United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 29-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jethro
Not as if all the signs are pointing to it eh?

Unread 29-05-2014, 04:27 PM
Sparky***

The southampton owner was on telly last night saying that no deals will be done until they've got a new manager in place.

So there.

Unread 29-05-2014, 04:29 PM
mr.sitter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky***
The southampton owner was on telly last night saying that no deals will be done until they've got a new manager in place.

So there.
and what happens if its moyes ??

Unread 29-05-2014, 04:53 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Anyway Shaw, heard it may be announced this weekend.
Stay frosty pal.

Don't want you ending up back in the bunker...

Unread 29-05-2014, 05:16 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigMikeA
Can 'confirm' the house hunting stories - just been to look at maintenance on an ex united players gaff in that there alderley edge, apparently Shaw is viewing it in the next couple of days

At least that means we're having a bloody good look
How does it work when one footballer takes over another's house - is there a special crew that removes the old initials off the front gates, front door, carpets, table settings, pool, drapes, and puts the new ones on?

Unread 29-05-2014, 05:19 PM
Johnaldo

Must be 80% of the houses in Alderly Edgy are just constantly renovated, sold on and re-renovated. I don't think many people actually ever move in there.

Unread 29-05-2014, 05:53 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grimson
How does it work when one footballer takes over another's house - is there a special crew that removes the old initials off the front gates, front door, carpets, table settings, pool, drapes, and puts the new ones on?
My company did some work in Alderley Edge the other year in what was clearly a footballer's new house. I looked at the drawing and besides the usual Reception Room, Bathroom etc. there was one room designated as "The Playstation Room"

Jammy bastard

Unread 29-05-2014, 05:59 PM
Grimson

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
My company did some work in Alderley Edge the other year in what was clearly a footballer's new house. I looked at the drawing and besides the usual Reception Room, Bathroom etc. there was one room designated as "The Playstation Room"

Jammy bastard
If I had a house like that, I'd dedicate one room entirely to the production of propaganda nqat.

Unread 29-05-2014, 06:03 PM
Crumps

Quote:
Think it was Panucci who live in Macmannamanaman's house in Madrid before him. He took all the light fittings, switches, plugs, door handles, the £#%&!ing lot. That's ironic innit?

Unread 29-05-2014, 06:04 PM
ScarFace

misses englands game with a cold.

Unread 29-05-2014, 06:06 PM
elhombre

Quote:
Can 'confirm' the house hunting stories - just been to look at maintenance on an ex united players gaff in that there alderley edge, apparently Shaw is viewing it in the next couple of days

At least that means we're having a bloody good look
confirm. then apparently. naaaaaah.

Unread 29-05-2014, 06:59 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by elhombre
confirm. then apparently. naaaaaah.
Hence the 'confirm' as opposed to "OMG YES HE'S SIGNING11!!!11!!"

tbpfh, couldn't give a £#%&! because I have absolutely no confidence in our boardroom, especially coco the clown, and their ability to sign anyone we need.

I'll believe it when I see it on all fronts.

Unread 29-05-2014, 07:02 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
As far as I'm aware, Tevez was renting it and hadn't bought it so it happens the way any other rental works - they have their own shit, but generally the decor and features etc mostly stay the same. Dunno how many players actually buy their own gaff, I guess the ones who know they're going to be at the club/in the area for life (see Wazza)

Keep in mind these places are very high spec, so generally they don't need any work when they move in. I can imagine footballers just one a luxurious abode with no hassle etc.

Although this place did have leopard print carpet in one of the bedrooms

Unread 29-05-2014, 07:05 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

Absolutely stunning house. I think it can be yours for about £12m

Used to work in a lot of those in Alderley, Prestbury. Now harbourside palaces in Sydney. Curtains alone, on one window anything between 10/20k. New owners come in and ditch the lot and put up new. Same with virtually new carpets etc not even any chuddy on em

Unread 29-05-2014, 07:08 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denis Irwell
Used to work in a lot of those in Alderley, Prestbury. Now harbourside palaces in Sydney. Curtains alone, on one window anything between 10/20k. New owners come in and ditch the lot and put up new. Same with virtually new carpets etc not even any chuddy on em

It's not even how the other 'half' live, footballers are basically the only profession who can afford that shit, obviously aside from your millionaire entrepreneurs and the like. But how many other professions can you earn £100k+ a week in

I just want a place with a hot tub...

Unread 29-05-2014, 07:17 PM
rafabio

Shaw now follows Wayne Rooney, Phil Jones and Rio Ferdinand.

Unread 29-05-2014, 07:18 PM
RedMenace

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Follows P Nev (ha ha)

Unread 29-05-2014, 07:47 PM
Denis Irwell

Quote:

It's not even how the other 'half' live, footballers are basically the only profession who can afford that shit, obviously aside from your millionaire entrepreneurs and the like. But how many other professions can you earn £100k+ a week in

I just want a place with a hot tub...
And a beer fridge

Quote:
Originally Posted by rafabio
Noticed in the Soton game there were a couple of friendly/familiar exchanges with Rio

Unread 29-05-2014, 07:50 PM
ryanMUFC

He's just followed Rooney, jones and rio on twitter. Not that I've been checking...

Unread 29-05-2014, 07:52 PM
waynes ear's

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedMenace
Follows P Nev (ha ha)

Ha ha
Closed Thread