United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Zlatan, new contract?
Yes 13 36.11%
Let's see how things pan out with the knee 23 63.89%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 09-05-2017, 07:42 AM
Cream

Default Should we offer Zlatan another contract?

Quote:
Raiola told Swedish publication Expressen.se: 'Zlatan has started rehabilitation at the hospital. His knee is so strong that the doctors said they had never seen anything like it.
'He has a knee that it is almost impossible for a football player with a 20-year career to have. It was quite clean... there was no harm in it.
'Zlatan is so strong that the doctor wants him back after his career to research on him.
'They work in the world's best research institutions for the knees and ligaments. They research a lot on the subject and that is why they are better than everyone else. And the doctors want back Zlatan to do research on him.
'So after Zlatan's career, we will go back and open him up again to do research on his ligaments.'
Sounds to me like he'll come back stronger than ever.

Unread 09-05-2017, 07:51 AM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Zlatan or Raiola?

Unread 09-05-2017, 07:54 AM
AK14

Yes

Could be a useful option when he's fit.

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:01 AM
dunk

Nah

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:01 AM
BarryX

A very expensive 'option' in my opinion. Apparently he will have earned 400k+ this season, per week, including goal bonuses (basic 367k). Very good to come off the bench, in place of someone more mobile as our starter next season, but on that money? Maybe on a pay as you play...

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:11 AM
redhegemony

Depends - if we bring in some physically and mentally powerful players then we don't need him - if we don't have any leaders then we do.

I'd prefer some hard as nails eastern european centre half to be our totem.

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:20 AM
The taste of...

Yes..... we need someone to lead the younger lads smiling and grinning after a glaring miss

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:22 AM
dunk

Quote:
Manchester United striker Zlatan Ibrahimovic is the best-paid player in the Premier League on £367,640 a week (his goal bonus is worth £2.86m) (Daily Mail)

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:31 AM
thatsfuctit

Depends
- on who, if anyone is coming in.
- if he needs the world to revolve around him.

If the op has been as successful as it sounds, I don't think his mentality / ego will allow him to be pensioned off to USA , I think he'll want to prove himself again.

If that's the case and the deal and role is right, I'd keep him, as stated too few leaders and mentally tough individuals in the squad.

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:40 AM
Switching Off

We offered him one and he wouldn't sign. That's the chance you take. Offer him pay as you play, something that suits us both if he recovers fully.

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:42 AM
Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
We offered him one and he wouldn't sign. That's the chance you take. Offer him pay as you play, something that suits us both if he recovers fully.
All joking aside: this is a good point.

Should be kicking £#%&! out of Raiola with his good leg.

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:47 AM
Crumps

Pay as you play job, have him in and around club for his influence and personality. Could do with his self belief rubbing off on some.

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:57 AM
TheFatGoth

We've been a revelation without him.

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:59 AM
believe

It's no wonder he's completely destroyed our team game with that kind of goal scoring bonus. He's probably got deals with Pogba and Lingard to give them a split, which is why they spend so much time looking for him rather that doing the simple things and scoring.

Unread 09-05-2017, 08:59 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cream
Sounds to me like more utter bullshit by Raiola

We should offer him our facilities to rehabilitate himself but no new contract

Why would you offer him a 1 year deal when by the time he is fully recovered the season will nearly be over (that's if he even fully recovers as he's never had a serious injury before)

Need to move on and build the next great Utd side

Unread 09-05-2017, 10:24 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
We've been a revelation without him.
On the cusp of a European Final pal. And no shitter in the league than when he was playing tbph..

Unread 09-05-2017, 10:33 AM
Baron

Pointless in all honesty, he's been fantastic however the style is restrictive when he plays & I'm far more interested in a United side with Rashford, Martial & Mhki in it with Pogba & 2 other midfielders supplemented by attacking full backs than I am a 36 year old coming off the back of a horrible knee injury.

Top quotes though & always be glad he had a season here to prove his quality.

Unread 09-05-2017, 10:36 AM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baron
Pointless in all honesty, he's been fantastic however the style is restrictive when he plays & I'm far more interested in a United side with Rashford, Martial & Mhki in it with Pogba & 2 other midfielders supplemented by attacking full backs than I am a 36 year old coming off the back of a horrible knee injury.

Top quotes though & always be glad he had a season here to prove his quality.
Yep.

Unread 09-05-2017, 10:44 AM
itisme_panaflex

Where's the straight 'no' option?

Thanks for all the goals, but I cba watching his wardrobe impression again next season.
Not when there's martial and rashers to develop. (don't care what they said about 'zlat')

Also his ego schtick has run it's course.
Saw he was saying his knee was so great the doctors wanted to study it.

Ha ha ha. Must be that legendary Nordic humour.

Unread 09-05-2017, 10:50 AM
believe

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
Where's the straight 'no' option?

Thanks for all the goals, but I cba watching his wardrobe impression again next season.
Not when there's martial and rashers to develop. (don't care what they said about 'zlat')

Also his ego schtick has run it's course.
Saw he was saying his knee was so great the doctors wanted to study it.

Ha ha ha. Must be that legendary Nordic humour.
summed up in one post
Closed Thread