United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football

Unread 02-05-2024, 01:15 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe View Post
Financial clout from the new owners first and then Pep. We already had the financial clout, that's never changed.
Partly true.

Yes financial clout is a huge part but they hoovered up Barcelonas entire footballing operation firstly and then meticulously laid the groundwork for Guardiola to take over. They are a well run operation first and foremost above all else. And obviously, prolific cheats.

You can throw all the money about you like but if there’s no thought behind it and above all no succession planning then you’re getting nowhere.

Unread 02-05-2024, 01:23 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
Partly true.

Yes financial clout is a huge part but they hoovered up Barcelonas entire footballing operation firstly and then meticulously laid the groundwork for Guardiola to take over. They are a well run operation first and foremost above all else. And obviously, prolific cheats.

You can throw all the money about you like but if there’s no thought behind it and above all no succession planning then you’re getting nowhere.
We all know City wouldn't be were they are without Abu Dhabi, it's not even a conversation. But they also wouldn't be were they are now without Pep, that's why it took them 15 years to get to a Champions League Final.

Look at it from another angle. United's "structure" was in place from 71-86 and more or less the same structure as it was from 86-2005. Why did we not win the league in all that time? There's only one answer.

Unread 02-05-2024, 01:26 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
We all know City wouldn't be were they are without Abu Dhabi, it's not even a conversation. But they also wouldn't be were they are now without Pep, that's why it took them 15 years to get to a Champions League Final.

Look at it from another angle. United's "structure" was in place from 71-86 and more or less the same structure as it was from 86-2005. Why did we not win the league in all that time? There's only one answer.
The greatest manager in history took over and overhauled the entire club, from the first team to the scouting network to the youth set up.

Unread 02-05-2024, 01:30 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The greatest manager in history took over and overhauled the entire club, from the first team to the scouting network to the youth set up.
Finally back on track I'm trying desperately to keep this thread about Ten Hag's tenure despite magic using it to get hysterical about City again.

OK, so lets say Ten Hag gets another year. What does he get next season that he hasn't had this season?

Unread 02-05-2024, 01:31 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Finally back on track I'm trying desperately to keep this thread about Ten Hag's tenure despite magic using it to get hysterical about City again.

OK, so lets say Ten Hag gets another year. What does he get next season that he hasn't had this season?
Hopefully someone above him who can spot a decent £#%&!ing player

Unread 02-05-2024, 01:33 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky*** View Post
Hopefully someone above him who can spot a decent £#%&!ing player
Well considering he's worked with most of his signings previously surely that's a big enough red flag for anyone? If he can't get a tune out players he's worked with before and get them to follow his "philospohy" what £#%&!ing chance has he got with someone he hasn't

Unread 02-05-2024, 01:36 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
Well considering he's worked with most of his signings previously
Isn't it Onana, Martinez and Antony he's worked with before? That's only 3 and only Antony is a flop.

Unread 02-05-2024, 01:38 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by suedeshoes
Isn't it Onana, Martinez and Antony he's worked with before? That's only 3 and only Antony is a flop.
I thought there were a few others. Although three should be enough.

Edit: you think Onana's been a succcess?

Unread 02-05-2024, 01:42 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by believe
99 Mark Bosmich Free
01 Laurent Blanc Free

Current cost of Uniteds squad 1.42 billion
Currrent cost of City's squad 1.03 billion

What's your point?
Could be that the cost of city's squad is lies?

Unread 02-05-2024, 01:46 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Could be that the cost of city's squad is lies?
It's based on the sales between City and whoever they've bought off. Are we back to saying every football club in Europe is complicit in City's cheating again

Unread 02-05-2024, 01:47 PM
marlo

Quote:
Well considering he's worked with most of his signings previously surely that's a big enough red flag for anyone? If he can't get a tune out players he's worked with before and get them to follow his "philospohy" what £#%&!ing chance has he got with someone he hasn't
your wasting your time on them

i actually think some on here support ETH not united!

The “structure” is the latest excuse.
You can have the best footballing structure in world but it will make no difference if the manager can’t coach or game manage.
he can’t even get a team with superior players to dominate Burnley at HOME

They can’t go with the injuries excuse because it’s even more ridiculous
Basically without Martinez we can’t function at a team at all.
all the men upstairs on big money and all our eggs are in the basket i of a manager who can’t get results if we don’t have a 5’8 CB available.

What a time to be alive

Unread 02-05-2024, 01:47 PM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
It's based on the sales between City and whoever they've bought off. Are we back to saying every football club in Europe is complicit in City's cheating again
You think city's financial reporting is legit?

Unread 02-05-2024, 01:48 PM
suedeshoes

Quote:
I thought there were a few others. Although three should be enough.

Edit: you think Onana's been a succcess?
Not really. He's a work in progress. He's improved.

Unread 02-05-2024, 01:50 PM
marlo

Quote:
Yep that’s their narrative!

City’s former DOF moved to Southampton and bought some city youngsters because he obviously had knowledge of them and it was Said on here by sparky that Southampton are laundering money with Man City!

That same director has just joined United, funnily enough if we sign a few city academy players that narrative will dissapear.

Unread 02-05-2024, 01:53 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch View Post
You think city's financial reporting is legit?
No but I guess all the other teams they've bought from are. OR!!!! they're all in on it and want City to be the best in Europe with their help!!!!!

Unread 02-05-2024, 02:18 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:

Unread 02-05-2024, 02:28 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo View Post
your wasting your time on them

i actually think some on here support ETH not united!

The “structure” is the latest excuse.
You can have the best footballing structure in world but it will make no difference if the manager can’t coach or game manage.
he can’t even get a team with superior players to dominate Burnley at HOME

They can’t go with the injuries excuse because it’s even more ridiculous
Basically without Martinez we can’t function at a team at all.
all the men upstairs on big money and all our eggs are in the basket i of a manager who can’t get results if we don’t have a 5’8 CB available.

What a time to be alive

Why did your pal mourinho fail if it wasn't about the structure above...?

Oh and we had 6 (six) centre backs out, not just 1.

Quote:
No but I guess all the other teams they've bought from are. OR!!!! they're all in on it and want City to be the best in Europe with their help!!!!!

So you think city's operation is all above board and entirely legit? Christ almighty.

Unread 02-05-2024, 02:33 PM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post

So you think city's operation is all above board and entirely legit? Christ almighty.
Tell me where I said that or are you just making stuff up again?

Unread 02-05-2024, 02:38 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Look, I can multi quote as well! At least try and keep up with yourself

Unread 02-05-2024, 02:40 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley View Post
Look, I can multi quote as well! At least try and keep up with yourself