United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2007, 07:26 PM
Grimson

Default "I went to a football school 60 miles from where I lived...

I practised 12 hours a day, training both feet so thoroughly that I no longer know which one is better.

At Sparta Prague, I would retake the field after the match and train until the floodlights were extinguished."

--Pavel Nedved

Unread 04-05-2007, 07:39 PM
Grimson

[YOUTUBE]Tt17_9CleXY[/YOUTUBE]

Unread 04-05-2007, 07:56 PM
Sloppy

Would loved to have seen him in the shirt.A worldclass player.

Unread 04-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Whip Hubley

Thumbs up

genius. and patrick swayze did an excellent impression of him in point break

Unread 04-05-2007, 08:25 PM
M46Red

What a player and hair to match.

Unread 04-05-2007, 08:29 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I practised 12 hours a day, training both feet so thoroughly that I no longer know which one is better.

At Sparta Prague, I would retake the field after the match and train until the floodlights were extinguished."

--Pavel Nedved
this is EXACTLY the thing ive been banging on about for fukn yeeeeeeears !!

think how good players like Giggs would be if he could do more than just stand on his right leg.

if the whole squad just did 20 minutes a day working on their "other" foot the % increase in their performance would make us unbeatable

Unread 04-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
this is EXACTLY the thing ive been banging on about for fukn yeeeeeeears !!

think how good players like Giggs would be if he could do more than just stand on his right leg.

if the whole squad just did 20 minutes a day working on their "other" foot the % increase in their performance would make us unbeatable
I tend to think it's too late by the time they're pros. Not that extra training wouldn't help, though.

Most two-footed players I know got that way when they were still learning the game. It definitely should be a big part of all youth academies.

Unread 04-05-2007, 08:58 PM
getherbucked

its not a surprise when you learn that some of the top world class players of the world put in much more effort than others...Granted you have to be a gifted player but from that stage hard work and practice is the route to being world class...Nedved..Scholes..Ronaldo etc...

Somehow i don't see Richardson joining this group just yet

Unread 04-05-2007, 09:06 PM
Harfynn Teuport

Quote:
Originally Posted by getherbucked
its not a surprise when you learn that some of the top world class players of the world put in much more effort than others...Granted you have to be a gifted player but from that stage hard work and practice is the route to being world class...Nedved..Scholes..Ronaldo etc...

Somehow i don't see Richardson joining this group just yet
Spot on. Maradona worked harder than anybody and if mere talent wasn't enough for him, well...

Unread 04-05-2007, 09:53 PM
programmes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harfynn Teuport
Spot on. Maradona worked harder than anybody and if mere talent wasn't enough for him, well...
Hard work will always beat talent if talent doesn't work hard.

Cribbed from someone on here.

Unread 04-05-2007, 09:58 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
I tend to think it's too late by the time they're pros. Not that extra training wouldn't help, though.

Most two-footed players I know got that way when they were still learning the game. It definitely should be a big part of all youth academies.
i agree it needs to be done as soon as they can walk....but when the difference between success and failure is so small at the very top....even a 2% swing in your favour could make the difference

at a game i once purposefully watched each and every player to see how they received, trapped, played and passed the ball....and each and every one of them moved their body into a position to play it with their strong foot....even if it meant an awkward maneuver....

in some instances if they had played the play with their other foot, they could have released a player quicker or had less difficulty in fending off an opponent.......at times they looked most uncomfortable on the ball

as a coach I have encouraged players to use both left and right …and it has paid dividends.

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:01 PM
getherbucked

Quote:
i agree it needs to be done as soon as they can walk....but when the difference between success and failure is so small at the very top....even a 2% swing in your favour could make the difference

at a game i once purposefully watched each and every player to see how they received, trapped, played and passed the ball....and each and every one of them moved their body into a position to play it with their strong foot....even if it meant an awkward maneuver....

in some instances if they had played the play with their other foot, they could have released a player quicker or had less difficulty in fending off an opponent.......at times they looked most uncomfortable on the ball

as a coach I have encouraged players to use both left and right …and it has paid dividends.
Ill remember to keep this in mind once getherbucked Jr. is started on his training regime.

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:04 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
Originally Posted by getherbucked
Ill remember to keep this in mind once getherbucked Jr. is started on his training regime.
joking apart......it will serve him well.....and if he needs an agent

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:06 PM
Brenner

My dad taught me to use my left peg from an early age

I used to practice with a tennis ball as my dad said if I could master a tennis ball, playing with a footy would be a doddle

It paid huge dividends for me being able to use both feet when i played

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:07 PM
Grimson

Quote:

I'm guessing you weren't in Brazil, Argentina, or Italy.

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:07 PM
getherbucked

Always been one footed meself and its pissed me off and no matter how hard i've tried i can't break the habit of using my right hand side. Joking aside, junior will have two feet to use and not just a pegleg which is what my left foot is effectively :/

What are your agent fees?

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:09 PM
denis lawless

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner

I used to practice with a tennis ball as my dad said if I could master a tennis ball, playing with a footy would be a doddle

good training.....similar to runners training with a ruck sack full of weights

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:11 PM
Sloppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brenner

Ever see maradona doing them kick ups with a golf ball?awesome

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:11 PM
denis lawless

Quote:
I'm guessing you weren't in Brazil, Argentina, or Italy.
no

it was at OT .....i guess its no coincidence that those 3 countries have won the most World Cups and provide the game with the most exciting players

Unread 04-05-2007, 10:13 PM
getherbucked

Didnt Bestie do the same re: the tennis ball ? I remember reading he used his left foot exclusively with a tennis ball for about a week as a child and that sorted him right out.
Closed Thread