United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 25-04-2013, 11:21 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis 10
A team of ageing, many times proven with nothing left to achieve players? Of a club controlled solely by it's owners?

Yes, yes i did.

And the comparison is where? You think Guardiola wasn't behind the signing of Gotze? Lewandowski? (again, if true)

They won the champions league twice in 3 years whilst hoovering up world stars.

Unread 25-04-2013, 11:25 PM
Dennis 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
They won the champions league twice in 3 years whilst hoovering up world stars.
And quickly went downhill, Bayern seem to be assembling a squad which could dominate for years.

They were already unlucky losers last year, are my bet to win it this year. And with the touted signings they're making i wouldn't bet against them winning it for a fair few more years.

Madrid built a team for the moment, Bayern are building a team to completely dominate world football for years it seems. To me, anyway.

Unread 25-04-2013, 11:26 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
They bought Luca Modric for £30m.
That's potentially half the price

He'd just played very well for Croatia at the Euros, including against Spain, and Mourinho wanted him specifically. Bale will be up to £30m more, is less known in Spain and the new coach might not be as keen. Dunno if Bale would be 'Galactico' enough for Perez for £50-60m.

Unread 25-04-2013, 11:27 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
And quickly went downhill, Bayern seem to be assembling a squad which could dominate for years.

They were already unlucky losers last year, are my bet to win it this year. And with the touted signings they're making i wouldn't bet against them winning it for a fair few more years.

Madrid built a team for the moment, Bayern are building a team to completely dominate world football for years it seems. To me, anyway.
I doubt it. Football doesn't work like that anymore. Even Barcelona, as all conquering and invincible as they were for about 2-3 years, find it hard to dominate utterly.

Unread 25-04-2013, 11:33 PM
Dennis 10

Quote:
I doubt it. Football doesn't work like that anymore. Even Barcelona, as all conquering and invincible as they were for about 2-3 years, find it hard to dominate utterly.
They lacked physical strength and durability for me, as was proven on their rare defeats over the past few years.

Back to the original point Guardiola has been sitting on his arse for the past year watching every bit of football he can in preparation for his next job, anybody who's seen that amount of football would undoubtedly have seen that Bale is the outstanding emerging player ready for the next step.

He'll go Bayern, you heard it here first.

Unread 25-04-2013, 11:47 PM
rafabio

£#%&! off dennis

Unread 25-04-2013, 11:51 PM
Dennis 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
£#%&! off dennis
You £#%&! off.

Unread 25-04-2013, 11:52 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
£#%&! off dennis
Quote:
You £#%&! off.

Unread 25-04-2013, 11:56 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:

Unread 26-04-2013, 12:00 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
You £#%&! off.
love big denners

Unread 26-04-2013, 08:03 AM
92ToBury

Bale to Madrid and Ronaldo to United.

Biggest three clubs each have one of the best three attacking midfielders. Sense and sensibility.

Unread 26-04-2013, 08:08 AM
Stickman

The original post.

Easy as that, all four players will

A) want to go to Spurs

B) agree terms

A shit wum attempt

Unread 26-04-2013, 08:11 AM
den

He was one of the first to congratulate utd on twitter so he must be on his way..

Unread 26-04-2013, 08:13 AM
TripDownMiseryLane

i don't watch spurts so have no idea how good he is. was he this £#%&!tastic last season? people talking ronnie type money for him, serious comparison, how does he match up?

Unread 26-04-2013, 09:37 AM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
i don't watch spurts so have no idea how good he is. was he this £#%&!tastic last season? people talking ronnie type money for him, serious comparison, how does he match up?
poor man's version

he can score goals, dribble at pace, takes a decent FK and is quick

but he can't take the hits nearly as well, isn't as powerful, is no threat in the air by comparison, is far less consistent and isn't nearly as versatile.

Unread 26-04-2013, 09:38 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
poor man's version

but he can't take the hits nearly as well, isn't as powerful, is no threat in the air by comparison, is far less consistent and isn't nearly as versatile.
And he's a hamstring injury away from mediocrity.

Unread 26-04-2013, 09:44 AM
Harri Jaffa

He's a fantastic player

Similar attributes as Ronnie, but not quite as amazing.

Would be fantastic for us imho

Unread 26-04-2013, 09:48 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
poor man's version

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harri Jaffa
He's a fantastic player

Similar attributes as Ronnie, but not quite as amazing.

Would be fantastic for us imho
Throbs right.

He's nothing like Ronnie.

He's too lightweight for a start...he's no threat in the air whatsoever.

The prices quoted and what spurs will want
His free kicks are inconsistent and he's a giggs hammy away from mid table uefa cup king.

Unread 26-04-2013, 09:54 AM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripDownMiseryLane
[SIZE="7"]TOP REEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Unread 26-04-2013, 09:58 AM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Like Ronaldo

The only comparisons are that he all of a sudden hits the ball like him.

He's a very very good player, but nowhere near the standard of Ronaldo during his days at United and at Madrid. Still to be convinced he's worth the money Spurs are asking for.
Closed Thread