United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-09-2007, 09:07 AM
The Return of JC

Besides, I'm not convinced he's competely ruled out. There's a quote attributed to him saying he thinks he won't make it, not that he's definitely out.

He may still have a chance. Maybe make the bench or something.

Unread 18-09-2007, 09:12 AM
El Calafate

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/foot...pe/6999810.stm

nft.

Unread 18-09-2007, 09:13 AM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Perhaps we should start considering selling him on, it's obviously not going to work out. If someone comes in with a Veron type offer (50%ish) I'd say Gill will consider it and perhaps move for someone tried and tested like Graveson.

Unread 18-09-2007, 09:16 AM
MUFC One Love

Oh, look, when you need him...he's not fit.

I'm sure he'll be fit for Birmingham at home though, should be great, a back 4 and Hargreaves marking somebody like that Cameron Jerome with Hargrveaves doing side ways passes at the back, then a few players just supporting Tevez or Rooney who aren't a lone striker and a 1-0 victory.

Oh and last season Essien moved to right back and destroyed us from there.

Chelsea's best player by far.

Unread 18-09-2007, 09:19 AM
El Calafate

told you before, if we get 30 games out of him this season, i'll be delighted. nft.

Unread 18-09-2007, 10:13 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebelcountyred
not so worried about his absence on wednesday, fancy us to do fine without him, next sunday however is different, chelski dominated in midfield at OT last season, honestly think that without hargreaves they may do so again.
WUM - Carrick got motm

Unread 18-09-2007, 10:14 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Calafate
told you before, if we get 30 games out of him this season, i'll be delighted. nft.
Which 30 games though ffs

Unread 18-09-2007, 10:26 AM
antonin jablonsky

Should never have signed him, should sell him immediately...................................blah , blah, blah.

Unread 18-09-2007, 10:38 AM
puressence

Quote:
Originally Posted by antonin jablonsky
Should never have signed him, should sell him immediately...................................blah , blah, blah.
get jagileka in

Unread 18-09-2007, 10:42 AM
Qwertyuiop

Highly paid footballers shouldnt be getting injured, its just not on.

Unread 18-09-2007, 11:20 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
He can't start Saha, Rooney, Tevez, Ronaldo & Giggs.....
It'll be interesting team news.

We ought to just go all out, shit or bust in Europe this season. 4-2-4 in every game!....outscore the £#%&! out of everyone.
(Unlikely & potentially disastrous admittedly)

When everyone's fit, play all 4 of Rooney Ronaldo Tevez Saha

Unread 18-09-2007, 12:00 PM
El Calafate

Talking Carlos errs on the side of caution

Assistant boss Carlos Queiroz says United will take a cautious approach in their opening Champions League Group F match in Lisbon on Wednesday evening.

The Reds flew out to Portugal on Tuesday morning, minus Owen Hargreaves and Gary Neville, but boosted by the return of Wayne Rooney to full fitness after recovering from a broken foot.

Queiroz is expecting a tough encounter against his former club, for whom he was a coach, but is hopeful of a positive outcome for the Reds.

"We are going to play a cautious game because we respect Sporting," he told Uefa.com. "However, we will play with ambition because we want to collect the three points at the Alvalade.

"This is not the best time to face Sporting. This is not our best moment and this is also the first group stage match. But hopefully we can get the result we want."

Queiroz is not the only United representative returning to face their former team. Both Cristiano Ronaldo and Nani are ex-Sporting graduates and Queiroz says it will be an important occasion for the Reds' Portuguese clan.

"Of course it will be a special feeling playing against Sporting, as it will be for Nani and Cristiano Ronaldo," he insisted.

"But we are all professionals and I am sure we will do our best. I hope we can play a tremendous game and I'm sure the Sporting fans are expecting this."

nft.
Closed Thread