United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2016, 05:51 PM
ZiggyStardust

Does anyone actually believe all this machiavellian %@#$&!s about Fergie, Gill and Co92 trying to control things from behind the scenes

There is no split in the board at Utd as its completely controlled by the Glazers
Gill and Fergie are only token presences on that board and have absolutely no power

Giggs has no chance of being our next pernament manager as the Glazers couldn't take the risk of appointing a novice given the absolute state we are in at the moment
The idea of Giggs taking over from LvG was based on the premise that LvG would be successful and would leave an excellent squad behind him for Giggs to inherit so he would just keep things ticking along

Unread 21-02-2016, 05:53 PM
Lok

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
sounds about right to me

as riccers said plausible explanation re current impasse

turns out martin edwards was right about not offering fergie a position in the club busby effect

there needs to be a clean sweep of the old guard . City used to have this problem to many people hanging around the place
It's absolute %@#$&!s.

Have you seen Charlton lately? Do you really think he has a say in how the club is run? He's nothing more than an ambassador for the club and I know that for a fact.

I've no idea how much Fergie is involved but I very much doubt they're in his £#%&!ing head knowing his inner-most feelings. He might not like Mourinho (explains why he was ignored first time round) and he probably does want Giggs to take over now. But to suggest all that other %@#$&!s is just a cast of 2+2=5.

I also doubt Gill is doing £#%&! all, he's too busy pursuing his other interests which is why he left in the first place.

There are no '2 boards'. We don't have football people involved in decisions and that's a big part of why we're in the mess we're currently in. The Glazers run the club through Woodward. They have all the power and do as they please.

Unread 21-02-2016, 05:56 PM
andyroo

The people writing it are under the impression that everyone else is as cynical and snide as they are.

Projection.

Unread 21-02-2016, 05:57 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bunker Buster
No it's not. Hth.
Who's running it now then? The Twitter account and the Sanc haven't changed hands.

Unread 21-02-2016, 05:58 PM
S/Side.Red

Heard Gill on the radio recently and he suggested that he and Fergie do offer "advice" if Woodward comes to them.

Got the impression there is still some influence there, which is only natural really. Woodward doesn't have a clue.

If Fergie does have an influence, he's probably stubborn enough to back Woody in sticking to the plan of Lvg->Giggs.
Media/fan pressure won't phase him.

Unread 21-02-2016, 06:00 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Who's running it now then? The Twitter account and the Sanc haven't changed hands.
Have no idea about the forum / sanc, but I know someone involved with the Twitter side and the push for revenue...£££ it's been a direct request..

I'm not naming names ffs.

Now are you going to answer how they have been consistent ?

Unread 21-02-2016, 06:02 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Plays that weekend...

Didn't they Tweet the other day that some crazy LvG post-match comments were embargoed until today? Any sign of those?

Unread 21-02-2016, 06:02 PM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
They just went on a tweet frenzy...

@RedIssue
MUFC has 2 boards, football club and overall company.
Woodward + Richard Arnold in commercial-is-king alliance on Company Board vs. Fergie, Gill, Charlton on FC board

Power lies with Company Board (mainly Woodward + Glazers) but Fergie alliance retains huge influence on the ground at OT and Carrington

Charlton=anti-Mourinho; Fergie too (strung him along in 2012/13: ignore public 'matey' image). Gill was pro- in 2013, overall more anti- now

Fergie views Jose as "a pup", not in his league. Hated losing to him so often & had to use diff approach to him compared to Wenger, Benitez

Fergie knew Mourinho wanted Utd job so strung him along. His final "victory" was stiffing him over 2013 succession: power and control.

Fergie furious @ loss of influence.Hates Wward&his commercial dept, tells pals Utd is "all about money now" (despite it paying him £2m p/a)

Gill's role usurped by Wward since '05 so dislike there too. Gill (amazingly) popular with OT staff. Fergie sidelined by Glazers since 2013.

Co92 represent way for Fergie to re-gain lost influence, hence pushing Giggs as manager. Fergie eyes "back seat driver" role, wants LVG out.

Wward OK'd 'Fergie tip' Moyes in 2013 so must stick with LVG to avoid 2 failures on record.Needs LVG to see out season for "honourable" exit

Woodward wants Co92 'legend' for marketing purposes but hates competition from Co92 'brand': MUFC employees banned from Co92 hotel last year

Woodward appoints Giggs, gives Ferg back influence; appoints Jose, Ferg shunted but Giggs might quit. Plus sacking LVG looks bad = STALEMATE

Wward clueless re f'ball matters & terrified of making wrong call. Has to keep stringing Mourinho along (Dec contact+last week) in meantime.

Mourinho DESPERATE for Utd for years; now ready to wait but knows Wward is flakey + no guarantees; trying to put pressure on re "other jobs"

Added factor to LVG being shown as failure is Wward under pressure in Florida: Glazers been talking to potential new CEO who is Fergie ally.

Other big problem for Woodward is sacking LVG + missing CL is v expensive. As is Mourinho. Giggs represents budget Glazer-tastic replacement

Other strands: Mourinho agent Mendes is 'friends' with Wward; also long in business with Ferg+Gill & now Co92 through ValenciaFC & Peter Lim

Rooney also a factor:still biggest draw for sponsors - being onside with him helps get in with Wward, hence Co92 praising his "performances"

Fergie OK'd Co92 to bash LVG in media until Dec;then gave backing to LVG when Mourinho available. Pro-Giggs media message now more desperate

Entire shambles = Glazers reaping what theyve sown since 2005: theyre reluctant to even invest in youth system as it's "not cost effective"
what a crock of shit

Unread 21-02-2016, 06:04 PM
andyroo

Why was Mourinho "desperate for us for years"? Of course he is now because he made such a @#%&! of himself this season.

Unread 21-02-2016, 06:08 PM
signed dc

So basically, LVG's still in a job for now because Woodward (although clueless) probably knows giving it Giggs is potentially disastrous, but he hasn't got the authority/cojones to make a decisive decision (sack LVG and appoint Mourinho) that will piss off Fergie & Bobby Charlton, who are both are on record as being opposed to his appointment? Sounds about right.

Unread 21-02-2016, 06:09 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Have no idea about the forum / sanc, but I know someone involved with the Twitter side and the push for revenue...£££ it's been a direct request..

So you've got no idea about the forum/Sanc but you're well informed about the push for revenue on Twitter directing people to the forum/Sanc?

Sure.

Unread 21-02-2016, 06:13 PM
signed dc

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Why was Mourinho "desperate for us for years"? Of course he is now because he made such a @#%&! of himself this season.
Quite obvious from the charm offensive when they knocked us out of Europe in Ferie's lsst season

Unread 21-02-2016, 06:14 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
So you've got no idea about the forum/Sanc but you're well informed about the push for revenue on Twitter directing people to the forum/Sanc?

Sure.
JP and a few others....

Oh and

https://twitter.com/redissue/status/701436758748057601

https://twitter.com/redissue/status/701187136762937345

https://twitter.com/redissue/status/701065968592637953

https://twitter.com/redissue/status/700773522788880384

https://twitter.com/redissue/status/700434160758845441

Etc etc etcetera....

Now about the tweets being consistent ?

Unread 21-02-2016, 06:19 PM
Cream

Quote:
No it's not. Hth.

35 tweets in 3 minutes covering every possible outcome is consistent ?
Ending (as always) with the 'learn more at our forums' tweet..

Ok mate, ok...
Definitely team Bunks on this one.

He seems to have a better handle on things.

Unread 21-02-2016, 06:21 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by signed dc
Quite obvious from the charm offensive when they knocked us out of Europe in Ferie's lsst season
He'd already agreed to Chelsea then.

Also, what charm?

Unread 21-02-2016, 06:22 PM
signed dc

Quote:
All the older RI heads have left, it's basically a fan channel Twitter acc

Notice how they don't do much snide now or go after journo's or other football heads.
It's an acc to create traffic to a subscription service
Plenty of that in the last couple of weeks

Unread 21-02-2016, 06:27 PM
carlosartorial

Quote:

The tweets scar posted are consistent with what they've been saying in the Sanc for months. I hardly go on Twitter these days so I've no idea what they are saying on there.

As I said earlier, as far as I'm aware the people who tweet haven't changed though.

I reckon you are talking a load of %@#$&!s on the subject of RI tbh.

Unread 21-02-2016, 06:29 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
The tweets scar posted are consistent with what they've been saying in the Sanc for months. I hardly go on Twitter these days so I've no idea what they are saying on there.

As I said earlier, as far as I'm aware the people who tweet haven't changed though.

I reckon you are talking a load of %@#$&!s on the subject of RI tbh.
Ok no worries....

It's there for all too see.....

Unread 21-02-2016, 06:32 PM
Silkyray

Surely I can't be the only one who thinks that this is extremely convenient for red issue? It pretty much backs up every theory they have ever dreamed up. I'm only surprised that they didn't shoe horn Rio in for a bit of bad press.

Unread 21-02-2016, 06:40 PM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silkyray
Surely I can't be the only one who thinks that this is extremely convenient for red issue? It pretty much backs up every theory they have ever dreamed up. I'm only surprised that they didn't shoe horn Rio in for a bit of bad press.

The real truth at last: why we didn't sign Marcos Senna...
Closed Thread