United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-04-2012, 08:15 PM
Jerry the Berry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neo
If you think Xavi can strike a ball as good as Scholes can then you're the one who needs the specs you clueless @#%&!.

For a small guy, the Prince has quality heading ability too, as proven by the countless headers he's scored down the years.

Xavi is the best midfielder in the world atm, and can dictate a game better than anyone, but his long-range passing ability is another part of his game that isn't quite as good as Scholes'.

:rattled:

Unread 08-04-2012, 08:15 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

if this season doesn't mark the prince of langley as the bestest player of his generation (bar none) then may there be plenty of #@&%! for the smokers.

Unread 08-04-2012, 08:19 PM
poppy

The greatest. And only a full sleeve tattoo from winning numerous footballer of the year awards.

I hope to £#%&! he decides on another season.

Unread 08-04-2012, 08:25 PM
borsuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fat Al
That's the difference isn't it?

We have lots of journos and media tools (non-player ones) telling us who is good, great & fantastic.

Ask the worlds to players themselves - that kind of testimony carries all the weight that is needed.
If your peers think you are the best - you are.
Quote:
Paul Scholes was MASSIVELY over-rated. Maybe because he could pass a ball, maybe because he was always surrounded by superb players at Manchester United.

Scholes had nothing like the world class ability of Gazza. He didn’t have the work-rate or tackling ability of Ince. He didn’t score as many goals as Lampard. Beckham was a better passer. And he didn't have the ability to completely transform a game like Gerrard. I don’t remember United turning to Scholes to rescue them.
http://www.talksport.co.uk/radio/dri...scholes-legend

people are actually paid money to produce this shit

Unread 08-04-2012, 08:26 PM
poppy

Quote:
Originally Posted by borsuk

Bless

Unread 08-04-2012, 08:28 PM
That Boy Ronaldo!

Player of the Year?

Unread 08-04-2012, 08:29 PM
Fat Al

Quote:

Jesus £#%&!ing God. That pompous £#%&!ing @#%&! thinks he knows better than the best players/managers in the WORLD?

I'm glad I don't listen to Talkshite. If I did, I expect I'd have hunted him down and he'd have got what I'm planning for Alan Green.

Unread 08-04-2012, 08:39 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by That Boy Ronaldo!
Player of the Year?
Since he came back he's been the best player in the Country.

He won't win it though - Van Persie will be a deserved winner in terms of his personal form.

I didn't want Scholesey to come out of retirement. I feared it would end up being a messy end to his career. He's my favourite United player ever & I thought his 'Testimonial' was a fitting way to call it a day.

I'm stunned how good he's been.

Unread 08-04-2012, 08:41 PM
TripDownMiseryLane

Quote:

goes for 99% of all so called experts in the media on any subject. got a mate who has chosen to have no media access at all, might join him one of the days.

Unread 08-04-2012, 08:49 PM
borsuk

united's pass completion stats

before scholes' return - 6th in the league

after scholes' return - 1st

bears repeating but 34 out of 36 points ffs. the only points we dropped were against chelsea when we were 3-0 down. scholes didn't start, came on in the 63rd minute at 3-1

irreplaceable

Unread 08-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Neo

Quote:

bears repeating but 34 out of 36 points ffs. the only points we dropped were against chelsea when we were 3-0 down. scholes didn't start, came on in the 63rd minute at 3-1

irreplaceable
Incredible.

Stats can be misleading, but they aren't at all in this case.

His contribution has been unbelievable and he has completely bossed games like no other player in the league can.

That Chelsea game at Stamford Bridge completely changed when he was introduced. He ran the show and was the main reason we got control of the game.

Titles are won when key players in key positions start showing consistency and for the past few months we've had a 'keeper playing consistently well, a solid centre-back partnership developing between Rio and Jonny Evans, Valencia becoming our main attacking outlet on the wing and Scholes adding that dominance in the middle of the pitch. I don't think we'd be top if he hadn't have come out of retirement.

Unread 08-04-2012, 09:00 PM
red in cumbria

Some people on here (no names, no pack drill) said they were "embarrassed" by him coming out of retirement. Nuff said

Unread 08-04-2012, 09:04 PM
Wez

Thumbs up

Quote:

irreplaceable
simple as that

nice avatar fella

Unread 08-04-2012, 09:06 PM
Fat Al

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Some people on here (no names, no pack drill) said they were "embarrassed" by him coming out of retirement. Nuff said
I'll hold me hands up & admit I thought it a bad move.

Purely because I didn't want the memory of him tarnished by him coming back and not being good enough to compete.

By God have I been proven wrong. He's £#%&!ing brilliant.

Unread 08-04-2012, 09:16 PM
MJ Ramone

Quote:
Originally Posted by red in cumbria
Yeah, I was one of them.

The Club said in the Summer that we didn't buy anybody because we couldn't hold back Pogba, Cleverley & Morrison.
When Scholesy came back Morrison was on his way out, Pogba was rocking the boat & Cleverley was injured.
It did feel like a desperate step to bring back a player who had retired 7 months previously.

I didn't want to see his career end messily for the sake of the penny pinching Transfer activity.
I was wrong, he's been magnificent.

Whether he stays next season is another story. I hope he does - as long as we buy as well.

Unread 08-04-2012, 09:18 PM
PaulParkers

Some massive £#%&!ing #@&%!s ridiculed me when I mentioned scholesy's pass success stats. Basically just because they're massive £#%&!ing #@&%!s.

Keeping the ball is the most important thing in football. Apart from scoring goals. But you can't score goals without the ball. You can concede goals though. Unless you've got the ball of course. So keeping the ball is important if you want to score goals but dont want to concede goals.

Unread 08-04-2012, 09:23 PM
Neo

Some of the arse seeing on here when he misplaced a couple of passes in his comeback game at the Council House....

Unread 08-04-2012, 09:26 PM
Agent Dale Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Keeping the ball is the most important thing in football. Apart from scoring goals. But you can't score goals without the ball. You can concede goals though. Unless you've got the ball of course. So keeping the ball is important if you want to score goals but dont want to concede goals.
And that's why England has fared so badly at international level: because they can't keep the ball. Any player capable of doing so was overlooked for the drive and glamour of Lampard and Gerrard. If Scholes had been born anywhere outside of these isles he would have been the fulcrum of his national team. That said, he probably wouldn't be playing now if he'd not quit the dog and pony show that is England. Thanks for being a dope, Sven...

Unread 08-04-2012, 09:30 PM
DuanePipe

I like the fact that it was Scholes himself who asked to come back.

I know what it's like. Many a time I spent months training a rolls royce of a dog for a client. When the time would come for me to hand the reins/lead over to the owner, I'd observe them #@&%!ing about, not doing the basics and generally making a bit of a mess of all my hard work, turning a superstar in to a merely decent individual.

The right protocol is to keep working with the client, at arms length, and explaining why they aren't doing it right and hope that they catch on quickly enough before all my hard work is undone. But sometimes it's too painful to watch and it becomes all too obvious that they're just not as good as me. At which point I'll say "Give me the £#%&!ing dog back. Now, watch and learn."

Unread 08-04-2012, 09:35 PM
PaulParkers

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuanePipe
I like the fact that it was Scholes himself who asked to come back.

I know what it's like. Many a time I spent months training a rolls royce of a dog for a client. When the time would come for me to hand the reins/lead over to the owner, I'd observe them #@&%!ing about, not doing the basics and generally making a bit of a mess of all my hard work, turning a superstar in to a merely decent individual.

The right protocol is to keep working with the client, at arms length, and explaining why they aren't doing it right and hope that they catch on quickly enough before all my hard work is undone. But sometimes it's too painful to watch and it becomes all too obvious that they're just not as good as me. At which point I'll say "Give me the £#%&!ing dog back. Now, watch and learn."
Speaking of which that whistle gag you got me onto has worked a treat. I don't want to jinx it but my dog has been unbelievable since getting it. I only have to give it a couple of short, sharp blasts and he stops whatever he's doing and legs it back at 120mph.

I owe you a curly wurly.
Closed Thread