Closed Thread

Unread 13-01-2007, 02:26 PM
koppas

Default Capello: Beckham will never play for me again

Fair shout. I wouldn't play him either.

Unread 13-01-2007, 02:35 PM
violater

best news today.

the man has become a joke and is being treated as he deserves.

Unread 13-01-2007, 02:39 PM
tatty

Mock and laugh all you want but the truth of it is that Beckham has played for the 2 biggest clubs in Europe and captained England.

His medal haul won't be matched by many and now he's going to top up his bank balance by a £100m or so.

He's a lesson in how to milk every last drop from your career.

Unread 13-01-2007, 02:42 PM
Filliam H. Muffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by tatty
Mock and laugh all you want but the truth of it is that Beckham has played for the 2 biggest clubs in Europe and captained England.

His medal haul won't be matched by many and now he's going to top up his bank balance by a £100m or so.

He's a lesson in how to milk every last drop from your career.
Not to mention his future lucrative acting career after he retires. I see him starting out in a small independent film and then start his slow climb to A-list status when he gets to play Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

Unread 13-01-2007, 02:42 PM
elephantstone

any @#%&! that knocks about with Elton John deserves to be slagged in the press and elsewhere

Unread 13-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Whalefish

If I was Capello I'd be more worried about keeping his own job. I suspect he isn't that arsed though.

Will be gone come the Summer IMO and back to Italy. Nice comfort zone for him.

Unread 13-01-2007, 03:29 PM
armchair

As ever it was all downhill for Becks once he left United.

McClaren's treatment of him was cowardly though - the man's a grade a @#%&!. Smarmy company man.

Unread 13-01-2007, 04:47 PM
captain scarlet

Quote:
Originally Posted by Filliam H. Muffman
Not to mention his future lucrative acting career after he retires. I see him starting out in a small independent film and then start his slow climb to A-list status when he gets to play Peter Parker/Spider-Man.
I am a comic geek and this thought is appalling.

Unread 13-01-2007, 04:49 PM
Filliam H. Muffman

Quote:
Originally Posted by captain scarlet
I am a comic geek and this thought is appalling.

What about a lesser character then ? Mysterio perhaps ?

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:13 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Hats off to capello for not playing him - he obviously had suspicions on how dedicated beckham was all along. McLaren was another one. They all knew what we didnt and gave him the £#%&!ing boot.

Beckham is a complete and utter arse of a man who is driven by an ego that is so large it's amazing his head can fit through the average door.

I hope he follows in the footsteps of Christopher Quentin from corronation street.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:21 PM
Spiffy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
Hats off to capello for not playing him - he obviously had suspicions on how dedicated beckham was all along. McLaren was another one. They all knew what we didnt and gave him the £#%&!ing boot.

Beckham is a complete and utter arse of a man who is driven by an ego that is so large it's amazing his head can fit through the average door.

I hope he follows in the footsteps of Christopher Quentin from corronation street.
You want him to get stabbed to death on the steps of a nightclub? Bit harsh.

I can see Beckham coming on loan for the rest of the season as we're not getting Hargreaves yet by the looks of it and Ronnie will need a rest and we could do with some cover. The American league starts in April and he'll want to be match fit. Beckham needs to perform well in his first few games and I could see him agreeing to play for us for free so he's sharp when he arrives. Another championship medal wouldn't go down badly for him either.

magic_cantona

It's £#%&!ing sad seeing alleged United 'Fans' saying that Beckham's a '@#%&!' and whatever.

Sort yourselves out.He £#%&!ing loved being a United player and has said £#%&! all different since he's left.He's given the Paul Ince treatment by some on here and I think it's out of order.Remember his goals, United attitude and his performances.

£#%&!ing jealous @#%&!s.

Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
As ever it was all downhill for Becks once he left United.

McClaren's treatment of him was cowardly though - the man's a grade a @#%&!. Smarmy company man.
Something I've heard first-hand off two ex-players (who played under him) one of whom likened him to "a slug he was that slimy".

Also heard similar off other ex-players who came into contact with him around the club.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:23 PM
jem

Default becks

will comfort himself with all that lovely money. I'd say real need him more than he needs them right now. still, half a season loan to us would be nice. ok, not really.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:24 PM
S/Side.Red

You would hope Capello would have sought the feelings of the dressing room before making this decision, otherwise it seems a bit risky. Beckham is a popular player in Madrid, both with the players and fans.

It seems like he's trying to break some kind of record for pissing off as many of your players as you posssibly can. I'd say he can now probably count the amount of players who truly like/believe in him on one hand.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:25 PM
redwhiteandblack

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
will comfort himself with all that lovely money. I'd say real need him more than he needs them right now. still, half a season loan to us would be nice. ok, not really.
You had me there for a moment. I was just about to go into rant mode.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:28 PM
violater

i dont want the circus anywhere near ot tbh...

we dont need him to win the league

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:28 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
You would hope Capello would have sought the feelings of the dressing room before making this decision, otherwise it seems a bit risky. Beckham is a popular player in Madrid, both with the players and fans.

It seems like he's trying to break some kind of record for pissing off as many of your players as you posssibly can. I'd say he can now probably count the amount of players who truly like/believe in him on one hand.
Capello needs to make Madrid a serious club again, for a few years it has been a circus, players having the power. if that means getting rid of Raul and co and upsetting a few senior players then it needs to be done.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:31 PM
Flowers of Manchester

Becks was a great player for us up to a point, then engineered his move away to Madrid where it has gone from bad to worse in his football. If you remember also he stated he didnt know who he wanted to win between us and the vermin in his first season at Madrid.

He has taken the easy option to play in the USA but I am sure the money will more than make up it up to him for playing in a shit league.

Clearly his celeb lifestyle is more important to him in the last few years than football so LA and him deserve each other.

As pointed out by Le Tiss he will be more remembered by the general public for his lifestyle rather than his football which is a great shame as he was great player for us for a number of years, then he got a bit do lally in his head.

I for one will remember his great times with us but could have been so much more and would have been a legend.

Unread 13-01-2007, 06:33 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flowers of MAnchester
Becks was a great player for us up to a point, then engineered his move away to Madrid where it has gone from bad to worse in his football. If you remember also he stated he didnt know who he wanted to win between us and the vermin in his first season at Madrid.

He has taken the easy option to play in the USA but I am sure the money will more than make up it up to him for playing in a shit league.

Clearly his celeb lifestyle is more important to him in the last few years than football so LA and him deserve each other.

As pointed out my Le Tiss he will be more remembered by the general public for his lifestyle rather than his football which is a great shame as he was great player for us for a number of years, then he got a bit do lally in his head.

I for one will remember his great times with us but could have been so much more and would have been a legend.

With Ferguson not wanting him in the United first 11 (and rightly so) and also having a hatred of Beckhams life away from United, I'm still struggling to blame his move away from us entirely on Beckham.
Closed Thread