United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 11-04-2018, 10:28 AM
AK14

Tbf Sevilla wasn’t in the league...

One step at a time, get back to challenging for a league title and then we take on Europe.

Unread 11-04-2018, 10:56 AM
Lazlo Panaflex

been an amazing season nqat.
already looking forward to the dvd

Not

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:10 AM
Ethers

Most promising thing for me is Mou seems to have accepted after the Tottenham disaster that his stifling approach in the big games just wasn’t working, and he’s loosened the reins a little.

Since then we’ve beaten Chelsea, Liverpool and City. Scoring 7 goals in the process. We scored 1 in the 3 games against the same sides at the start of the season

Definite progress.

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:13 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Most promising thing for me is Mou seems to have accepted after the Tottenham disaster that his stifling approach in the big games just wasn’t working, and he’s loosened the reins a little.

Since then we’ve beaten Chelsea, Liverpool and City. Scoring 7 goals in the process. We scored 1 in the 3 games against the same sides at the start of the season

Definite progress.
Spot on.

3 away at arsenal too, does that even count?

Can see us battering them at OT in a couple of weeks.

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:13 AM
General Woundwort

This is like celebrating Ed Sheeran releasing a new album that is less shit than the previous ones.

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:14 AM
saffers

Quote:

Definite progress.
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
This is like celebrating Ed Sheeran releasing a new album that is less shit than the previous ones.
Two mourinho critics.

Only one hates the club. Easy to see.

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:16 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Both Sevilla games were after Spurs

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Two mourinho critics.

Only one hates the club. Easy to see.
Wind it in you odd little virgin

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:26 AM
saffers

Quote:

Says the guy talking about Ed Sheeran.

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:28 AM
Ethers

Quote:
Both Sevilla games were after Spurs

Sevilla game was a 2 leg knockout tie? And I’d also argue Sevilla aren’t a big side.

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:29 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
Says the guy talking about Ed Sheeran.

Doesn't even make sense

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:30 AM
Tiberian

Saffers, do you think it essential that Mou wins the Fa Cup to build momentum heading into next season? More important than finishing on a certain points total. Win that Spurs game and you will have players focusing on being available for the final.

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:32 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Sevilla game was a 2 leg knockout tie? And I’d also argue Sevilla aren’t a big side.
You didn't say big sides, you said big games. And he set up like a typical Mourinho side in both games. And we went out, convincingly beaten by a shit team. He tried the same tactics against City at the weekend until his hand was forced and reverted to shit on a stick in the second half v the dippers.

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:35 AM
Baron

There's a post I wrote about exactly how Mourinho's time would go at United, including the fallout it would produce in the fanbase.

Aside from a second season league win I think it's basically spot on. Might have to try some fancy dan searching to dig it up.

He's a necessary evil & we are improving, but I don't much fancy watching years & years of his football. Regardless of whether it is better than the previous season, winning simply isn't everything.

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:38 AM
Ethers

Quote:
You didn't say big sides, you said big games. And he set up like a typical Mourinho side in both games. And we went out, convincingly beaten by a shit team. He tried the same tactics against City at the weekend until his hand was forced and reverted to shit on a stick in the second half v the dippers.
Yeah ok, whatever

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:41 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Saffers, do you think it essential that Mou wins the Fa Cup to build momentum heading into next season? More important than finishing on a certain points total. Win that Spurs game and you will have players focusing on being available for the final.
Yes. I think second place and 80+ pts is highly likely secured anyway.

We've got Bournemouth away 3 days before the cup semi. Play a shadow side against the cherries. We should be able to beat them anyway.

If we end up losing to spurs but end up on 89 pts and second place trophyless it is disappointing. Trophies matter. We need to keep the momentum going. Win the FA Cup and it's 4 trophies in 2 seasons, back to back CL football.

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:45 AM
marlo

things haven't been perfect, but in two seasons we've gone from being the top 4 hopefuls to the 2nd best team in the league, we don't lose much at home which is a Mourinho sides signature. (2 in the last 2 years).

this is the progress needed.... we are now in a strong position going into the next season while most likely wining the fa cup.

so thats fa cup, europa league and league cup in two seasons and we are the only team in the league to beat every single side in the league this season.

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:47 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
things haven't been perfect, but in two seasons we've gone from being the top 4 hopefuls to the 2nd best team in the league, we don't lose much at home which is a Mourinho sides signature. (2 in the last 2 years).

this is the progress needed.... we are now in a strong position going into the next season while most likely wining the fa cup.

so thats fa cup, europa league and league cup in two seasons and we are the only team in the league to beat every single side in the league this season.
Great post.

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:52 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo

Exactly. Plenty I haven't enjoyed during the mourinho reign so far but it is a process and remembering where we were before he came makes the bad stuff easier to digest. But I do believe we will be rewarded in the next season or two. More shit@#%&!s need to be binned in the summer.

New contracts for De gea and martial key to the next few years.

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:53 AM
dunk

Loving this assumption that we're winning the FA Cup btw It's North Korea-esque

Unread 11-04-2018, 11:55 AM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Loving this assumption that we're winning the FA Cup btw It's North Korea-esque
why would we not be hopeful.

we've beat Chelsea, Liverpool and city in the last month. why can't we be hopeful to beat spurs and then Chelsea again.

its not an unrealistic expectation.

or maybe we should be cool like you and slag off all things united while offering up little or no viable and distinctly better alternative
Closed Thread