United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:31 PM
Whalefish

Default Tosic and Utd fail to agree deal

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...214/index.html

Pity. I'd like to see another wide player arrive - especially a left footer. Allow Ronaldo to play through the middle more.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:33 PM
Bunker Buster

Quote:
Tosic was granted a British work permit last month, after United manager Alex Ferguson made a personal plea at a hearing in Sheffield.
Strange that Fergie made a personnel plea, but we couldn't secure the deal...

Strange one.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:34 PM
borsuk

looks like his agent has been busy then. wonder who's come in with a bigger offer and a nice percentage.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:35 PM
Whalefish

Wages appear to be the sticking point, you'd think that was sorted beforehand.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:36 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Wages appear to be the sticking point, you'd think that was sorted beforehand.
Got a text about this this morning, apparently we wouldn't go higher than 100k a year.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:37 PM
Whalefish

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:38 PM
puressence

he will sign ..............confirmed

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:39 PM
dunk

He's still hopeful something will be sorted though, according to the quotes on SSN, anyway.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:40 PM
Alan

Don't sign a no.9 Ferie whatever you do.

Sign a winger who can cross it in to nobody instead

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:43 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan
Don't sign a no.9 Ferie whatever you do.

Sign a winger who can cross it in to nobody instead

Exactly what my mate said. Why bother with a decent crosser of the ball, none of our strikers bother to get in the box anyway!

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:45 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whalefish

Exactly what my mate said. Why bother with a decent crosser of the ball, none of our strikers bother to get in the box anyway!
It is worrying, Carrick was our furthest man forward at times yesterday. I recall a situation with about 10 minutes to go yesterday where one of our players had the ball and there was nobody in the area at all.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:46 PM
forzagarza

Quote:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/200...214/index.html

Pity. I'd like to see another wide player arrive - especially a left footer. Allow Ronaldo to play through the middle more.
We've enough wide fans on here. I don't think we need any wide players.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:51 PM
Whalefish

Ronaldo and Berbatov yesterday, when both had the ball, and looked to play in a runner had nothing to wrk with. They were isolated at times. Park did well, Rafael too at times, to offer width. Carrick too, but not enough. Tevez didn't sadly and his substitution made sense because he wasn't contributing anything in an attacking sense, he didn't really look to support the others with the positions he was taking up. Bar one run in the first half which resulted in a bizarre shot or cross I don't recall much else. Which was a real shame, hoped for better from him.

However, this has been a problem all season. Too much football in front of a defence, not enough players breaking into the box or going passed a defender to stretch teams.

I don't expect Tevez to do that btw - he was beaten for pace by Corluka yesterday - but I do expect it from the others.

Anderson would've been ideal yesterday. For Fletcher after fifty mins or so.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:53 PM
dunk

Quote:
Ronaldo and Berbatov yesterday, when both had the ball, and looked to play in a runner had nothing to wrk with. They were isolated at times. Park did well, Rafael too at times, to offer width. Carrick too at times but not enough. Tevez didn't sadly and his substitution made sense because he wasn't contributing anything in an attacking sense, he didn't really look to support the others with the positions he was taking up. Bar one run in the first half which resulted in a bizarre shot or cross I don't recall much else. Which was a real shame, hoped for better from him.

However, this has been a problem all season. Too much football in front of a defence, not enough players breaking into the box or going passed a defender to stretch teams.

I don't expect Tevez to do that btw - he was beaten for pace by Corluka yesterday - but I do expect it from the others.

Anderson would've been ideal yesterday. For Fletcher after fifty mins or so.
I thought that, but I keep reading he is our best striker and our only goalscoring threat. I thought I had misunderstood what I was watching.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:54 PM
Bunker Buster

Park was MOM

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:55 PM
Whalefish

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
I thought that, but I keep reading he is our best striker and our only goalscoring threat. I thought I had misunderstood what I was watching.
He was poor yesterday and very ineffective. He certainly wasn't a goal threat.

Unread 14-12-2008, 04:59 PM
dunk

Quote:
He was poor yesterday and very ineffective. He certainly wasn't a goal threat.
I suppose it depends who was watching.

The one decent thing Tevez achieved in the games was the run in the first half when he hot wildly from a narrow angle. Berbatov was in the middle, all it needed wa squaring and there was a decent opportunity. Poor decision on the only occasion he contributed in an attacking sense.

Unread 14-12-2008, 05:02 PM
Whalefish

Yeah, that was the move I was referring to.

Part 36 Offer

Quote:
I suppose it depends who was watching.

The one decent thing Tevez achieved in the games was the run in the first half when he hot wildly from a narrow angle. Berbatov was in the middle, all it needed wa squaring and there was a decent opportunity. Poor decision on the only occasion he contributed in an attacking sense.

The one with his left foot that went for a throw-in?

He didn't get his head up once, there was 2 players unmarked on the edge of the box, too.

MUFC One Love

Quote:
Tevez is the best striker ever.
Closed Thread