United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 28-04-2017, 10:28 AM
Tiberian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
With Zlat, Rooney and possibly Mata all gonners and Lingard back up at best, we need about 3 £#%&!ing forwards at least

With Carrick being old, Fellaini shit and having lost Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin, we need 3 or 4 midfielders too..
7/8 signings and it will be the new year before they are settled in.

4 new signings, Striker, CB, CM and a speedy wide option. I would have said 2 midfielders but Mou will probably keep Fellaini.

Unread 28-04-2017, 10:30 AM
Throw

Huge calves. Never seen a player with calves as big.

Unread 28-04-2017, 10:36 AM
ZiggyStardust

Quote:
With Zlat, Rooney and possibly Mata all gonners and Lingard back up at best, we need about 3 £#%&!ing forwards at least

With Carrick being old, Fellaini shit and having lost Schweinsteiger and Schneiderlin, we need 3 or 4 midfielders too..
Not a chance Mata goes
He's actually performed at a consistent level this season
Don't think he's good enough as a first 11 player in a team looking to compete with the best in Europe but he's an excellent squad option

If we're going to boot long balls down the pitch in these big games then we need a target man option up front

As I said previously the jury is out on Micki so we need another creative player who has the balls to play when aggressively pressed
Also need another quick direct forward for our counter attacking threat. So disappointed in how Martial did that role last night

We need to get rid of the cowards on the ball (yes you Darmian, Smalling, Jones and Fellaini) and have a squad of players who are all not afraid of getting on the ball even when pressed

Unread 28-04-2017, 10:40 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

4 new signings, Striker, CB, CM and a speedy wide option. I would have said 2 midfielders but Mou will probably keep Fellaini.
Agree tbh. I incude Mata because there's a bit of noise floating about wrt his injury etc. but you'd probably expect him and Fellaini to still be here next year, maybe Carrick too. With that in mind, if we make the CL, an early exit and a shit tilt at the top 4 to be expected, again. Far too many players that aren't good enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiggyStardust
Not a chance Mata goes
He's actually performed at a consistent level this season
Don't think he's good enough as a first 11 player in a team looking to compete with the best in Europe but he's an excellent squad option

If we're going to boot long balls down the pitch in these big games then we need a target man option up front

As I said previously the jury is out on Micki so we need another creative player who has the balls to play when aggressively pressed
Also need another quick direct forward for our counter attacking threat. So disappointed in how Martial did that role last night

We need to get rid of the cowards on the ball (yes you Darmian, Smalling, Jones and Fellaini) and have a squad of players who are all not afraid of getting on the ball even when pressed
See above for the Mata thing, good squad player to have, whether he comes back well and is happy with that...?

Plenty of players required, and I think Mou only wants to bring in 3 or 4 this summer = more pain next season..

Unread 28-04-2017, 07:40 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luffy
Looks like £#%&!ing Liam Miller where the game just overwhelms him.
He really, really doesn't

Unread 28-04-2017, 07:47 PM
LFOD

less hair on his head than I thought he'd have.

Unread 28-04-2017, 08:10 PM
Vedder

He's obviously talented as £#%&! but he was always the most frustrating player at Dortmund. His movement is great and he would put himself in loads of scoring opportunities but would ususallly need about 4 clear cut chances before he scored one. Needs to £#%&!ing man up a bit too. Getting bounced off the ball for fun last night

Unread 28-04-2017, 10:56 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberian

Agreed, replace Rooney & Zlatan , find Kante's doppleganger & bring in a CB not made of glass . That would be a fantastic window

Unread 07-05-2017, 05:18 PM
sa7

Another big game, another absent performance

Unread 07-05-2017, 05:19 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by sa7
Another big game, another absent performance
He isn't a left back tbf.

Unread 07-05-2017, 05:25 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 07-05-2017, 05:34 PM
Tiberian

Quote:
True, 6-3-1 in big away matches, and often when holding on to a lead against shite.

Still have to ask questions about his mentality, the same with Martial, both exceptional talents, but too easily drift out of games. Rashford and Lingard display far more urgency and fight.

Unread 07-05-2017, 05:43 PM
silv

Crap

Unread 07-05-2017, 05:45 PM
Coracao

He actually reminds me a player Wenger would've signed. Which isn't really a positive thing

Unread 07-05-2017, 05:56 PM
Alan

Massive fanny

Unread 07-05-2017, 05:56 PM
andyroo

Quote:

Unread 07-05-2017, 05:57 PM
Pop

Can't say I'd even notice if he never played for Utd again.

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:00 PM
woody78

Didn't think he was that bad today.

He'll be better next season with better players around him imo

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:17 PM
irk

A talented fanny.

Next!

Unread 07-05-2017, 06:20 PM
ZiggyStardust

He was much worse at city

Hard job playing as a wide player today but next season needs to see a huge improvement or else it's back to Dortmund in a cut price deal
Closed Thread