United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:37 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
They dovetailed very nicely on Saturday too. Both played well.

Season after season it's always the £#%&!ing same, scapegoat after scapegoat.

Giggs for all his shit form this season has been pissed about, playing in one position after the other. He played as the £#%&!ing target man on Saturday. But I guess some folk would be happy to have Eagles or Martin in the 16 ahead of Giggs. They're young blah blah blah....
So you are blaming fergie?

If yes then I am with you. I am in a win-win situation. Either fergie or giggs. What is your choice?

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:39 AM
Whalefish

Neither. I'll take the rough with the smooth tbh.

And for all his faults I don't seem many 'top' candidates ready and waiting to replace Fergie.

Of course some thick @#%&! will produce a list of maybes but they won't be good enough.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:40 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Bedders - Tevez played the number 10 role on Saturday and played very well. Giggs, for some £#%&!ing reason, was asked to 'lead the line'. Go figure. Bizarre tactics.
Yup, I just didn't get it, there was lots of players playing essentially in midfield and nothing forward of it. Playing Giggs as a main striker was never gonna work but credit to him for trying.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:41 AM
sharath

Quote:
Neither. I'll take the rough with the smooth tbh.

And for all his faults I don't seem many 'top' candidates ready and waiting to replace Fergie.

Of course some thick @#%&! will produce a list of maybes but they won't be good enough.
Sven

I am not saying he should be replaced. I just hope he gets his arse in the right direction or else we are £#%&!ed.

Still I am happy that we are pathetic at the moment and still ahead of chelsea.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:42 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
what? there were plenty to pass yesterday. actually carrick picked ronaldo few times too and then nani later.
Where was I? Goodison. As to your point, are you now saying Scholes doesn't stop Carrick from passing? My point is, with the lack of a striker there isn't a target to play off up front which is why we pass it about so much in front of the defence without really getting anywhere. Still easier to go down the boring old, slate Giggs and Scholes route than accept this eh?

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:45 AM
Whalefish

You see that's what I don't get with some supporters atm. Pathetic? We've played some decent football this season but not converted many of our chances into goals. That's unfortunate and even if we were smashing 3 past most teams most of the supporters I know would've have been quite happy to beat an in form Everton 1-0 even if it was a late strike.

We've also been missing a lot of players and over the next few weeks we'll continue to struggle as some of those returning have to get up to fitness. We're doing ok, just, but I don't agree it's pathetic. Frustrating perhaps.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:51 AM
sharath

Quote:
You see that's what I don't get with some supporters atm. Pathetic? We've played some decent football this season but not converted many of our chances into goals. That's unfortunate and even if we were smashing 3 past most teams most of the supporters I know would've have been quite happy to beat an in form Everton 1-0 even if it was a late strike.

We've also been missing a lot of players and over the next few weeks we'll continue to struggle as some of those returning have to get up to fitness. We're doing ok, just, but I don't agree it's pathetic. Frustrating perhaps.
weren't these the same fans who were laughing at arsenal last season when they were struggling with injuries and suspensions saying these are all just excuses.

And what chances are you talking about? I don't think united have created clear cut chances at all. may be oppurtunites.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:53 AM
antonin jablonsky

Quote:
weren't these the same fans who were laughing at arsenal last season when they were struggling with injuries and suspensions saying these are all just excuses.
Possibly, see that's what you do with opposition teams. You're supposed to SUPPORT your own team on the other hand.

Unread 17-09-2007, 08:54 AM
Whalefish

Quote:

And what chances are you talking about? I don't think united have created clear cut chances at all. may be oppurtunites.
Since when is a fact an excuse? It was pointed out time and time again last season by Utd fans also that Arsenal were struggling with injuries, suspensions and off field problems (Henry). For a squad of 24 players (on average) there is only so much a team can take before it disrupts the quality of the starting XI.

Yes, we've created no chances in the 6 games at all. None whatsoever. We're shit. Lets run to Red Cafe...

Some folk will £#%&!ing top themselves when/if Utd win nothing this season.

Unread 17-09-2007, 09:18 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Since when is a fact an excuse? It was pointed out time and time again last season by Utd fans also that Arsenal were struggling with injuries, suspensions and off field problems (Henry). For a squad of 24 players (on average) there is only so much a team can take before it disrupts the quality of the starting XI.

Yes, we've created no chances in the 6 games at all. None whatsoever. We're shit. Lets run to Red Cafe...

That's not a bad thing with some of the @#%&!s that post on here.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:43 AM
sharath

Quote:
I hope I am proved completely wrong.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:50 AM
Whalefish

Quote:
I hope I am proved completely wrong.
What does it matter if Utd don't win anything this season? I've said before I don't think we'll win a goddamn thing but I'm pretty optimisitc re the long term future of the squad.

We'll have two young signings who have 12months under their belt and settled in on/off the field, some youngsters will hopefully have developed further and we might (stress might) be in a position to add to the squad next Summer in 1 or 2 areas only.

Whenever Utd have added 3/4 players to the squad, IMO, we've always tended to struggle. Fergie's better off when the purse strings are tightened IMO but I think this Summers activity was to address a few positions asap and give them a bit more time. Patience is required.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:51 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
I am not saying he should be replaced. I just hope he gets his arse in the right direction or else we are £#%&!ed.
Any chance you'd take the job if we could £#%&! the useless @#%&! off?

Unread 17-09-2007, 11:30 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
If it was a risk not to start him then it worked because we won. Move on.
Yes - an emphatic victory. Not.

Quote:
regarding scholes comment about dropping back too deep, he doesn't do it out of necessity. He does it because he likes it. He likes to get the ball in centre circle and spread it out. But he just makes carrick redundant with the fact that its carrick job. so many times already this season we have seen scholes and carrick near the centre circle 3 yards apart with the ball at scholes feet.
Thats not any different to last season. The difference was last season we had Carrick and Scholes with Giggs, Rooney, Ronaldo & Saha to feed.

The Carrick Scholes thing has only looked a problem when we've gone with 3 in midfield with Hargreaves next to them.

Unread 17-09-2007, 07:12 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
If it was a risk not to start him then it worked because we won. Move on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Yes - an emphatic victory. Not.
And your point is?

I'm beginning to think some on here, including you just now, honestly believe that they have the inside track on the United squad and could have them rolling over everyone they play. Such tactical, psychological, sociological and medical wizards it would be hard to find in the real world. And yet they inhabit the internet in their droves. Pure comedy gold.

It's becoming a standing joke

Unread 17-09-2007, 07:24 PM
Rex7

Quote:
I'm pretty optimisitc
WUM.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
And your point is?
That it was a risk . . . even Fergie said it was heading for a draw ffs

Quote:
I'm beginning to think some on here, including you just now, honestly believe that they have the inside track on the United squad and could have them rolling over everyone they play. Such tactical, psychological, sociological and medical wizards it would be hard to find in the real world. And yet they inhabit the internet in their droves. Pure comedy gold.

Don't be so stupid & ridiculous. I've never claimed that.

If you have this outlook, why even bother posting anything when you can just say ''Fergie knows best''. Fergie isn't perfect.

Were you upset like Fergie that we had to sell Richardson? Did you agree with Fergie when he brought on O'Shea up front against Reading? Have you ever disagreed with anything Fergie's ever done? Very arrogant of you if you have

It doesn't take a fuuking genius to see those things were wrong, and to see other things which are wrong.

These posts which jump on the slightest bit of criticism - and fair criticism at that, are getting just as stupid as these doom posts which I assume they're meant to be against.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:17 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
And your point is?

You don't do irony, do you?

£#%&!ing hell.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:21 PM
Tumescent Throb

Ferguson brought Richardson through to International (friendly) standard, he sold him for £5.5m, and he gave him a few kind words to be on his way with. If you've got a problem with that part you're a very bitter man indeed. I'm sure you haven't really btw.

Against Reading he overestimated their ambition (best crossing team in the league last season and gave us one of our toughest home matches) and underestimated Nani's readiness is how I read it now. We still should have won and O'Shea would have probably scored the chance that Scholes fluffed at the end. MOTWYW.

Sorry, it doesn't take a genius to see what things were wrong? IF it was a risk not to start Saha then it worked because we won. No it wasn't emphatic. So what? What's your point? That in your opinion Saha should have started because we nearly didn't win? Great. Thanks for that.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:23 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
You don't do irony, do you?

£#%&!ing hell.
I certainly don't do don't doing things
Closed Thread