United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-03-2017, 12:28 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps

Was strangely liberating. Kept thinking 'someone will arrest me pretty soon' nope.
Turning point chief?

Unread 23-03-2017, 12:30 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Was Falcao on for Herrera with tens mins to go iirc. The balls on the man
fair play, going 10 v 10 at the end - he'd already tried mass defence to let liverpool back in

Unread 23-03-2017, 12:35 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
fair play, going 10 v 10 at the end - he'd already tried mass defence to let liverpool back in
Natural reaction for a team to drop off a bit when defending a lead at Anfield. Hence the Falcao sub to encourage otherwise.

Different to dropping off when defending a defeat of course.

Unread 23-03-2017, 12:45 PM
Crumps

Thumbs up

Quote:
Turning point chief?
Big time.

Unread 23-03-2017, 01:13 PM
MagnificentSeven

i preferred the 4-2 against city. that result was long, long overdue. we let them take the piss too many times in recent years, and then whoomph!

that (very brief) period saw us play the best football in years. it was a genuinely exciting time because after the moyes debacle and then van gaal's dud of a start it looked like van gaal had finally cracked it. previously dubbbed shit@#%&!s like fellaini, young, valencia and smalling were suddenly key players for us, over van persie, falcao and di maria, and i thought it was brilliant management how he had managed to get the best out of seemingly hopeless players.

then it just came to a stop all of a sudden, and we regressed since. no idea what actually went wrong.

Unread 23-03-2017, 01:37 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Natural reaction for a team to drop off a bit when defending a lead at Anfield. Hence the Falcao sub to encourage otherwise.

Different to dropping off when defending a defeat of course.
tbf he did manage to defend 10 of them as well that season

Unread 23-03-2017, 02:02 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnificentSeven
i preferred the 4-2 against city. that result was long, long overdue. we let them take the piss too many times in recent years, and then whoomph!

that (very brief) period saw us play the best football in years. it was a genuinely exciting time because after the moyes debacle and then van gaal's dud of a start it looked like van gaal had finally cracked it. previously dubbbed shitc***s like fellaini, young, valencia and smalling were suddenly key players for us, over van persie, falcao and di maria, and i thought it was brilliant management how he had managed to get the best out of seemingly hopeless players.

then it just came to a stop all of a sudden, and we regressed since. no idea what actually went wrong.
Teams stopped playing wide open against United like the vermin and city did, and sat deep knowing United would just keep passing it sideways and backwards until they lost it and could be hit on the break. Mourinho showed how to do it first IIRC.

Unread 23-03-2017, 08:15 PM
red in cumbria

Though that was still a typically spawny Chelski win against us.
Closed Thread