellent there in 15/16. The amount of times he was supposed to be exposed by Aguero, Lukaku etc.

But it again exposes the club's incompetence in constantly changing the approach. Blind was a key player in 2016; that was always going to change once Mourinho took over. I can only assume Blind is still here because nobody will match his contract.

Unread 03-06-2018, 06:27 PM
utd99

Quote:
Blind was bought off the back of winning player of the year in Holland, playing almost exclusively as a defensive midfielder. He played there just five times for us (only once for Jose) in that role and did well each time. His lack of pace is only ever really been exposed while defending. Can't really say its his fault he's never been played in the position that won him the move. Or really blame him for not complaining and doing the best he could every time he was asked to play in a less favorable position.

That said, he's not good enough to pay CB or LB for us and only really good enough as a back-up defensive midfielder. I'm not sure that justifies him staying. Talk in the Italian press today of Inter lining up a bid for him. They apparently like his versatility and think he'd be a sensible buy. No bid as yet though.
I may be wrong, but didn’t he win Erevedisie player of the year playing predominantly left back - same as for the national team?

Unread 03-06-2018, 07:00 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Blind was bought off the back of winning player of the year in Holland, playing almost exclusively as a defensive midfielder. He played there just five times for us (only once for Jose) in that role [/]and did well each time[/b].
News to me. Which is why he never played there much. Good squad player though. No idea why mourinho hasn’t used him more in that sense.

Unread 03-06-2018, 07:43 PM
Curtis

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I may be wrong, but didn’t he win Erevedisie player of the year playing predominantly left back - same as for the national team?
He played most of his career at Ajax as a left back but the season he won player of the year he played almost entirely as a defensive mid. Can't claim to have watched much of him doing it but that's what all the dutch press and Ajax folk were saying when we went in for him.

Unread 03-06-2018, 08:58 PM
Vetch

Utd playing players out of position.

Well I never.

Unread 19-07-2018, 02:16 PM
AK14

Thumbs up

Done deal with Juve apparently.

Unread 19-07-2018, 02:21 PM
Baron

£13m.... just knock it off the price of Alex Sandro.

Unread 19-07-2018, 02:28 PM
Jethro

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
£5 million in 3 year instalments?

Unread 19-07-2018, 02:33 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Unread 19-07-2018, 02:40 PM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:

Unread 19-07-2018, 02:42 PM
TheFatGoth

That's some squad they're building in Turin

Unread 19-07-2018, 03:06 PM
flixton

He's in Los Angeles isn't he?

Unread 19-07-2018, 03:18 PM
saffers

I don't think it was a matter of raising funds in order to buy. But more about selling players in order to have squad space. You can't register more than 25 senior players.

We can now bring in a defender or two quickly without worrying about being stuck with Blind and Darmian. If they were still here come early august we'd have to sell them at extreme knock down prices just to get them out.

Unread 19-07-2018, 03:28 PM
Jethro

Hope Juve get relegated

Unread 19-07-2018, 03:56 PM
System Error

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Hope Juve get relegated
Juve grudge against them?

Unread 19-07-2018, 10:47 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
That's some squad they're building in Turin
I guess it’s ok for some clubs to buy old or failed castoffs from other clubs, whilst blocking the path of younger players.

Unread 19-07-2018, 10:56 PM
Whalefish

Any chance Rojo can £#%&! off next the useless shite?

Unread 20-07-2018, 11:18 AM
AK14

Doesn’t look like he’s going anywhere for the time being if he played last night tbh
Closed Thread