Originally Posted by Rhodzy
Who said I couldn't score in big games?

Unread 27-03-2008, 01:06 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by legendary saf
Who said I couldn't score in big games?
Nobody.

They said he doesn't perform as well in big games.

Unread 27-03-2008, 01:10 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed Sullivan
Nobody.

They said he doesn't perform as well in big games.
Nope, I always hear about he does nothing in big games.

When in fact he's scored against Milan, Roma(2), Liverpool, Arsenal and Lyon in the last 12 months or so.

Also keep in mind how much more cautious United are in the bigger games, Ronaldo is effectively a fullback sometimes....

He had a smart game on Sunday, one of his better against a well organised and strong side, he should have punished them more when Masch went off but I think he did all the right things throughout the game, no messing about. Just playing the simple ball near enough everytime and he got his rewards later with a goal.

Unread 27-03-2008, 01:12 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Nope, I always hear about he does nothing in big games.

When in fact he's scored against Milan, Roma(2), Liverpool, Arsenal and Lyon in the last 12 months or so.

Also keep in mind how much more cautious United are in the bigger games, Ronaldo is effectively a fullback sometimes....

He had a smart game on Sunday, one of his better against a well organised and strong side, he should have punished them more when Masch went off but I think he did all the right things throughout the game, no messing about. Just playing the simple ball near enough everytime and he got his rewards later with a goal.
You've missed the point again. He doesn't perform AS WELL in big games.

And he never tracks back so I don't know where you get this idea that he's pushed into a full back position.

Unread 27-03-2008, 01:15 PM
Stickman

I cant believe the scousers have started a whisper, turned into a myth and escalated it into some sort of gospel that Torres was kicked off the park.

I mean come the £#%&! on, not one hard unfair tackle went in on him all game. He just kept getting pushed off the ball, too lightweight for Rio...that is an embarrassment @#%&!o.

Unread 27-03-2008, 01:16 PM
legendary saf

Quote:

And he never tracks back so I don't know where you get this idea that he's pushed into a full back position.
Not missed any point, Ronaldo is restricted in bigger games.

Obviously Ronaldo isn't as dazzling as he usually is but that is to be expected, the same happens to everyone else.

It was easy to blame him for it but I don't think he's been given the freedom. We are far too negative in big games, look at how long it took SAF to bring on Nani and Tevez ffs.

Unread 27-03-2008, 01:16 PM
Stickman

Quote:

Who performs AS WELL against the best sides? Not many. You're far less likely to rip the piss out of the other 'big 3' then say Wigan.

Unread 27-03-2008, 01:18 PM
Stickman

my favourite

poor Jamie

Unread 27-03-2008, 01:19 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Not missed any point, Ronaldo is restricted in bigger games.

Obviously Ronaldo isn't as dazzling as he usually is but that is to be expected, the same happens to everyone else.

It was easy to blame him for it but I don't think he's been given the freedom. We are far too negative in big games, look at how long it took SAF to bring on Nani and Tevez ffs.
I don't see how we were negative considering we'd dominated the game up until they came on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Who performs AS WELL against the best sides? Not many. You're far less likely to rip the piss out of the other 'big 3' then say Wigan.
Personally I think some players (Scholes/Rooney) shine in such matches. It's not a bad thing - Ronaldos cute little stepovers are fantastic against Fulhams back 4.

Unread 27-03-2008, 01:22 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
I don't see how we were negative considering we'd dominated the game up until they came on.

Personally I think some players (Scholes/Rooney) shine in such matches. It's not a bad thing - Ronaldos cute little stepovers are fantastic against Fulhams back 4.
The ball was stuck in the centre of midfield, you're starting to sound like Rafa Benitez mate...

Ronaldos stepovers?

I swear I can't remember the last time he did some. Freakishly effective player nowadays who's only gonna get better.

Unread 27-03-2008, 01:23 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
The ball was stuck in the centre of midfield, you're starting to sound like Rafa Benitez mate...

Ronaldos stepovers?

I swear I can't remember the last time he did some. Freakishly effective player nowadays who's only gonna get better.
How many good chances did Liverpool have until the 70th minute? Why can't you just accept we also play well when your favourites are not on the pitch?

It's pathetic. You don't rate Uniteds games unless Nani/Tevez or Ronaldo have scored.

Unread 27-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Masch

FFS.

Unread 27-03-2008, 01:26 PM
legendary saf

Quote:
How many good chances did Liverpool have until the 70th minute? Why can't you just accept we also play well when your favourites are not on the pitch?

It's pathetic. You don't rate Uniteds games unless Nani/Tevez or Ronaldo have scored.
I do.

I just don't think we showed our best.

We did well and restricted Liverpool to nothing but one or two half arsed shots from Gerrard.

My point is that we didn't have our usual high tempo and flowing football.

Unread 27-03-2008, 02:16 PM
Manchester

Quote:

Ronaldos stepovers?

I swear I can't remember the last time he did some
. Freakishly effective player nowadays who's only gonna get better.
So he didn't do any against liverpool? I seem to remember him doing quite a few on the edge of the box with Gerrard being dazzled by it
Closed Thread