United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 12-06-2009, 08:54 PM
marlo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Mouzone
yes its only the frontline that won us the premier league and the champions league and a season where we smashed teams all season long, what a horrible prospect
exactly.

Unread 12-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Fatboy Shrek

Quote:
yes its only the frontline that won us the premier league and the champions league and a season where we smashed teams all season long, what a horrible prospect
Not strictly true, someone else contributed that season going forwad. Saha played on a fair few occasions if memory serves.

Unread 12-06-2009, 08:56 PM
Redhod99

Quote:
Hmmm, I think you seem to be missing a key factor from that, namely the one who got 42 goals

Unread 12-06-2009, 08:57 PM
Firswood Red

Quote:

think you've conveniently forgotten about the fella who managed to score 42 goals that season

Unread 12-06-2009, 08:59 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aloe Blacc
Sorry mate but i've lost all respect for the guy, the only way I would accept him being here next season is impossible.
I've read the fine print and done the calculations. It turns out that it doesn't matter if you accept him back or not.

Brother Mouzone

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fatboy Shrek
Not strictly true, someone else contributed that season going forwad. Saha played on a fair few occasions if memory serves.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redhod99
Hmmm, I think you seem to be missing a key factor from that, namely the one who got 42 goals
Agreed but it was Rooney and Tevez the majority of the time, and for much of the season they were majestic together, especially with their interplay.

Fast forward 12 months and its clear to see that Rooney and Berbatov dont work together, and thats using your eyes and even the idiot statistic monkeys cant argue with it.

marlo

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
I've read the fine print and done the calculations. It turns out that it doesn't matter if you accept him back or not.

Unread 12-06-2009, 09:01 PM
Alan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Where were all the clubs in for him mate? 'World Class' striker isn't he? This is nothing to be excited about mate, it just means United will probably fob the fans off now and claim he's a 'new signing' and just sign Valencia then at the end of August Gill will claim 'there isn't much out there, transfer deals are difficult'.
The same could be said about the bloke in your avatar.

No other £#%&!er wanted him except city to make a point.

Unread 12-06-2009, 09:03 PM
marlo

Default right in the kisser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan

arf, lolz,

Unread 12-06-2009, 09:16 PM
The Watcher

Thumbs down

He's a great player, but his attitude to being dropped is £#%&!ing shit - mouthing off to the press during a run in for the title? £#%&! that - he was even happy to entertain the idea of joining city or the murderers ffs. But now no @#%&! will pay him or his pimp £25 million, he suddenly feels part of the United family again eh He can £#%&! off as far as I'm concerned.

Unread 12-06-2009, 09:21 PM
Fatboy Shrek

I'd be interested to hear what Serenity thought.

Unread 12-06-2009, 09:24 PM
Tumescent Throb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan

Tevez is a free agent pretty soon though, which is the one subtle difference between the two scenarios

Unread 12-06-2009, 09:27 PM
koppas

Quote:
Originally Posted by marlo
great news... carlos tevez and rooney. front line. flee
What is this with "flee" marls?

Unread 12-06-2009, 09:28 PM
naes_sean

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
Where were all the clubs in for him mate? 'World Class' striker isn't he? This is nothing to be excited about mate, it just means United will probably fob the fans off now and claim he's a 'new signing' and just sign Valencia then at the end of August Gill will claim 'there isn't much out there, transfer deals are difficult'.
FFS.

Unread 12-06-2009, 09:29 PM
thatsfuctit

Quote:
Originally Posted by koppas
What is this with "flee" marls?
flea from the chillis?

Unread 12-06-2009, 09:34 PM
the heathen

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
I will be straight on the phone to MUST IMUSA and BSM if we do
Don't forget Stretford End Flags. Believe

Unread 12-06-2009, 09:50 PM
RED PABLO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I for one will be gutted if he stays.
Make that two.

Unread 12-06-2009, 09:58 PM
BarryX

Quote:
Originally Posted by RED PABLO
Make that two.
I will forgive, move on and hope he turns into a world beater (again). Was fuming for a while, but at the end of the day if Fergie decides he's value for money then I'll be happy enough. If he £#%&!s off, then £#%&! him. Hopefully, if he does stay, he can persuade Aguero to come and join the party.

Ageuro Rooney Tevez

or

Rooney - Aguero
Berbatov

Unread 12-06-2009, 10:03 PM
Zorg

Quote:
Originally Posted by £#%&! KFC
we won't be signing him

I will be straight on the phone to MUST IMUSA and BSM if we do

Unread 12-06-2009, 11:38 PM
Barracuda

Rooney, Berbanator and Tevez have been our pool of strikers for a whole season, and I think it's safe to say that between them they have not come up with enough goals - the mix isn't right.

The three of them have also been rotated fairly equally - they have each played important games and been rested for important games ... yet Tevez is the only one who has thrown a tantrum.

If Tevez is signed permanently then will either of the above change? IMO no - I can't for the life of me understand why we'd pay so much money to have exactly the same problems next season that we've had in this previous one.

We'd still have the same three strikers who are struggling with their goal output - which will be even more noticeable without Ronnie ... and Tevez will still be rested and rotated, and as such still spitting his dummy out.

We need three strikers no doubt at all, but more than anything we need one who will add a serious goal threat. I don't hate Tevez and I accept he has his plus points, he just doesn't have the ones we need.
Closed Thread