United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 04-05-2008, 12:58 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
I like Fletch, although I despair at him at times.Good player, not good enough for United.
why is he not good enough for us? He has put in some stirling performances when called upon this season. He is a quality squad player and his attitude is first class. He handles himself well and has an excellent temperament. He also tends to play well in big games. Darren Fletcher football genius.

Unread 04-05-2008, 01:00 PM
Part 36 Offer

[quote=dunk;924901]Is he one of them Portuguese/Brazillians who go by a nickname rather than their rather log winded full name?

I can see O'Shea departing, Saha hopefully, and maybe a shock retirement of sorts. Apart from that, I see everyone staying.

Coming in, I have no £#%&!ing idea and, after last summer, I'm not trying to 2nd guess and I am certainly not believing what the papers say.

I am clinging on to the hope that Karim Benzema will somehow end up here...[/QUOTE]

ha ha me too. It looks nigh on impossible though. I would love to see him in a red shirt.

Unread 04-05-2008, 01:01 PM
wiganste

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
why is he not good enough for us? He has put in some stirling performances when called upon this season. He is a quality squad player and his attitude is first class. He handles himself well and has an excellent temperament. He also tends to play well in big games. Darren Fletcher football genius.
You was doing so well up until the Darren Fletcher football genius bit.

Definitely worth keeping at the club though. He hasn't let us down this season and has definitely improved.

Unread 04-05-2008, 01:03 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wiganste
You was doing so well up until the Darren Fletcher football genius bit.

Definitely worth keeping at the club though. He hasn't let us down this season and has definitely improved.
It just cracks me up that chant. Actually I might just make it my sig....[looks out window (pondering) and strokes chin]

Unread 04-05-2008, 01:08 PM
Pudge_Bear

don't think we will see much activity at all, and rightly so. we are, after all, on the verge of a premier league and champions league double, not the time to go and start dismantling the squad. nani, tevez, anderson will be better next season, rooney and ronaldo will continue to get better, our defence is safe as houses.

neither oshea or fletcher will leave, both are happy with the roles that they play. 7 subs as well next season, both will at least be in the match day squad every week.

In: Bosingwa

I wish: Benzema

Unread 04-05-2008, 01:09 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
And he also tends to play rubbish in lots of other games.His distribution at times is terrible too.No pace either.

But anyway, this wasn't supposed to be me slating Dazzler thread.I like the lad.

Unread 04-05-2008, 01:11 PM
Ether

Fletcher has been absolutely brilliant this season when played in the centre. No way he will leave.

Unread 04-05-2008, 01:16 PM
Rhodzy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ether
Fletcher has been absolutely brilliant this season when played in the centre. No way he will leave.
He's going to Milan.

Unread 04-05-2008, 01:18 PM
Ether

Flamini and Fletcher in the middle? Pirlo must be shitting it.

Unread 04-05-2008, 01:22 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhodzy
He's going to Milan.
Juve isn't it?

Unread 04-05-2008, 01:26 PM
Rhodzy

Unread 04-05-2008, 01:28 PM
Part 36 Offer

Unread 04-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Horst_ Bucholst

in drogba and richards

out

giggs saha and silvestre

Unread 04-05-2008, 03:42 PM
Lurker

Out: Silvestre, O'Shea, Saha.

In: Adebayor

Hopefully coming nowhere near the club: Richards, Ashton.

Possible surprise departures: van der Sar, Giggs.

Unread 04-05-2008, 03:44 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lurker
Out: Silvestre, O'Shea, Saha.

In: Adebayor

Hopefully coming nowhere near the club: Richards, Ashton.

Possible surprise departures: van der Sar, Giggs.

As someone has already said, I can't see O'Shea going.Can play a number of roles and is happy to be bit-part.

Unread 04-05-2008, 03:46 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
As someone has already said, I can't see O'Shea going.Can play a number of roles and is happy to be bit-part.
You could argue with the advent of 7 subs and a few youngsters coming through there is little use of a versatile jack of all trades player.

I wouldn't be upset if he went, wouldn't be missed IMO.

Unread 04-05-2008, 03:50 PM
koppas

In: Quaresma
In: Messi

Out: Rooney
Out: Ronaldo

Unread 04-05-2008, 03:52 PM
magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish
You could argue with the advent of 7 subs and a few youngsters coming through there is little use of a versatile jack of all trades player.

I wouldn't be upset if he went, wouldn't be missed IMO
No, I agree with that.

Just don't think he'll go.

Unread 04-05-2008, 03:59 PM
celtbion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

I wouldn't be upset if he went, wouldn't be missed IMO.
Seven subs next year is it?

Well, true, O'Shea's Utd career is based on the currently limited number of subs, you are probably right.

I won't miss him, at any rate.

Would much rather Simpson, Pique, Gibson, Wellbeck etc getting a chance with plenty senior pro's also available to spring from the bench in tighter games.

Unread 04-05-2008, 04:04 PM
Qwertyuiop

My mate has the occasional booze with Bernard Halford and he reckons Richards is a done deal. He could be yonking my pisser but hey-ho.
Closed Thread