United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
View Poll Results: Pick
Through the league 4 8.00%
Through the Europa 44 88.00%
Doesn't matter, we won't be playing cl football next season (the Sparky option) 2 4.00%
Voters: 50. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Unread 19-03-2017, 09:55 PM
saffers

Default If we qualify for the CL, which way would you prefer?

Through the league or europa?

Mourinho's thoughts:

Unread 19-03-2017, 09:56 PM
VodkaAndCoke

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Through the league or europa?

Mourinho's thoughts:

He's right. Ideally, it'll be both.

Unread 19-03-2017, 09:59 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by VodkaAndCoke
He's right. Ideally, it'll be both.
I think it will be both.

Top 4 and 3 trophies would set us up nicely to attack the two big ones next season in true Mourinho style.

I honestly don't think he'll be too ecstatic lifting the europa cup, all about cl qualification....

Unread 19-03-2017, 10:00 PM
dunk

I just really want to win the Europa at this point tbh, then never, ever appear in the competition again

Unread 19-03-2017, 10:00 PM
Pop

Win the Europa League and qualify for the CL at Liverpool's expense.

Unread 19-03-2017, 10:03 PM
atticusgrinch

I'd say Europa but finishing 4th would likely push the dippers or city out of the top 4 so....

Both.

Unread 19-03-2017, 10:04 PM
Vedder

Thumbs up

Europa. Silverware and beating the champions league winners in the super cup would be a great start to next season

Unread 19-03-2017, 10:04 PM
armchair

not sure if true but i heard that if we won the europa but came 6th in the league then whoever finished 4th would lose their cl place.

Unread 19-03-2017, 10:05 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
not sure if true but i heard that if we won the europa but came 6th in the league then whoever finished 4th would lose their cl place.
Nah, only if Leicester win the CL.

Unread 19-03-2017, 10:07 PM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Nah, only if Leicester win the CL.
so there could be 6 english teams in the cl? (if we won the europa and leic won the cl?)

You completely sure about that?

Unread 19-03-2017, 10:07 PM
Bunker Buster

Both.....

But we've a long way and some tough teams still left in the Europa, feel Lyon would do us on the day, just hope that's the final and anything can happen...

Think we'll get top 4 and have done all season....

good times...

Unread 19-03-2017, 10:09 PM
dunk

Quote:
so there could be 6 english teams in the cl? (if we won the europa and leic won the cl?)

You completely sure about that?
No, if Leicester win the CL and United the EL and we don't finish top 4, 4th drops out.

Leicester don't win CL, it'd be top 4 and us.

Unread 19-03-2017, 10:09 PM
armchair

How finishing fourth in Premier League may not guarantee Champions League spot
http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...ns-league-spot

Quote:
The fourth-place team in the Premier League may drop into the Europa League if both Leicester and Manchester United lift silverware in Europe this season.

UEFA rules stipulate that each association can have a maximum of five clubs in the Champions League for the 2017/18 season, meaning if Leicester City win this season's competition and Manchester United win the Europa League, the fourth-place side will have to drop out, provided neither Leicester or Manchester United are not that fourth-place side.

Unread 19-03-2017, 10:12 PM
sa7

Europa League.

A trophy.

The "full set" of European trophies.

Boiled piss because we've slyed into the CL.

What's not to like

Unread 20-03-2017, 12:34 AM
Kaos

Quote:
How finishing fourth in Premier League may not guarantee Champions League spot
http://www.skysports.com/football/ne...ns-league-spot
The bit about us is irrelevant though, what we do doesn't affect the 4th placed team.

The 4 teams in the CL from England will either be the top 4 or the top 3 + Leicester if they win the CL.

If we win the Europa but finish outside the top 4, there'll be 5 teams in regardless.

Unread 20-03-2017, 12:39 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaos
The bit about us is irrelevant though, what we do doesn't affect the 4th placed team.

The 4 teams in the CL from England will either be the top 4 or the top 3 + Leicester if they win the CL.

If we win the Europa but finish outside the top 4, there'll be 5 teams in regardless.
glad to see we're all on the same page on this

Unread 20-03-2017, 12:39 AM
andyroo

Why not both?

Unread 20-03-2017, 12:41 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Why not both?
because the question is "which would you prefer?"

like if i asked you "which would you prefer: an apple or an orange?" would you be "why not both?!"

Unread 20-03-2017, 12:42 AM
andyroo

Quote:
because the question is "which would you prefer?"

like if i asked you "which would you prefer: an apple or an orange?" would you be "why not both?!"
Yes...

But okay. Would prefer the Europa if I could only have one. But we could have both. Or neither.

Unread 20-03-2017, 12:48 AM
armchair

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Yes...

But okay. Would prefer the Europa if I could only have one. But we could have both. Or neither.
an orapple
Closed Thread