United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Everything else > Science & Technology
Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2010, 07:47 AM
PaulParkersPubes

Default Converting ePub files to Kindle AZW files?

Anyone know if this is possible? Thinking of getting my folks a kindle but would want to be able to convert the ePub files that tooseeunited posted on the iPhone thread.

Googled it's tits off but I dont understand half the stuff I read tbh

Old 08-09-2010, 08:35 AM
doudou

Default Re: Converting ePub files to Kindle AZW files?

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
Anyone know if this is possible? Thinking of getting my folks a kindle but would want to be able to convert the ePub files that tooseeunited posted on the iPhone thread.

Googled it's tits off but I dont understand half the stuff I read tbh
There's a program called Calibre that you can download for free, it's brilliant - it'll convert just about any file into the format you want (either .azw or .mobi):
http://calibre-ebook.com/download_windows

The wife got me a Kindle last week and I can't recommend them highly enough, a great piece of kit, especially if you spend a lot of time on the move.

Old 08-09-2010, 10:29 AM
PaulParkersPubes

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou
There's a program called Calibre that you can download for free, it's brilliant - it'll convert just about any file into the format you want (either .azw or .mobi):

The wife got me a Kindle last week and I can't recommend them highly enough, a great piece of kit, especially if you spend a lot of time on the move.
That's awesome. Thanks mate

Old 08-09-2010, 10:54 AM
doudou

Quote:
Originally Posted by PaulParkersPubes
That's awesome. Thanks mate
Glad to help.

The best thing about it is that it means you're no longer reliant on Amazon for your library. They really take the piss - I can't even use their UK Kindle store because I live in mainland Europe (I have to use the US one strangely) and from what I can work out there aren't many books I want to read there for under 20 dollars - f*** that.

Amazon's markup is apparently 30%, which is outrageous. My advice is to download some books in pdf (there are tons about), convert them and then stick them on your kindle whilst simultaneously sticking it to Amazon.

Old 04-11-2010, 02:14 PM
Dueling Banjos

Quote:
Originally Posted by doudou

Excellent mate, cheers.
Closed Thread