United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:34 PM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Ferguson brought Richardson through to International (friendly) standard, he sold him for £5.5m, and he gave him a few kind words to be on his way with. If you've got a problem with that part you're a very bitter man indeed. I'm sure you haven't really btw.
International standard - ha ha ha. I forgot he was the great ''England International''

He was shit for us and I'm alarmed that Fergie only seemed to sell him because of the fans, not his ability.

Quote:
Against Reading he overestimated their ambition (best crossing team in the league last season and gave us one of our toughest home matches) and underestimated Nani's readiness is how I read it now. We still should have won and O'Shea would have probably scored the chance that Scholes fluffed at the end. MOTWYW.
He overestimated their ambition, ok if he did, at half time he would have known this. So, who does he bring on up front? Campbell, an ACTUAL STRIKER? No - he brought on John O'Shea. Obviously must have seen something of him in training that made him think he could play there right?

Quote:
Sorry, it doesn't take a genius to see what things were wrong? IF it was a risk not to start Saha then it worked because we won. No it wasn't emphatic. So what? What's your point? That in your opinion Saha should have started because we nearly didn't win? Great. Thanks for that.
Saha should have started. I mentioned this before, but Fergie said he thought it was heading for a draw. He sounded a relieved man. So yes, it is a risk.

If you run into traffic, but don't get hit, does that mean running into traffic that time wasn't a risk? You understand what a risk is don't you?*

*Turning into a patronising bastard now but you started it

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:46 PM
Tumescent Throb

Richardson's appearances for England were part of his price tag whether he should've played or not, though.

The point is that the risk of not starting Saha was that we might not have won and then you're left wondering what might have been and what that would do for team morale. We won. We were all relieved. The point of saying if it was a risk is that in my opinion it was a calculated risk based on up-coming fixtures and the player's fitness record.

As for the Reading match, we were too negative to the tune of at least one Mikael Silvestre. Did we fail to score because we brought on O'Shea and pushed him up front? No. And you know it, as well.

Unread 17-09-2007, 10:53 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
I certainly don't do don't doing things
Deary me.

The king of pontificating as if he is some kind of tactical genius now comes on here and tries to mock others for the exact same thing.

Unread 18-09-2007, 04:14 AM
sharath

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Any chance you'd take the job if we could £#%&! the useless @#%&! off?
sorry. I have committed my future elsewhere. Please look out for someone else like Hughes and keane.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
Ferguson brought Richardson through to International (friendly) standard, he sold him for £5.5m, and he gave him a few kind words to be on his way with.
Oh dear!!

Unread 18-09-2007, 11:39 AM
Darth Vidic

Quote:
Richardson's appearances for England were part of his price tag whether he should've played or not, though.
You keep ignoring the fact that Fergie didn't sell him for footballing reasons.

Quote:
The point is that the risk of not starting Saha was that we might not have won and then you're left wondering what might have been and what that would do for team morale. We won. We were all relieved. The point of saying if it was a risk is that in my opinion it was a calculated risk based on up-coming fixtures and the player's fitness record.
So it was a risk then. If it was precautionary then fine though. We'll see.

Quote:
As for the Reading match, we were too negative to the tune of at least one Mikael Silvestre. Did we fail to score because we brought on O'Shea and pushed him up front? No. And you know it, as well.
It was a stupid move. If we'd had a striker on the bench (was Campbell there?) then we could have brought him on but he was for some reason obsessed with picking lots of defenders on one bench.

Unread 18-09-2007, 06:34 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Deary me.

The king of pontificating as if he is some kind of tactical genius now comes on here and tries to mock others for the exact same thing.

You're just a dick - and either an idiot or a liar as well, based on what you posted yesterday about Saha

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharath
Oh dear!!
You're arguing against a plain and simple statement of fact for some strange reason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
So it was a risk then. If it was precautionary then fine though. We'll see.
And I've not worked out what your trip is yet. But it seems that if Saha doesn't start in Lisbon you'll explode.

Unread 18-09-2007, 08:48 PM
Darth Vidic

Ha ha, actually I'm not sure I wouldn't mind if he's rested ahead of the Chelsea game.

Or at least hopefully we'll get the job done early so we can bring him off.

Unread 18-09-2007, 08:50 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Vidic
Ha ha, actually I'm not sure I wouldn't mind if he's rested ahead of the Chelsea game.

Or at least hopefully we'll get the job done early so we can bring him off.
to be continued......................

[SIZE="1"];-)

Unread 18-09-2007, 09:27 PM
Darth Vidic

I wanted him to start against Everton because I considered that and now the Chelsea game to be a priority over tomorrow, given our results so far.
Closed Thread