United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 22-02-2016, 12:07 AM
Bunker Buster

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial

Anyway - people can believe or not believe what they want. It's all good.

Oh and apologies for calling you out earlier, bunks.
Absolutely I agree....

And no dramas whatsoever, I was just trying to yield a debate and openness, RI still have a (well established) voice and are worshipped by lots of reds for opinions and views...I've been around long enough..

I couldn't give a £#%&!, but when something is that inconsistent and obvious I'm going to poke the fire.

Unread 22-02-2016, 12:08 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venceremos
Two choices

1. They're bullshit merchants looking for subs

2. They're inside (or reading) the minds of Fergie, Charlton, Glazer bros, Woodward etc.

Which to believe...
Or maybe, just maybe, they're talking to people close to those you mention. Or maybe that's simply too implausible to consider...

Unread 22-02-2016, 12:09 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Or maybe, just maybe, they're talking to people close to those you mention. Or maybe that's simply too implausible to consider...
RI know 5/6 people that close to Those he mentioned ?

As well as this "new CEO" who's friendly with Fergie...

Steven Avery needs RI.

Unread 22-02-2016, 12:23 AM
Venceremos

Quote:
Contacts from every party who tell them all top level information and opinions?

It genuinely is too implausible to consider IMO.

Out of interest were Martial or other signings that came out of the blue talked about on there weeks/months before? If they were that'd be a great riposte to us who believe them bullshitters...

Unread 22-02-2016, 12:43 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Contacts from every party who tell them all top level information and opinions?

It genuinely is too implausible to consider IMO.

Out of interest were Martial or other signings that came out of the blue talked about on there weeks/months before? If they were that'd be a great riposte to us who believe them bullshitters...
Believe what you like. You're perfectly entitled to consider it ALL bullshit. Personally speaking, when close friends I know tell me stuff that's come from directly from sources within the club and have the journalists many on here consider 'clueless' phoning them to get their take on proceedings, I'm inclined to believe them... but then that's just me.

Unread 22-02-2016, 01:08 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:
Point we're choosing to ignore here, for whatever reason, is that Red Issue aren't just bullshit merchants to mocked and disregarded.

So we've spotted inconsistencies? Hasn't Ferguson himself been utterly inconsistent over the years? Changing his position to suit himself, being utterly disingenuous to protect his own interests and push his own agenda? Wasn't he dead against a takeover from 2003-2005 before suddenly performing an about turn once his contract had been signed? Didn't he once regard Wenger as a '£#%&!ing loser' before making up with him later? Wasn't he once tight with Roy Keane before rounding on him once he'd served his purpose? People change, opinions shift, alliances are formed and severed just as quickly...same as in politics.

I don't think Red Issue are 100% bang on with everything they print, they'd never profess to be - they're reporting rumours and counter rumours in one of the fastest moving, biggest soap opera bullshit industries on earth. But they're certainly better informed than anyone on here...or any professional bullshit merchants on twitter. To suggest they're simply making things up and doing this to drive traffic to a forum however, is fanciful in the extreme...if the people involved were solely money motivated, why on earth would they have stopped printing a mag which turned a comfortable profit each month?

Anyway - people can believe or not believe what they want. It's all good.

Oh and apologies for calling you out earlier, bunks.
I'd say your on or very near the money. Exactly where RI move into total speculation, allbeit of the 'informed' variety is hard to tell.

The big pisser is that the only way utd could be De-perched was if it came from within so it goes.....

ScholesGingerSheen

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
I think the one aspect of all this that appears to be the most credible is Ferguson's attempt to continue to wield power over the club.

He's an absolute disgrace. Destroying his legacy with every turn. Can't even look at the c*** these days
To what end though? The state we're in now he could just ring the Glazers and offer to get the old band together and come back and they'd probably listen. What Earthly benefit does he derive from pissing about in the background?

His legacy is the fact that we're so £#%&!ed off at how we're doing btw, if it wasn't for him 5th place and still in the UEFA and FA Cup at this stage would be a pretty standard season.

signed dc

Quote:
Two choices

1. They're bullshit merchants looking for subs

2. They're inside (or reading) the minds of Fergie, Charlton, Glazer bros, Woodward etc.

Which to believe...
Or 3. One or maybe two people are in a position to give them an insight into the thoughts of all the people you mention in choice 2.

Unread 22-02-2016, 01:16 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Or 3. One or maybe two people are in a position to give them an insight into the thoughts of all the people you mention in choice 2.
Let me get this straight...you're saying Mick Hucknall's IS A grass !

Unread 22-02-2016, 01:20 AM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Let me get this straight...you're saying Mick Hucknall's IS A grass !
Not Hucknall, he understands omertà, Far more likely Russ Abbott's been running his mouth off

Unread 22-02-2016, 01:23 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Not Hucknall, he understands omertà, Far more likely Russ Abbott's been running his mouth off
Classic Russ. If that even is his name...

Find out more at www.red

Etc

Unread 22-02-2016, 01:25 AM
armchair

at very best informed speculation but I doubt the informed part. It's not hard to guess shit. Look at peaky's jose to join on july 1st thread. He obviously has no inside knowledge but he's looked at the evidence and made an informed guess. And he'll probably be proved right. What ri do is use a scatter gun approach on twitter where they post just about every permutation then when one comes true they boast about it. And they've been doing it for years. It's not a new thing.

That's not to say they don't have actual contacts, they do but for the most part they are making shit up.

Their twitter is very clubcall premium number stuff. "Top striker linked to United join redissue to find out who" etc. They don't have any more an inside track than club call did back in the day.

Unread 22-02-2016, 01:30 AM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
Classic Russ. If that even is his name...

Find out more at www.red

Etc
It's the new teletext

Unread 22-02-2016, 08:17 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScholesGingerSheen
To what end though? The state we're in now he could just ring the Glazers and offer to get the old band together and come back and they'd probably listen. What Earthly benefit does he derive from pissing about in the background?

His legacy is the fact that we're so £#%&!ed off at how we're doing btw, if it wasn't for him 5th place and still in the UEFA and FA Cup at this stage would be a pretty standard season.

Fergie was a great manager nqat but steady on. He wasn't a once in a lifetime genius magician. None of them are. He managed the richest, best-resourced club in the country at the time the whole sport changed completely and a lot of things fell right for him, and us.

We'd probably have won the league a good few times with or without him, is my point. Nobody talks about Mancini and Pellegrini as being the best managers ever. They won because they're rich. Arguable but that's how a lot of ABUs always saw us too....

Unread 22-02-2016, 09:07 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
[/b]

Fergie was a great manager nqat but steady on. He wasn't a once in a lifetime genius magician. None of them are. He managed the richest, best-resourced club in the country at the time the whole sport changed completely and a lot of things fell right for him, and us.

We'd probably have won the league a good few times with or without him, is my point. Nobody talks about Mancini and Pellegrini as being the best managers ever. They won because they're rich. Arguable but that's how a lot of ABUs always saw us too....
What a load of absolute shite.

Unread 22-02-2016, 09:18 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
What a load of absolute shite.
Pourquoi, Ethersers? I'm just saying we shouldn't blow Fergie unconditionally.

Unread 22-02-2016, 09:24 AM
Silkyray

Quote:
[/b]

Yes because there's not a season goes by that a manager gets rid of 3 of its top players, totally revolutionises the mentality of a club, employs the very best of services and turns those services into the envy of world football.

Unread 22-02-2016, 09:27 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkyray
Yes because there's not a season goes by that a manager gets rid of 3 of its top players, totally revolutionises the mentality of a club, employs the very best of services and turns those services into the envy of world football.
Yeah. I loved Fergie. He was ace. My point was that we were the biggest club in the country long before Fergie turned up and eventually we were going to get it right. To say that Fergie is the only reason we aren't seen as also-ranks these days is daft.

Unread 22-02-2016, 09:56 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
[/b]

that's me convinced

dick

Unread 22-02-2016, 10:32 AM
dragflick

Quote:
[/b]

I'm not sure we would have though? Why didn't we for the previous 26 years before him? He came in, sorted the whole £#%&!ing club out- put in place the youth side of things with then started to produce top class youngsters in the 90s, bought well, didn't even spend that much more than other clubs all the way through his first 15 years, and still managed to dominate.

You're severely understimating how much of it was down to Fergs. He was a £#%&!ing genius. Look what he did with Aberdeen before he came down here

Love you Knockers, but I'm with Ethers on this one
Closed Thread