the
Express!
Those @#%&!s will only have Private Eye left to read soon

Unread 27-04-2018, 05:01 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Those @#%&!s will only have Private Eye left to read soon
I can think of worse things than that tbh.

Unread 28-04-2018, 09:27 AM
waynes ear's

Unread 28-04-2018, 02:35 PM
red in cumbria

Never to be forgotten

Unread 30-04-2018, 12:16 PM
Chorlton74

the assistant manager has been potted/walked/put on gardening leave effective immediate.

wonderful timing

Unread 30-04-2018, 12:47 PM
Pop

Also, I wonder if they were waiting for Slippy to commit to Rangers before revealing he'd walked. I'm sure there would have been quite a clamour for Kloop to hand him the vacancy.

Unread 30-04-2018, 12:53 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorlton74
the assistant manager has been potted/walked/put on gardening leave effective immediate.

wonderful timing
Is that the Kloppleganger? Kiddy fiddler, nqat.

Unread 30-04-2018, 03:45 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pop
Also, I wonder if they were waiting for Slippy to commit to Rangers before revealing he'd walked. I'm sure there would have been quite a clamour for Kloop to hand him the vacancy
But.........but Liverpool fans are THE MOST KNOWLEDGEABLE IN THE WORLD!! No way would they fall for transparent nonsense like that

Unread 01-05-2018, 07:56 AM
Pop

Unread 01-05-2018, 08:02 AM
Jethro

1/25

If you're a scouse @#%&! with a modicum of talent then you're quids in. Their moronic fanbase lap this shit up

Unread 01-05-2018, 11:24 AM
utd99

It’s their equivalent of a cup win. They know deep down that within two or three years all three will have gone the way of Sturridge, Sterling and Suarez. Must kill them.

Unread 01-05-2018, 02:23 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
It’s their equivalent of a cup win. They know deep down that within two or three years all three will have gone the way of Sturridge, Sterling and Suarez. Must kill them.
Wouldn’t be surprised if it was this summer. Bit of second season syndrome could wipe £50-£100 Mil off his value. They’re never gonna ever able to match the proper big boys wages are they? Or do they? Christ knows how much they pay em.

Unread 01-05-2018, 02:27 PM
Switching Off

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Wouldn’t be surprised if it was this summer. Bit of second season syndrome could wipe £50-£100 Mil off his value. They’re never gonna ever able to match the proper big boys wages are they? Or do they? Christ knows how much they pay em.
£180k a week to Firmino apparently. They didn't report it though because they don't want to be seen to be competing.

Unread 01-05-2018, 02:33 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
£180k a week to Firmino apparently. They didn't report it though because they don't want to be seen to be competing.
Someone waves £350k a week infront of him he’ll be leaving Liverpool that quickly they’ll name an airport after him.

Unread 01-05-2018, 02:34 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crumps
Someone waves £350k a week infront of him he’ll be leaving Liverpool that quickly they’ll name an airport after him.
Not sure Atletico could afford that tbh.

Unread 01-05-2018, 02:36 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragflick
Not sure Atletico could afford that tbh.
Thought all the talk was about Real?

Unread 07-05-2018, 05:46 PM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
When I was able to get ahold of some tickets to the Chelsea/Liverpool game from a gracious Chelsea member and friend, I was truly delighted. They’d be a birthday present for my Liverpool fan of a husband.

I’m American and I’ve been here for two years… I wasn’t ready and my delight was so very naive.

I began to tell people at work what I’d be doing at the weekend, like you do, when I started getting all the scariest advice. “Sit on your hands and don’t you dare let on that you like Liverpool!”. You see, our seats were in the lower shed, not that I had any clue what that meant. I came to understand that in this sport, fans are kept away from each other. It’s a completely foreign concept to me as the mix of the crowd at any number of American sports I’ve attended has always been a nice aspect. A chance to find other fans when something good happens and high-five. Sure, you might give a sympathetic smile to a fan of the other team, but call them a “@#%&!” or a, “murderer”… not so much.

I almost skipped the game altogether after hearing the horror stories from my colleagues but I also didn’t want my husband to see his wife skip out for fear… of a sporting event? Of entertainment? Of a source of joy and escape from the other boring platitudes of daily life? Surely, it couldn’t be all that bad.

To be fair, it was just as I was told. I pinched my husband’s leg when Liverpool did something great but nothing beyond that. I clapped with vigor when Chelsea scored and tried my very best not to show signs of disgust on my face when the father clasping his three year old next to me screamed a slew of profanities at a 19 year old player.

It didn’t take long to realize that these, “fans” spent about 80% of the game slagging off (and I mean CRAZILY slagging off) the other team and when they finally remembered why they were there, they would muster a song far less creative than the insulting ones. “Chelsea, Chelsea, Chelseaaa, Chelsea.”

As we left the game unscathed a man screamed, “murderers!” one last time right into my ear. I asked loudly if that was necessary with the hope that maybe he’d have a moment of reflection and instead I was told, “if you don’t like anger, don’t come to the football”.

If that’s your bag, football fans, then I’m bagging this sport. It’s a shame as it seemed like fun… on TV anyway.

Unread 07-05-2018, 05:50 PM
Switching Off

Slag.
Closed Thread