United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 18-05-2014, 12:01 AM
magic_cantona

Question Rio - getting lots of stick.

Sad to see lots of reds on Twitter telling him to "£#%&! off back to London" and so on.

What's he done? Been a great, great player for us.

Unread 18-05-2014, 12:04 AM
Switching Off

not sure what to say

Unread 18-05-2014, 12:04 AM
lookingforeric

United fans putting the boot in a player after he was released by the club??

Never

Unread 18-05-2014, 12:05 AM
Harri Jaffa

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona
Sad to see lots of reds on Twitter telling him to "£#%&! off back to London" and so on.

Most of us are from London tbf

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=216697

ScarFace

Quote:
Originally Posted by magic_cantona

not been very good lately, so those mongs will of completely forgotten how good he was.

I wish players would leave before they crumble....rio, keane, giggs, G nev, fletcher to name a few.

Go out like VDS.

magic_cantona

Quote:
Originally Posted by Switching Off
not sure what to say
Come on ffs

Unread 18-05-2014, 12:26 AM
forzagarza

He had a lasagne tonight and he used a cook in sauce made by Ragu. Wobbly gobbed pasta

Unread 18-05-2014, 12:30 AM
Camel

Quote:
Originally Posted by forzagarza
He had a lasagne tonight and he used a cook in sauce made by Ragu. Wobbly gobbed pasta
that's poor, even for yuzu

Unread 18-05-2014, 12:37 AM
dinger

He foolishly refers to the lads that called to his door as rags, he meant it as a derisory term everyone on twitter has took the city meaning of it. I think.

Unread 18-05-2014, 01:09 AM
armchair

disliked by the #moyesin #moretime crowd. #£#%&!them

Unread 18-05-2014, 01:20 AM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by armchair
disliked by the #moyesin #moretime crowd. #£#%&!them
He could do no right in some reds eyes, I can see people getting pissed off at the Kenyon incident or missed piss test but he seemed to get hammered hard constantly in the ri mag, a lot of the time it was uncalled for. Even when he was at his peak with vidic he got grief each to their own I suppose

Unread 18-05-2014, 01:52 AM
Clarkie

He's always gotten grief...Whether it be the drugs test or the Kenyon thing, it's always been the same.

For the record, as good as he was, he was great for 3 season and shit every other season. People have short memories. He was absolute rubbish for years when he joined the club until the 2006/2007 season....He hit a peak from then on. Apparently, he used to drive Keane mad with his lax attitude and form

Unread 18-05-2014, 02:02 AM
dinger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarkie
He's always gotten grief...Whether it be the drugs test or the Kenyon thing, it's always been the same.

For the record, as good as he was, he was great for 3 season and shit every other season. People have short memories. He was absolute rubbish for years when he joined the club until the 2006/2007 season....He hit a peak from then on. Apparently, he used to drive Keane mad with his lax attitude and form
Are you saying he was shit and then he was good from 2006 onwards or he was shit for all them years except for 3 of them?

Unread 18-05-2014, 02:59 AM
Stickman

Quote:

That is utter TURD.

Unread 18-05-2014, 03:14 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
That is utter TURD.
Not really....People back between the years of 2001-2006 were calling him one of the greatest defenders in the world....He wasn't!! Far from it!..Nesta gave him a lesson in the art of defending back in 2005.

Sure from 2006 onwards he was world class, but before that?....He wasn't anywhere worth £30 million! Don't believe me? Fine! Go back and look at Boro away in 2002 and the league cup final in 2003.....

2006 onwards, a great, world class defender....Before that, it was laughable to even suggest he was world class

Unread 18-05-2014, 03:25 AM
barrington avenue

gotta agree..

as good as he was ,Rio was in that 'golden generation' of players that were hyped up better than they actually were....

i think being paired up with Vidic enhanced Rio

Unread 18-05-2014, 03:32 AM
Stickman

Quote:
Not really....People back between the years of 2001-2006 were calling him one of the greatest defenders in the world....He wasn't!! Far from it!..Nesta gave him a lesson in the art of defending back in 2005.

Sure from 2006 onwards he was world class, but before that?....He wasn't anywhere worth £30 million! Don't believe me? Fine! Go back and look at Boro away in 2002 and the league cup final in 2003.....

2006 onwards, a great, world class defender....Before that, it was laughable to even suggest he was world class
Quoting specifics is a mugs game, for your Boro away where the entire team was horse shit I give you the ending of arsenals unbeaten run where he was immense. Sure he came up a level in 2006 but he was arguably THE outstanding defender 06-09. The fact he hadnt hit that height and still had mistakes in him prior is really neither here not there, he was a relatively young defender his first couple of seasons, people forget that because he was such a good player.

Unread 18-05-2014, 03:50 AM
Clarkie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickman
Quoting specifics is a mugs game, for your Boro away where the entire team was horse shit I give you the ending of arsenals unbeaten run where he was immense. Sure he came up a level in 2006 but he was arguably THE outstanding defender 06-09. The fact he hadnt hit that height and still had mistakes in him prior is really neither here not there, he was a relatively young defender his first couple of seasons, people forget that because he was such a good player.

My point still stands though.
He was been labelled world class even before he came here and up until 2006, he really wasn't. He was so frustrating and lax it was insane.

The amount of times back then, you'd see him jogging back or after a player in "not really arsed" sort of way, made me pull my hair out.

Again, I go back to them Milan games in 2005 and pin point Nesta. That was a world class defender in action! You think Nesta would have let that Crespo header happen?? No chance!

Rio turned out to be world class and a great defender but, before 2006, the hype was ridiculous and the shit he got away with astounded me...People blaming Blanc in 2002/2003 for some of the things that happened, Rio was just as much at fault if not more...£#%&!ing Silvestre covered Rio's arse in 2003 and that really is saying something

Unread 18-05-2014, 03:56 AM
barrington avenue

Quote:
My point still stands though.
He was been labelled world class even before he came here and up until 2006, he really wasn't. He was so frustrating and lax it was insane.

The amount of times back then, you'd see him jogging back or after a player in "not really arsed" sort of way, made me pull my hair out.

Again, I go back to them Milan games in 2005 and pin point Nesta. That was a world class defender in action! You think Nesta would have let that Crespo header happen?? No chance!

Rio turned out to be world class and a great defender but, before 2006, the hype was ridiculous and the shit he got away with astounded me...People blaming Blanc in 2002/2003 for some of the things that happened, Rio was just as much at fault if not more...£#%&!ing Silvestre covered Rio's arse in 2003 and that really is saying something
megaWUM

you are drunk AND high

Unread 18-05-2014, 04:13 AM
ryanMUFC

Don't care what anyone says, he only really came of age by the time the Vidic partnership developed. He seemed to cut out the clumsy mistakes a lot more at that time. Didn't really deserve the level of abuse in red issue.
Closed Thread