United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 01-04-2018, 01:19 AM
Mr_Ed

Default 7th April at City

Next weekend is going to be £#%&!ing awful...

Anyone going to watch? It’d be nice to piss on their chips and delay the inevitable and if the tea have any pride we’ll give them a game.

Unread 01-04-2018, 01:46 AM
Stickman

Our support needs to be on form for that one.

Get the feeling we’ll play for 0-0 and £#%&! it. Which is worst likely case imo

Unread 01-04-2018, 06:09 AM
sub three hours

Mourinho's almost admitted that Guardiola's's schooled him this year

Unread 01-04-2018, 06:29 AM
Red Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours
Mourinho's almost admitted that Guardiola's's schooled him this year
He started with better squad than Jose plus he is at a club who will bag any player he wants and seems to have a vision on where it wants to be as a club(state funded of course)

We have a bunch of money grabbing suits with a complete scatter gun approach on transfers based on social media/brand exposure and try to penny pinch on aquiring players thus missing out on one or two of the managers top targets plus they have also made cuts to the youth set up but want any manager to promote youth through the ranks

Saying all that Jose should be getting better performances from some of the players at his disposal.

Unread 01-04-2018, 06:48 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Al
He started with better squad than Jose plus he is at a club who will bag any player he wants and seems to have a vision on where it wants to be as a club(state funded of course)

We have a bunch of money grabbing suits with a complete scatter gun approach on transfers based on social media/brand exposure and try to penny pinch on aquiring players thus missing out on one or two of the managers top targets plus they have also made cuts to the youth set up but want any manager to promote youth through the ranks

Saying all that Jose should be getting better performances from some of the players at his disposal.

I tend to agree that much of our problems lie with the Board. In their effort to replace Fergie they've gone for 3 managers whose playing philosophy is the opposite of the United way.

For Mourinho to say that Citeh are 'Impossible to keep pace with' he's talking %@#$&!s and is just looking for excuses for his own failure. We have the name and finance to attract any player and there is no reason why the players we have cannot compete. It sounds to me like he's getting in his excuses already before next week.

The fact is he has spent the same as Guardiola and ten times more net spend than Klopp and Poch and he serves up this turgid brand of football.

I've been cutting him some slack by agreeing that we are a club in transition but if we If we get humiliated playing anti football against Citeh i'll join the tide that has already turned on him

Unread 01-04-2018, 06:57 AM
puressence

big summer needs to get the right players in needs full backs needs at least one midfielder one centre half

Unread 01-04-2018, 07:03 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
big summer needs to get the right players in needs full backs needs at least one midfielder one centre half

Mourinho die-hards keep saying to me this has been “A positive season “ and that "We've moved forward." Bloody hell if this an example of a positive Mourinho season l'd hate to watch a negative one.

With the progress we're making, hopefully next season we can become even more boring.

Unread 01-04-2018, 07:04 AM
denis lawless

Should have been scheduled for April the first

Unread 01-04-2018, 07:07 AM
saffers

Actually don't think it's that meaningless if we do win, obviously they wont care too much but could be a nice marker for next season and give us a boost ahead of the cup semi.

Unread 01-04-2018, 07:08 AM
sub three hours

Quote:
Originally Posted by denis lawless
Should have been scheduled for April the first

It still wouldn't surprise me to See Citeh lose to Liverpool and us.

Next week it's 11 men against 11 men, not gods v mortals. With our strongest 11 and the right tactics we could do it. I don't believe Citeh can't be beaten, I do believe we can't win if Mourinho goes with the wrong team and tactics which I suspect he will.

Unread 01-04-2018, 07:31 AM
puressence

be better if liverpool gain a decent result tuesday

Unread 01-04-2018, 07:52 AM
armchair

the day Manchester United dragged football into infamy (again)

Unread 01-04-2018, 08:09 AM
Jethro

90 minutes of singing flares and slaps should do

Unread 01-04-2018, 09:33 AM
Lodestar

It doesn't bother me that much. In terms of history and status they can't touch us. If they hadn't been bankrolled they'd be nothing and they know that. So the success is hollow.

A win playing some decent football would be welcome of course.

Unread 01-04-2018, 09:39 AM
barca99

We can improve next season but if city carry on like they are we have £#%&!ing no chance.

We need to inprove and city need to have an off season, they are going to end up with 100 points ffs no way we are getting that.

Unread 01-04-2018, 09:42 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by barca99
We can improve next season but if city carry on like they are we have £#%&!ing no chance.

We need to inprove and city need to have an off season, they are going to end up with 100 points ffs no way we are getting that.
No way will City keep this kind of form into a new season imo

It’s been our best season for points and goals since Fergie retired, we're still in transition but the improvement is there. We'll kick on again next season as long as we make the right signings.

Unread 01-04-2018, 09:43 AM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by sub three hours

It still wouldn't surprise me to See Citeh lose to Liverpool and us.

Next week it's 11 men against 11 men, not gods v mortals. With our strongest 11 and the right tactics we could do it. I don't believe Citeh can't be beaten, I do believe we can't win if Mourinho goes with the wrong team and tactics which I suspect he will.
Don’t do it to yourself.

The manager will shit out, just like he has near enough every challenging match we’ve faced under him.

Unread 01-04-2018, 09:44 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lodestar
It doesn't bother me that much. In terms of history and status they can't touch us. If they hadn't been bankrolled they'd be nothing and they know that. So the success is hollow.

A win playing some decent football would be welcome of course.
This is how I feel towards it

Yeah it’s not great seeing City do so well and potentially win the league against us, but they’re the epitome of a plastic club. The success they get means next to nothing, so £#%&! em.

Unread 01-04-2018, 09:46 AM
sub three hours

I wish I had your optimism lads. I don't doubt that Mourinho is an effective, results based manager but his dour, boring, pragmatic football is awful to watch.

Unread 01-04-2018, 09:46 AM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
This is how I feel towards it

Yeah it’s not great seeing City do so well and potentially win the league against us, but they’re the epitome of a plastic club. The success they get means next to nothing, so £#%&! em.
Yeah, you don’t have to deal with them, you won’t be in the vincity of 40,000 of them possibly ballooning in our faces next weekend....

It £#%&!ing hurts...
Closed Thread