United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:02 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
Love the dutch. I like Brazil.

You'll never understand. I wouldn't expect you to. Our rivalry with those south american rats is well documented. Horrible, cynical, dirty, cheats.

Nothing you wouldn't expect though from a nation of people descended from fleeing Nazis and fascist Italians.

Yes, it's well-documented by English people. It's a momentarily interesting game, mainly because of a war. Argentina considers Brazil and Uruguay their football rivals, and rightly so.

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:07 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Yes, it's well-documented by English people. It's a momentarily interesting game, mainly because of a war. Argentina considers Brazil and Uruguay their football rivals, and rightly so.
In all honesty, nobody gives a shit about England in terms of being football rivals, other than Scotland and maybe the RoI.

The Germans have a much fiercer rivalry with the Dutch, and as you say, Argentina's proper rivals are Brazil and Uruguay.

Nobody really gives a £#%&! about the yapping, little bulldog with the inferiority complex in the corner.

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:13 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
Listen pal, I know what they like to think but they're forever bitter about us kicking them off our penguin rock. That's why they have silly little banners before games about it.

Either way, you wouldn't understand and I don't expect you to.

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:14 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
In all honesty, nobody gives a shit about England in terms of being football rivals, other than Scotland and maybe the RoI.

The Germans have a much fiercer rivalry with the Dutch, and as you say, Argentina's proper rivals are Brazil and Uruguay.

Nobody really gives a £#%&! about the yapping, little bulldog with the inferiority complex in the corner.
Think the phrase you're looking for is superiority complex as far as the England national team are concerned

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:15 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian
Argentina are shit, Brazil are shit, Germany are alright, The Dutch are limited triers with 2 outstanding attacking players.

This World Cup is officially turning to shite.

Belgium get what they deserve for having the one tactic of hoofing the ball to Fellaini, imagine having a player like Hazard work up and down the wings and giving that Donkey a free role. Moyes wet dream football.

Quarters have been disappointing. I enjoyed most of the last-16 games; they were exciting and engrossing albeit lacking a little quality.

This isn't the first time I've wondered whether the off days disrupt the momentum in a World Cup. Brazil with six days between their last games. I just wonder if the stops just allow a little more tension to build. End of season is always great because teams are tired, play off adrenaline and games tend to be more open.

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:17 PM
Neo

Quote:
Originally Posted by dinger
Think the phrase you're looking for is superiority complex as far as the England national team are concerned
It starts off as a superiority complex before every tournament, yeah.

Fast becomes an inferiority complex by the time the group stages are done though.

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:20 PM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

Fast becomes an inferiority complex by the time the group stages are done though.
True

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:21 PM
jem

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo

don't let the facts get in the way.

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:27 PM
Sparky***

Shouldn't be surprised at the quarter finals going this way with so many south american teams in them. Now we're at the business end the most prominent aspect of South American football is coming to the fore; cynical cheating and thuggery.

They make Jose Mourinho teams look positively carefree.

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:35 PM
barrington avenue

Quote:
Listen pal, I know what they like to think but they're forever bitter about us kicking them off our penguin rock. That's why they have silly little banners before games about it.

Either way, you wouldn't understand and I don't expect you to.

only Londoners feel this patriotic, which baffles me because London is full of foreigners!!perhaps that is why?

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:37 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington avenue
only Londoners feel this patriotic, which baffles me because London is full of foreigners!!perhaps that is why?
I should imagine a set of lift doors would baffle you, son.

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:39 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Shouldn't be surprised at the quarter finals going this way with so many south american teams in them. Now we're at the business end the most prominent aspect of South American football is coming to the fore; cynical cheating and thuggery.

France-Germany was pretty shite, tbf.

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:40 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrington avenue
You're joking right? You ever followed England away?

Look at the number of small town middle England shithole flags on view. Them @#%&!s ain't Londoners.

BNP/EDL marches ain't full of Londoners only, are they?

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:41 PM
jem

don't slag off london just because colombia and brasil kicked the shit out of each other.

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:41 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
France-Germany was pretty shite, tbf.
Germany had the flu tbf and France had an off day.

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:42 PM
poppy

Quote:

To be fair, it would be nice to see someone stop the European's utter dominance of world sport.

Predictably they've just won the women's title again at Wimbledon. They're going to wrap the men's up tomorrow (yet again). They've just taken the last main prize in golf and they're pretty much nailed on to retain the Ryder Cup. It's so £#%&!ing boring.

Having a Dutch father (God rest his soul) I always root for them and have even had a wager on them to win, so I'd not complain if the Dutch did it. However, no matter how unlikely, it would be sweet if someone could put a spoke in the European wheel.

Even if it is a bunch of cheating South American @#%&!s.

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:43 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red

Quarters have been disappointing. I enjoyed most of the last-16 games; they were exciting and engrossing albeit lacking a little quality.
Loved Brazil vs Columbia tbh. Attacking football, Hames, Brazil finally turning up etc. A bit epic.

Germany were great to watch yesterday. Should have put three or four past a very disappointing French side.

Not remotely suprised Argentina again descended into shit@#%&!ery tbf

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:46 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by poppy
To be fair, it would be nice to see someone stop the European's utter dominance of world sport.

Predictably they've just won the women's title again at Wimbledon. They're going to wrap the men's up tomorrow (yet again). They've just taken the last main prize in golf and they're pretty much nailed on to retain the Ryder Cup. It's so £#%&!ing boring.

Having a Dutch father (God rest his soul) I always root for them and have even had a wager on them to win, so I'd not complain if the Dutch did it. However, no matter how unlikely, it would be sweet if someone could put a spoke in the European wheel.

Even if it is a bunch of cheating South American @#%&!s.
Personally, I hope Holland win it. If not them, the germans. I have a great respect for the way the germans have turned their team around since 2001.

Brazil and Argentina are awful workman-like teams living off the reputation of past great sides.

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:47 PM
Johnaldo

Rio

Smash 'im early

Unread 05-07-2014, 08:51 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by jem
don't slag off london just because colombia and brasil kicked the shit out of each other.
I thought it was a gripping game despite the thuggery, tbh. Surprised that so many here are getting prissy about it
Closed Thread