United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 07-10-2015, 07:12 AM
puressence

love the guys on the forum who have direct access to the players coaches and media ... why are you on this site lads

Unread 07-10-2015, 08:17 AM
S/Side.Red

Yeah, but I think there will always be gaps in this team. You just hope they're not absolutely huge, like on Sunday. And you also hope that the defenders are able to actually defend, unlike Sunday. Saw the goals last night for the first time since the game. Yeah Arsenal did well but the defending is embarrassing.

Unread 07-10-2015, 08:53 AM
General Woundwort

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
no. last season at anfield we were wide open at the back with little midfield cover and liverpool lacked the composure, common sense and talent to take advantage of their several runs at the defence. if lallana's shot had gone just the other side of the post.......
Oh Jem. We battered them. Clearly LVG identified before the game that they lacked common sense, composure and talent. The talent part was obvious tbf.

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:05 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem

no. last season at anfield we were wide open at the back with little midfield cover and liverpool lacked the composure, common sense and talent to take advantage of their several runs at the defence. if lallana's shot had gone just the other side of the post.......
Alright enough.

That's enough. Take a break.

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:08 AM
atticusgrinch

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
Alright enough.

That's enough. Take a break.
Jem spent so much time arguing with throb he became him.

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:11 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
Oh Jem. We battered them. Clearly LVG identified before the game that they lacked common sense, composure and talent. The talent part was obvious tbf.
I wish he'd worked out on Sunday that United lack common sense, composure and talent.

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:40 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by saffers
If there are dark forces trying to undermine LvG then that has to come into play when judging his actions in the job. Really hope Giggs and co aren't being snides to a guy who has done nothing but shower him with praise.
he couldn't wait to get the class of 92 in when Moyes got the bullet. I don't want him as manager, loads of ex players had to cut their teeth at other clubs why should he get the hot seat?

Unread 07-10-2015, 09:50 AM
andyroo

I'm not totally hostile to the idea, of course he was one of our greatest players and it'd be ace if it worked out, but Jesus that's a big if. Would like to see him coaching the U21s first and see how he gets on, this mentoring thing is a bit daft.

Unread 07-10-2015, 10:00 AM
andyroo

Yeah that vid, while it's hardly going to be comprehensive, wasn't exactly encouraging. To be quite honest what I got from it is that Nicky looks more like managerial material.

Unread 07-10-2015, 10:06 AM
elephantstone

Quote:
Originally Posted by andyroo
Yeah that vid, while it's hardly going to be comprehensive, wasn't exactly encouraging. To be quite honest what I got from it is that Nicky looks more like managerial material.
maybe we should consider him.

Unread 07-10-2015, 10:29 AM
itisme_panaflex

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
but he did play for United tbf fuzzy, and has a bit of a clue about the club - nothing conclusive (what is, apart from managing?) but he isn't Lee Cattermole in a United kit.

Pep? How long would he stay if he even got the gig? He had it all at Barca and couldn't cope.
i think you might be coming from a sentimental perspective? which is what I am suggesting to avoid.

Re: Pep. 3 years at most. Can't expect anything more in this day & age.

Unread 07-10-2015, 10:32 AM
TheFatGoth

Quote:
but he did play for United tbf fuzzy, and has a bit of a clue about the club - nothing conclusive (what is, apart from managing?) but he isn't Lee Cattermole in a United kit.

Pep? How long would he stay if he even got the gig? He had it all at Barca and couldn't cope.
He won 9 major honours in 4 years. Think I could just about cope with similar.

Think a lot of United fans and maybe the club themselves need to get this 'long term manager' obsession out of their heads. The likes of Fergie/Wenger are definitely exceptions to the rule. If you can get a good 3 years out of a manager these days - you're doing well.

Unread 07-10-2015, 10:36 AM
Denis Irwell

Quote:
Originally Posted by itisme_panaflex
i think you might be coming from a sentimental perspective? which is what I am suggesting to avoid.

Re: Pep. 3 years at most. Can't expect anything more in this day & age.
not at all mate - enough sentimental failures in the past but if he never gets a crack at it we'll never know. It's the likes of GNev, Becks, Scholes etc that I'd object to.

Maybe that;s right??? I think it was Ancelotti or Capello the other day saying jose had done his dash again after 2/3 years. Players stop listening after a while. Probably where fergie was clever in delegating and having a turnover of assistants.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheFatGoth
He won 9 major honours in 4 years. Think I could just about cope with similar.

Think a lot of United fans and maybe the club themselves need to get this 'long term manager' obsession out of their heads. The likes of Fergie/Wenger are definitely exceptions to the rule. If you can get a good 3 years out of a manager these days - you're doing well.
Yep - who wouldn't? ...... but would he?

Three years? Twenty years? Could there possibly be a middle ground?

I'm not convinced about Giggs but we'll never know if he doesn't get a shot at it.... and furthermore, where do you call time on it? That applies to Pep or anyone else too. Was Pep a sentimental choice at barca? There comes a point where you have to give the guy a go or go for a "dead cert" like Pep or Klopp who were untried before they showed they could do the job.

Unread 07-10-2015, 12:08 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Woundwort
well, he certainly misunderestimated arsenal.

Unread 07-10-2015, 12:19 PM
Sufferin Succotash

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norm
Funny you say that because Beckham was on sky today saying he hopes Giggs gets the job after LVG.
Nope. He said he thinks he could be manager in 5 to 10 years.

Unread 07-10-2015, 04:45 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sufferin Succotash
Nope. He said he thinks he could be manager in 5 to 10 years.
Ah, interesting - is there an actual quote here?

Unread 07-10-2015, 05:48 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by elephantstone
he couldn't wait to get the class of 92 in when Moyes got the bullet. I don't want him as manager, loads of ex players had to cut their teeth at other clubs why should he get the hot seat?
Indeed. With different timing it could easily have been Robson, Keane, Hughes, Bruce walking into the assistant job when they retired from playing, with no managerial experience but being touted for the job because of their connection to the club and fans.

Keane and Robson were both touted as future united managers when they retired. I was desperate for robson to come back and manage us one day. But they had the disadvantage of actually having to to out and manage eslewhere first, thus £#%&!ing up their chances. And they both started off in management successfully. I see no reason to place Giggs above either of them.

Quote:
I'm not convinced about Giggs but we'll never know if he doesn't get a shot at it.... and furthermore, where do you call time on it?
There's this middle ground where novice managers start at smaller clubs and build up as they progress. I don't know any industry where a novice walks into the top job. It's not like united gave ferguson his first managerial chance. This Giggs stuff is just emotional nonsense.

Unread 07-10-2015, 06:06 PM
TheFatGoth

Is Ole still managing?

Unread 07-10-2015, 06:13 PM
Doctor Hver

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Need to ditch the dissenters then. Carrick, Rooney and Giggs out.
This and This and This.

Unread 07-10-2015, 07:26 PM
utd99

Quote:
Originally Posted by atticusgrinch
Jem spent so much time arguing with throb he became him.

Finally.
Closed Thread