United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 21-02-2013, 09:02 PM
tatty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
"We've got to break the match down into quarters, just look at the first 20 minutes, then take each half at a time"

I've broken it down and exmained it word by word.

Makes no sense.

Unread 21-02-2013, 09:07 PM
£#%&! KFC

Quote:
Originally Posted by waynes ear's
prize @#%&!
so it Rodgers

Unread 21-02-2013, 09:10 PM
Ethers

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
so it Rodgers
Get a new keyboard you fat handed @#%&!.

Unread 21-02-2013, 11:14 PM
General Woundwort

Are those @#%&!s anything other than "incredible" as far as Rodgers is concerned. Always 'heading in the right direction' too. ITV gave him 30 seconds then and when he realised he had longer than he needed he just repeated what he'd already said. Might as well just replay any interview he's given since he joined.

Unread 21-02-2013, 11:45 PM
The Return of JC

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Are those @#%&!s anything other than "incredible" as far as Rodgers is concerned. Always 'heading in the right direction' too. ITV gave him 30 seconds then and when he realised he had longer than he needed he just repeated what he'd already said. Might as well just replay any interview he's given since he joined.
Someone else said it on here recently, but I've never known a manager of Liverpool who seems so happy to lose. It's always 'the players gave everything'. oh well, as long as they tried hard eh, Brendan? Taking yet another Football Psychology 101 entry (always back the players in public) to the point of parody.

Total fraud. Perfect for them though. Will tell them all they want to hear.

Unread 22-02-2013, 12:22 AM
Tumescent Throb

Great bit in the game tonight when they actually managed to play their way out of a corner at the back and set up an attack - the commentators reacted as if it was absolutely astonishing that a football team could do such a thing

Unread 22-02-2013, 08:08 AM
djsst

Quote:
'I'm very proud of the club and players even though we lost the tie,' said Rodgers. 'The club and players showed why we are part of the world's greatest football family. We lost the battle but in terms of the war going forward we are very much looking forward to that.'

Unread 22-02-2013, 08:16 AM
djsst

Quote:
"I want many more nights like this, with bigger prizes."
you lost.

Unread 22-02-2013, 08:50 AM
wiganste

i don't understand how they have been knocked out. They played the perfect away game according to Brent and they won the home game yet they are out? What the £#%&! is happening?

Unread 22-02-2013, 08:51 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
i don't understand how they have been knocked out. They played the perfect away game according to Brent and they won the home game yet they are out? What the £#%&! is happening?
its a £#%&!ing disgrace

if it was up to me they would get a 2 goal start in every game, anything less is a slap in the face for the families of the 96 angels

Unread 22-02-2013, 08:55 AM
wiganste

i agree with that. What do we need to take it to parliment? 100,000 signatures? Let's get on with it

Unread 22-02-2013, 08:59 AM
no fun

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
i agree with that. What do we need to take it to parliment? 100,000 signatures? Let's get on with it
nah, lets do a charity single, get that @#%&! mccartney to sing lead vocals

version of this would do

Unread 22-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Switching Off

Love how when that third goes in he makes a double sub. They were on top, all over them, and he goes ahead with it, losing the momentum, rather than telling them to sit back down for 5 minutes. Dick

Unread 22-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Love how when that third goes in he makes a double sub. They were on top, all over them, and he goes ahead with it, losing the momentum, rather than telling them to sit back down for 5 minutes. Dick
Absolutely terrible decision.

Unread 22-02-2013, 10:26 AM
dodger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zorg
Absolutely terrible decision.
I thought just the same. Obv he had already planned to do it but you just tell them to sit back down for ten or carry on warming up.
They'd just built up quite a head of steam. What a £#%&!ing clown. Desperate not to appear indecisive I'd say.

Unread 22-02-2013, 11:08 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Return of JC
Someone else said it on here recently, but I've never known a manager of Liverpool who seems so happy to lose. It's always 'the players gave everything'. oh well, as long as they tried hard eh, Brendan? Taking yet another Football Psychology 101 entry (always back the players in public) to the point of parody.

Total fraud. Perfect for them though. Will tell them all they want to hear.
Yet Hodgson, who they hated so much for the crime of appearing negative, clearly £#%&!ing hated losing.

They're deranged, they care more about how they're perceived than how they play.

Unread 22-02-2013, 11:10 AM
rafabio

Quote:

1. ”It was a perfect away performance, apart from the first 10 minutes.”

2. “I’ve always said that you can live without water for many days, but you can’t live for a second without hope.”

3. On Luis Suarez: “He is a real warrior of spirit.”

4. “My biggest mentor is myself because I’ve had to study, so that’s been my biggest influence.”

5. “I am not a power freak.” (We think the lady doth protest too much!)

6. “I started coaching for one reason and that was to make a difference for people, not just as footballers but as human beings.”

7. “When we have the football, everybody’s a player.”

8. “You train dogs, I like to educate players.”

9. ‘I think there’s three players who will let us down this year — the cause, the fight, everything – and I have written them down already in these three envelopes. Make sure you are not in one of the envelopes.”

10.”I use a quote with the players,“Per aspera ad astra”, which is Latin for ‘through adversity to the stars’.”

11. “When you’ve got the ball 65-70% of the time, it’s a football death for the other team. We’re not at that stage yet, but that’s what we will get to. It’s death by football. You just suck the life out of them.”

12. “Joe Allen is one of the most courageous players I’ve seen.

13. “I will leave no stone unturned in my quest – and that quest will be relentless.”

14. “I always say a squad is like a good meal – I’m not a great cook but a good meal takes a wee bit of time, but also to offer a good meal you need good ingredients.”

15. “All I’ll ever do is all I’ve ever done in any job, and that’s promise to fight for my life for the people of the city.”

16. On the ‘Being: Liverpool’ documentary: “It was something I didn’t watch, and thankfully it’s over.”

17. “I’ve always worked along the statistic, that if you can dominate the game with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning a game of football.”

18. “I believe a young player will run through a barbed wire fence for you. An older player looks for a hole in the fence.”

19. “The problem with being a manager is it’s like trying to build an aircraft while it is flying.”

20. ”We play with 11 men, other teams play with 10 men and a goalkeeper.”

Unread 22-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Drexl

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
19. “The problem with being a manager is it’s like trying to build an aircraft while it is flying.”

Unread 22-02-2013, 11:15 AM
Jack Duckworth

17. “I’ve always worked along the statistic, that if you can dominate the game with the ball you have a 79% chance of winning a game of football.”

Unread 22-02-2013, 11:22 AM
andyroo

Quote:
18. “I believe a young player will run through a barbed wire fence for you. An older player looks for a hole in the fence.”
Er... I'm not sure this is an altogether appropriate metaphor in the context of that club.
Closed Thread