United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:13 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by getherbucked
Always been one footed meself and its pissed me off and no matter how hard i've tried i can't break the habit of using my right hand side. Joking aside, junior will have two feet to use and not just a pegleg which is what my left foot is effectively :/

What are your agent fees?
im sure we can come to some arrangement

if not, then just a signed shirt from the worlds greatest player will be nice

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:16 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
no

it was at OT .....i guess its no coincidence that those 3 countries have won the most World Cups and provide the game with the most exciting players
12 of the 18 World Cups. There has to be something at play there.

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:19 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I tend to think it's too late by the time they're pros. Not that extra training wouldn't help, though.

Most two-footed players I know got that way when they were still learning the game. It definitely should be a big part of all youth academies.

United do do it from a young age.

However, it is not to the extent to a team like Ajax.

I played in a tournament against them in Holland (funnily enough ) once and one minute a player was on the right wing the next he was on the left winger. He was almost forced into making sure he improved his weaker foot.

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:21 PM
Brenner

Quote:
Originally Posted by getherbucked
Didnt Bestie do the same re: the tennis ball ? I remember reading he used his left foot exclusively with a tennis ball for about a week as a child and that sorted him right out.
Think that's where he got the idea from mate

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:24 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carrick
United do do it from a young age.

However, it is not to the extent to a team like Ajax.

I played in a tournament against them in Holland (funnily enough ) once and one minute a player was on the right wing the next he was on the left winger. He was almost forced into making sure he improved his weaker foot.
Ajax's technical traning is top flight. Even Van der Sar is completely two-footed.

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:29 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Ajax's technical traning is top flight. Even Van der Sar is completely two-footed.
Yep, great example.

Van der Vaart too.

They produce some outstanding all round players.

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:52 PM
wonky no

Quote:
I practised 12 hours a day, training both feet so thoroughly that I no longer know which one is better.

At Sparta Prague, I would retake the field after the match and train until the floodlights were extinguished."

--Pavel Nedved
absolute god
Closed Thread