United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 26-02-2016, 12:20 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Don't.

Even big dawgs like Carlo need checking when they try to blow a high on a thread like this.

Well in, pal

Jeez

Unread 26-02-2016, 12:26 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Played a bit for the U21's towards the end of last Season IIRC..

There's another striker who's disappeared too, Ashley Fletcher, he was doing well early in the season.
On loan at Barnsley for the season.

Unread 26-02-2016, 12:27 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
On loan at Barnsley for the season.
Ahh. Ta. How's he doing? Is Ben Pearson there again as well?

Unread 26-02-2016, 12:30 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster

Jeez
I've had a few.

Unread 26-02-2016, 12:31 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Ahh. Ta. How's he doing? Is Ben Pearson there again as well?
Got one on his debut but haven't been following him really tbh. Pearson was sold in the window to Preston (I think). A tiny fee like £100k or something, presume there's a sell on clause.

Unread 26-02-2016, 12:33 AM
dunk

Quote:
Got one on his debut but haven't been following him really tbh. Pearson was sold in the window to Preston (I think). A tiny fee like £100k or something, presume there's a sell on clause.
Really? Shame. Quite liked him, loved a tackle. Rothwell is another one that's decent. Had injury issues though.

Unread 26-02-2016, 12:33 AM
dragflick

Quote:
Played a bit for the U21's towards the end of last Season IIRC..

There's another striker who's disappeared too, Ashley Fletcher, he was doing well early in the season.
On loan at Barnsley pal.

Edit: i should read the rest of the thread before replying

Unread 26-02-2016, 12:34 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amish Mash
So, your original response appears to be based on the behaviour of scousers who have had decades of false dawns. From reading the OP it would appear that it was a celebration of young lads being given a chance and doing well. Are you genuinely associating what happened tonight with Liverpool being shit for nearly 30 years?

You work for the Daily Star??
My original response was based on the first 4-5 posts on here gurning about the fact the kids played well and beat that absolute dross we played tonight. Predictably curmudgeon-like on my part, of course - I was harshly comparing the outpouring of joy on here to similar OTT threads we've seen on Rawk over the years.

So am I comparing tonight with Liverpool being shit for 30 years? No, of course not you plank.

Unread 26-02-2016, 12:37 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Really? Shame. Quite liked him, loved a tackle. Rothwell is another one that's decent. Had injury issues though.
Yeah he's a good player but another one that will be moved on shortly more than likely. Isn't really outstanding. RoShaun Williams is one to definitely keep an eye on. He, Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe and Gribbin if he grows up. Then (apparently) Angel Gomes but he's only about 16 I think.

Unread 26-02-2016, 12:39 AM
dunk

Quote:
Yeah he's a good player but another one that will be moved on shortly more than likely. Isn't really outstanding. RoShaun Williams is one to definitely keep an eye on. He, Fosu-Mensah, Tuanzebe and Gribbin if he grows up. Then (apparently) Angel Gomes but he's only about 16 I think.
Saw Williams last week, played CB and looked very good, only young too.

I like Josh Harrop. Not spectacular, but does everything well and is always involved.

Unread 26-02-2016, 12:45 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Saw Williams last week, played CB and looked very good, only young too.

I like Josh Harrop. Not spectacular, but does everything well and is always involved.
Yeah Williams is a regular in the 21s and he's only 17. Captained the u18s at 15 I think. Saw him and Fosu-Mensah against City on MUTV last weekend at the Blue Camp and they strolled it, strange as that sounds for a game they lost. It was 1-0 and the goal had nothing to do with them. Williams apparently broke Darren Campbell's Manc schoolboys 100m record too so he's rapid. Great trivia piece that

Unread 26-02-2016, 12:49 AM
dunk

Quote:
Yeah Williams is a regular in the 21s and he's only 17. Captained the u18s at 15 I think. Saw him and Fosu-Mensah against City on MUTV last weekend at the Blue Camp and they strolled it, strange as that sounds for a game they lost. It was 1-0 and the goal had nothing to do with them. Williams apparently broke Darren Campbell's Manc schoolboys 100m record too so he's rapid. Great trivia piece that
£#%&!ing hell can he play on the wing

I didn't see the 2nd game, but Fosu-Mensah played RB in the first City game and had a mare

Unread 26-02-2016, 12:55 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
£#%&!ing hell can he play on the wing

I didn't see the 2nd game, but Fosu-Mensah played RB in the first City game and had a mare
Can only assume they had some things they wanted him to learn. Played centre back with Williams last weekend, which is where he plays for the Dutch teams apparently. Can play midfield too.

Unread 26-02-2016, 01:06 AM
utd99

I hope Van Persie and Fletcher are watching all these youngsters turning out for the first team, because neither of their kids are getting anywhere near City's first team. Still at least they have a nice pitch and finger sandwiches in the lounge huh?

Unread 26-02-2016, 01:09 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
I hope Van Persie and Fletcher are watching all these youngsters turning out for the first team, because neither of their kids are getting anywhere near City's first team. Still at least they have a nice pitch and finger sandwiches in the lounge huh?
Their kids are about 13 or 14 let's not get carried away pal

Unread 26-02-2016, 01:12 AM
utd99

Quote:
Their kids are about 13 or 14 let's not get carried away pal
Just annoys me.

Unread 26-02-2016, 01:18 AM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Just annoys me.
Yeah I know what you mean tbf but City are apparently hell bent on signing any kid that might amount to something. Not like United wouldn't take them back if they turn out to be good too. Fletcher sending his kids to them grates a bit more than RVP all things considered but chances are none of the kids will make it anyway.

Unread 26-02-2016, 01:29 AM
Silkyray

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack Duckworth
that's what united are all about - pacey, attacking football by young players. love it
Absolutely

Unread 26-02-2016, 01:47 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Yeah I know what you mean tbf but City are apparently hell bent on signing any kid that might amount to something. Not like United wouldn't take them back if they turn out to be good too. Fletcher sending his kids to them grates a bit more than RVP all things considered but chances are none of the kids will make it anyway.
Hope not and the whole experience turns their heads, ruins their education and they both become drug addled alcoholic wrecks who are totally dependent on and phenomenally disappointing to, their fathers

Unread 26-02-2016, 08:19 AM
puressence

Has sparky given rashford a name yet like bothwicks coma face
Closed Thread