United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-07-2009, 04:15 AM
khmk

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
tevez is a part of our history and was a brilliant player for us.

he captured the hearts of a lot of fans and ill never forget him or what he did for us.

pete schimeichal played for city.

if the club had wanted him he would still be here.

if I'm at ot when he comes ill cheer him on and so will most of the match going support but the internet reds can call him malicious names and insult him saying owen is a better a player

you boring tedious little boy

Unread 14-07-2009, 09:23 AM
Barracuda

Something tells me Hughes hasn't actually seen Tevez play ...

"Carlos is an international player of the highest class who possesses all the attributes that will help drive this club forward.

"He is not only outstanding technically but he is a reliable goalscorer and someone who will contribute fully to the team ethic. He gives us another exciting attacking dimension.

That's not a description of the player I've been watching?

Unread 14-07-2009, 09:29 AM
wiganste

He had the Gabriel Heinze effect on most people I think.

1st season, he was loved because of the way he fought for the shirt, scored crucial goals (I know Heinze didn't) and looked like he cared, loved the team/fans and that love was dealt back to him in spades.

The 2nd season showed us all that he really isn't that good and for all the hustle & bustle and making tackles with his head, he isn't worth the money & wages he was demanding. So you start to see through the blind loyalty of supporting him and see him as an ordinary player with a big heart - just like Heinze and a player who cares more about money than anything else it seems - just like Heinze and someone who wanted to/or joined a rival - just like Heinze.

Carlitos - thanks for the memories of the first season. You were, in large parts, utter shite last season. I'll miss the fight & spirit you gave but little else you freakoid.

Unread 14-07-2009, 09:33 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste

1st season, he was loved because of the way he fought for the shirt, scored crucial goals (I know Heinze didn't) and looked like he cared, loved the team/fans and that love was dealt back to him in spades.

The 2nd season showed us all that he really isn't that good and for all the hustle & bustle and making tackles with his head, he isn't worth the money & wages he was demanding. So you start to see through the blind loyalty of supporting him and see him as an ordinary player with a big heart - just like Heinze and a player who cares more about money than anything else it seems - just like Heinze and someone who wanted to/or joined a rival - just like Heinze.

Carlitos - thanks for the memories of the first season. You were, in large parts, utter shite last season. I'll miss the fight & spirit you gave but little else you freakoid.
Interesting comparison with Heinze, can see where you're coming from but I'd say Tevez was in a different class to him as a footballer.

Unread 14-07-2009, 09:35 AM
redmike

Quote:

Good post and spot on with the heinze comparisons, we shower these £#%&!ers with hero status too quickly these days, and it comes back to bite us on the ringpiece.

Unread 14-07-2009, 09:38 AM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlosartorial
Interesting comparison with Heinze, can see where you're coming from but I'd say Tevez was in a different class to him as a footballer.
I know they're different players and obviously played in different positions etc but the similarities are there (imo)

Both showed tremendous heart & courage in their first seasons and when things didn't go as planned for them the following season (in Heinze's case, his 3rd because his 2nd was ruined by injury) they spat the dummy out and were prepared to move to :-
Heinze - skaus, Tevez - City.
rather than fight for their places and show they are better than the player Fergie is picking in front of them.

Unread 14-07-2009, 09:42 AM
marlo

'we offered tevez a deal before the inter game'
'there will be no more signings'

love the way fergies word is taken as gospel for one and him 'playing games with the media' for the other.

brilliant.

Unread 14-07-2009, 09:44 AM
Withers

Quote:
'we offered tevez a deal before the inter game'
'there will be no more signings'

love the way fergies word is taken as gospel for one and him 'playing games with the media' for the other.

brilliant.
Is this going to be the longest arse seeing in the history of the internet?

Unread 14-07-2009, 09:44 AM
carlosartorial

Quote:
I know they're different players and obviously played in different positions etc but the similarities are there (imo)

Both showed tremendous heart & courage in their first seasons and when things didn't go as planned for them the following season (in Heinze's case, his 3rd because his 2nd was ruined by injury) they spat the dummy out and were prepared to move to :-
Heinze - skaus, Tevez - City.
rather than fight for their places and show they are better than the player Fergie is picking in front of them.
No, I agree with all of that.

I was nothing but relieved when Heinze went, absolutely dogshit player...'the whistling assassin'.

Unread 14-07-2009, 09:49 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Withers
Is this going to be the longest arse seeing in the history of the internet?
ive not seen my arse, im just dissapointed in the inept people we have running the club.

from top to bottom.

id love to know how that £80m has been reinvested in the squad. or maybe we are saving it until the 'player we want becomes available'

Unread 14-07-2009, 09:55 AM
wiganste

Quote:
ive not seen my arse, im just dissapointed in the inept people we have running the club.

from top to bottom.

id love to know how that £80m has been reinvested in the squad. or maybe we are saving it until the 'player we want becomes available'
Inept people running the club?

Tell me what we have won since Sir Alex Ferguson took over.

Unread 14-07-2009, 10:01 AM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Inept people running the club?

Tell me what we have won since Sir Alex Ferguson took over.
What amazes me with this 'inept people running the club' stuff is look at what we've won and how well we've done the last 3 seasons! I could understand it if we had been shit for 3 years and had an ageing squad etc. But come on, look at the last 3 years, and it's only July the 14th! Over a month till deadline day, United could easily sign 2 good players and make people look silly.

Unread 14-07-2009, 10:07 AM
marlo

should giggs and scholes start at lw and cm respectively because of how well they have played in the past???

Unread 14-07-2009, 10:09 AM
Withers

Quote:

from top to bottom.

Can a mod file this under "The internet definition of seeing your arse" please.

Unread 14-07-2009, 10:09 AM
wiganste

Quote:
should giggs and scholes start at lw and cm respectively because of how well they have played in the past???
Who's saying they should?

Giggs was very good in CM last season. Scholes looked off the pace for the most part but he still has something to offer.

Just because a player reaches 32/33/34, it doesn't automatically mean they can't play football anymore.

FWIW, I doubt we'll see much of Scholes this coming season. I still think Giggs has a lot to offer.

So, what has Sir Alex won since he took over in 1986?

Unread 14-07-2009, 10:13 AM
marlo

if fergie always relied on his past achievements he wouldne be where he is today.

one thing is for sure, the squad has gone backwards in one season despite getting £85m in sales proceeds and saving £25m ear marked for a striker we didn't end up buying.

our squad is weaker and only boasts one genuine world class attacking talent.

Unread 14-07-2009, 10:16 AM
berba

Quote:
if fergie always relied on his past achievements he wouldne be where he is today.

one thing is for sure, the squad has gone backwards in one season despite getting £85m in sales proceeds and saving £25m ear marked for a striker we didn't end up buying.

you forgot rooney.

Unread 14-07-2009, 10:18 AM
Withers

Quote:

It is impossible for a squad to never go backwards. It has happened before, 1995, 1998, 2001-2002. The thing is he has always got it back to the top in a couple of years at the most.

Chelsea went backwards 3 years ago and aren't back to the top yet and Arsenal went backwards 5 years ago and still aren't back to the top yet.

Liverpool still aren't there 19 years later.

Unread 14-07-2009, 10:22 AM
carlosartorial

Sometimes you just have to lump it.

We lost Ronaldo because he wanted to go and despite bidding for Benzema he didn't want to come....it'll be his loss in the end.

Personally I'm not so fussed because I'm not convinced he was all that anyway. Not like when we signed Ruud and you knew what was arriving.

Look at it like the Ronaldinho summer...it's disappointing but we'll move on.

We normally get our man and that will remain the case I'd expect.

Unread 14-07-2009, 10:24 AM
ReligiousRed

Quote:

If he didnt have any past achievements, he wouldnt be where he is today

squad got weaker in one season ...having only reached the champions league final, not winning it

This season yeah we are looking less powerful admitedly but £#%&!in ell Marls, ya sound a bit city like with all this doom and gloom talk mate
Closed Thread