United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 23-03-2008, 05:25 PM
Rhodzy

Thumbs up Rio

Majestic is the only word to describe him today.

Unread 23-03-2008, 05:27 PM
wiganste

Thumbs up

It was nice to see Torres come out of his pocket when he was subbed

Unread 23-03-2008, 05:27 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
From those scouse message boards, they think he's overrated. Funny, that's 1 goal for them against United in the last 7 games. Rio himself has scored 2.

Unread 23-03-2008, 05:28 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
From those scouse message boards, they think he's overrated. Funny, that's 1 goal for them against United in the last 7 games. Rio himself has scored 2.
1 in 8. And that was scored by O'Shea

Unread 23-03-2008, 05:30 PM
khmk

should be captain full time too.

Unread 23-03-2008, 06:35 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

He wasn't exactly put under any pressure though was he? 5 man midfield will help with that.

Unread 23-03-2008, 07:00 PM
Pudge_Bear

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
He wasn't exactly put under any pressure though was he? 5 man midfield will help with that.
£#%&! off

Unread 23-03-2008, 09:59 PM
Rhodzy

Anyone remember when he slapped the ref? anyone have a pic/video of it.

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:06 PM
Luffy

to think some people who think they know the game rate Vidic as only defender in the land to rival Terry! Rio is the man and Utd fans know it.

Unread 23-03-2008, 10:54 PM
Smeggs

that tackle wrapping up torres in the box after he'd got away from Wes in the 2nd half was the best bit, followed immedietly by a little trick to get some space and play it away.

very commanding today.

Unread 24-03-2008, 01:35 PM
MJ Ramone

Best centre half in Europe by a £#%&!ing mile.
Along with Rooney he's the player we miss the most when he isn't in the side.

He has to be the next Club Captain. He's absolutely outstanding

Unread 24-03-2008, 01:53 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Nothing new tbh. He has been the best centre back in the world for the last 12 months.

Unread 24-03-2008, 01:55 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
Best centre half in Europe by a £#%&!ing mile.
Along with Rooney he's the player we miss the most when he isn't in the side.

He has to be the next Club Captain. He's absolutely outstanding
Ronaldo as well obviously? Best finisher at the club imo.

Rooney's work rate, guile and all round footballing ability cannot be doubted and I am one of his biggest fans but his finishing is piss poor. He needs to improve it 5 or ten fold. Look at the difference good finishing has made to Ronaldo's game. If we could have two players capable of over 20 goals a season we would be unstoppable. We should have won by 5 or 6 yesterday.

Unread 24-03-2008, 02:02 PM
Vic Mackey

After Ronaldo he has been our most important player this season. I've said it before, our defence isnt the same when Rio isnt there.

Unread 24-03-2008, 02:03 PM
Gizza

Hilariously one of my scouse supporting mates insists Rio's shit, very lucky, and prefers Carra n Agger!!!

Said after that tackle on Torres in the 2nd half to two liverfools thats why Rios the best defender in the world and they both laughed, said it was lucky and didnt know what he was doing.

Unread 24-03-2008, 02:06 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Ronaldo as well obviously? Best finisher at the club imo.

Rooney's work rate, guile and all round footballing ability cannot be doubted and I am one of his biggest fans but his finishing is piss poor. He needs to improve it 5 or ten fold. Look at the difference good finishing has made to Ronaldo's game. If we could have two players capable of over 20 goals a season we would be unstoppable. We should have won by 5 or 6 yesterday.
There are certain games in which we can get away without Ronaldo (Arsenal at home in the Cup for example) .....but because of the positions they both play & because of the affect that they have on the players around them, Rooney & Rio are our 2 most 'important/influantial' players.
I don't think you can argue with that.

Ronaldo had a pretty ineffective game yesterday, but he got his goal.
Rooney's contribution to the game itself was better.

It amazes me it really does, we used to have a 30+ 'goals a season' man on the books - Ruud Van Nistelrooy.
He was bombed out & ever since has become less popular on this forum than Herpes.
I can't believe some of the bile that is directed at that bloke on this forum in recent years....

"We don't need a goal machine as a striker, we don't need to rely on one person for goals..it stagnates us etc.."

But now (predictably) hypocrisy raises it's head because Rooney ISN'T a goal machine & is criticised for it.

Rooney will get 20 or so goals by the end of the season...as well as many assists (2 yesterday) ....but that's still not enough

Unread 24-03-2008, 02:14 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gizza
Hilariously one of my scouse supporting mates insists Rio's shit, very lucky, and prefers Carra n Agger!!!

Said after that tackle on Torres in the 2nd half to two liverfools thats why Rios the best defender in the world and they both laughed, said it was lucky and didnt know what he was doing.
tbh i think any mildly knowledgeable football fan realises the ability ferdinand possesses. However his attitude (not in the last 2 years mind) often over shadows how good he actually is. I think most recognise that he is the outstanding CB in world football it has just taken him 8 or 9 years to add the consistency and concentration to his undoubted ability. His poise and temperament is absolutely top notch. Torres did not get a kick yesterday. You can see Torres' childish approach to the game was that of a man who knows he is up against somebody who is superior to him. He clearly does not fancy himself against Rio. Alan Hansen knows a centre back and when you have got him raving about Rio every week on MOTD (even more so on the eve of a Liverpool defeat against United) you know that Rio is special. My dad made the point yesterday that if David O'Leary is willing to spend 18 million on you at 22 (approx) as a CB then you know you have ability. O'Leary was an outstanding Centre half - bit of a #@&%! head - but a class act all the same. I am thankful for Ferdinand tbh, if we win any trophies this year his performances deserve some kind of recognition.

Unread 24-03-2008, 02:32 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJ Ramone
There are certain games in which we can get away without Ronaldo (Arsenal at home in the Cup for example) .....but because of the positions they both play & because of the affect that they have on the players around them, Rooney & Rio are our 2 most 'important/influantial' players.
I don't think you can argue with that.

Ronaldo had a pretty ineffective game yesterday, but he got his goal.
Rooney's contribution to the game itself was better.

It amazes me it really does, we used to have a 30+ 'goals a season' man on the books - Ruud Van Nistelrooy.
He was bombed out & ever since has become less popular on this forum than Herpes.
I can't believe some of the bile that is directed at that bloke on this forum in recent years....

"We don't need a goal machine as a striker, we don't need to rely on one person for goals..it stagnates us etc.."

But now (predictably) hypocrisy raises it's head because Rooney ISN'T a goal machine & is criticised for it.

Rooney will get 20 or so goals by the end of the season...as well as many assists (2 yesterday) ....but that's still not enough
I think you are missing the point with Ruud. I think Ferguson wants mobile forward players and unfortunatelt Ruud did not fit into that system. I think he has sacrificed a 30 goal a season forward for mobile forwards that all chip in. Ferguson obviously fancies Benzema because he looks like he could do both. He has tremendous balance and finishing ability as well work rate and pace. It was this combination that Ruud lacks. He became lazy and gave up running the channels (something akin to what Berbatov is doing at Spurs right now) and although he was undoubtedly the best finisher at the club since Denis Law you cannot afford to laze around the pitch playing for United - as you know, it just cannot happen. The final nail in Ruud's coffin was that dire performance against the vermin in the cup when he didnt show for the ball or chase down their keeper or CB's when they had the ball. I see your point re the goals thing but i am not critcising Rooney for not scoring 20 plus goals a season but a man with his talent (s) should be able to finish better than he is at the minute. He has little composure in one on one situations which is a worry but im sure he will put that right. Ronaldo couldn't finish to save his life 2 or 3 years ago and now he is an absolute goal machine.

Unread 24-03-2008, 02:35 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
Nothing new tbh. He has been the best centre back in the world for the last 12 months.
No he's not, he rarely puts in last ditch tackles and doesn't look like a beetroot so he isn't.
Also did anyone see Torres petulant kick out at him yesterday, he's clearly adopted the scouse @#%&!ishness.

Unread 24-03-2008, 02:39 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
No he's not, he rarely puts in last ditch tackles and doesn't look like a beetroot so he isn't.
Also did anyone see Torres petulant kick out at him yesterday, he's clearly adopted the scouse @#%&!ishness.
i didnt see that actually but i knew that scouse @#%&! had it in his locker.

Rio is class.
Closed Thread