United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:23 PM
dunk

Default Gossip from the papers...

Apologies if this has been done, I've not been up long

Quote:
Manchester United could beat Liverpool and Everton to the signing of Stoke centre-back Ryan Shawcross.
Full story: Daily Mail

The injury crisis that has left United with five unfit defenders could force manager Sir Alex Ferguson to dip into the transfer market.
Full story: The Times
The same Ryan Shawcross we practically gave away? and even with 5 unfit defenders, we have better in the youth set up available for first team action than 75% of the PL have, hardly a crisis

Quote:
Burnley will look to tie up a deal for Manchester United right-back Richard Eckersley before the two sides meet on Wednesday.
Full story: Daily Mirror
What. The. £#%&!. That has to be the worst journalism in the history of the 'art'

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Aloe Blacc

I demand we sign Rafael Van Der Vaart.

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:33 PM
Switching Off

Paper talk because Liverpool were linked with him. We got first refusal when we sold him. Enough to make a story it seems.

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:34 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
:£#%&!er:

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:34 PM
BryanRobson'sLiver

Quote:
I agree. And Wesley Schnieder.

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:35 PM
Whalefish

Vidic, Rafael and Brown are all back in training. Think there's enough cover anyway.

It'd be a bit daft to sign a defender when the squad needs a bit of magic linking the midfield and attack. Preferably someone who could score some goals too.

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Tumescent Throb

think the eckersley bit is a fair enough guess isn't it? easy to imagine Gill and the Burnley's Gill chatting over whippet dumplings at half time on Wednesday to try and sort it

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:36 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
:£#%&!er:
Tbh for the 7million euros he's going for I think it'd be worth the risk. An eye for a pass and can score too.

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:37 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tumescent Throb
think the eckersley bit is a fair enough guess isn't it? easy to imagine Gill and the Burnley's Gill chatting over whippet dumplings at half time on Wednesday to try and sort it
He signed for them weeks ago.

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:38 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
Tbh for the 7million euros he's going for I think it'd be worth the risk. An eye for a pass and can score too.
He wants to go back to Germany, his missus has breast cancer, apparently.

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:39 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Quote:
He signed for them weeks ago.
...and he was on the bench Saturday

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:40 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
If that's the case I hope he enjoys his second spell at Hamburg.

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:41 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
If that's the case I hope he enjoys his second spell at Hamburg.
I wouldn't be against us signing him if the truth be told. He has been offered the chance to stay in Madrid but wants out. Sad for his missus.

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:42 PM
Aloe Blacc

Quote:
Hey #@&%!face

He already rejected Ajax in Holland some other medium club in Germany

he wants to go to a top club

Van Der Vaart would be the steal of the summer for 7m euros. I would be just as happy as signing him for that money as signing Silva for £25m.

And there isnt a great deal between them as players either, VDV is a couple of years older. But he has a much better eye for goal.

Honestly, I think we would win the league easily if we got him. He's a 15 goals/15 assists kind of midfielder. And he would be super hungry to succeed after being treated like shit at Madrid.

I prefer him to Sneijder so easily, im not saying Sneijder is terrible, hes clearly a decent player but one of the most overrated in Europe. He has always been inferior to VDV. Truth, still.

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:46 PM
dunk

Quote:
Hey #@&%!face

He already rejected Ajax in Holland some other medium club in Germany

he wants to go to a top club

Van Der Vaart would be the steal of the summer for 7m euros. I would be just as happy as signing him for that money as signing Silva for £25m.

And there isnt a great deal between them as players either, VDV is a couple of years older. But he has a much better eye for goal.

Honestly, I think we would win the league easily if we got him. He's a 15 goals/15 assists kind of midfielder. And he would be super hungry to succeed after being treated like shit at Madrid.

I prefer him to Sneijder so easily, im not saying Sneijder is terrible, hes clearly a decent player but one of the most overrated in Europe. He has always been inferior to VDV. Truth, still.
Oi, £#%&!nut, as I said, I wouldn't be unhappy if we signed him. Not going to happen though. And he has said he 'wants' to go back to Germany. Bayern being his first choice. I'm sure he will sign for any serious title challenging club in the CL that comes in for him, but his preference is Germany.

What a £#%&!ing cretin you are, can you not £#%&! off and pollute someone else's football club and not mine.

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:47 PM
Aloe Blacc

i apologise for insulting you, dunk.

no hard feelings

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:49 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
i apologise for insulting you, dunk.

no hard feelings

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:52 PM
Lok

Where would VDV play? Would you start him in front of Nani/Valencia?

He's not going to want to come and sit on the bench, he can do that at Madrid.

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:53 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

Fair play to Aloe Blacc imo.

Unread 17-08-2009, 01:56 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzzy Dunlop
Fair play to Aloe Blacc imo.
Stopped short of showing his arse.

Takes a big man to do that.
Closed Thread