United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 06-10-2018, 12:08 AM
Knockers

He’s as good a bet as anyone else. Bit of glamour. I say do it.

Don’t understand the argument of dismissing the fact he won three European cups on the trot as so what, he was at Real Madrid. PSG and City have had unlimited funds, Barca have had the best player in history. They couldn’t touch them.

Fergie had us winning everything and we talk of him like he was an untouchable genius even though we’ve been the biggest and richest club in the country since any of us were born.

Unread 06-10-2018, 12:12 AM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScarFace
Lads its Woodward.
You're right.

£#%&! that £#%&!ing rat.

MIB need to pay a visit.

Unread 06-10-2018, 12:14 AM
Chris Quayd

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knockers
He’s as good a bet as anyone else. Bit of glamour. I say do it.

Don’t understand the argument of dismissing the fact he won three European cups on the trot as so what, he was at Real Madrid. PSG and City have had unlimited funds, Barca have had the best player in history. They couldn’t touch them.

Fergie had us winning everything and we talk of him like he was an untouchable genius even though we’ve been the biggest and richest club in the country since any of us were born.
Only an idiot would dismiss the achievement, think the point of those who don't want him is that managing a top club on and off the pitch like Madrid isn't good practice for the mess that is United. Would take anyone over Mou but would prefer someone with a track record of squad building and instilling a style of play, will go radio if I have to subject myself to another season of stone-age football.

Unread 06-10-2018, 12:20 AM
Knockers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Quayd
Only an idiot would dismiss the achievement, think the point of those who don't want him is that managing a top club on and off the pitch like Madrid isn't good practice for the mess that is United. Would take anyone over Mou but would prefer someone with a track record of squad building and instilling a style of play, will go radio if I have to subject myself to another season of stone-age football.
There’s nobody with that track record though. No decent manager now has been in a job for more than 3-4 years. Forget Guardiola, who has been in nothing but the cushiest of jobs, and they’re all just doing what they can. Pick anyone and hope for the best. £#%&! it.

Unread 06-10-2018, 12:33 AM
Chris Quayd

Poch is the obvious one but there must be more out there who are getting more than the sum of the parts at a top team with players who seem well coached and play with intent?

Unread 06-10-2018, 06:38 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by 20LEgend1999
In the three Real Madrid matches you watched in the Champions League last season he had a record of 1 win 0 draws 2 loses.

In the games you missed, he had a record of 8 win 2 draws and 0 loses.

I have no idea how it will go, but if he does get the job, please don't watch us play.

Fair enough.

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
When we've discussed him on here before I think comparisons with Ancelotti have arisen. Obviously he worked and played under him.

Players like him and respect him, fight for him and he has natural charisma so you get a team that is pretty united and works hard. Tactically he doesn't seem to have much special and seems to struggle to reverse bad performances or form. That said, he's still learning as a manager so he's got time to improve. Whatever anyone says, three European Cups in a row is a huge achievement.

He just feels totally nailed on. Such a Woodward choice.
So a bit of respect and new manager syndrome? Great.

I absolutely loved Zidane as a player and 3 CLs is impressive whichever way you spin it, but it just reeks of the club just hopping across to yet another poorly considered choice, with no plan in place.

It appears a lazy choice.

Unread 06-10-2018, 07:10 AM
n48

If he brings a decent coaching staff with him then it's probably no big risk hiring him as a personality to inspire the players.

Unread 06-10-2018, 07:18 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by n48
If he brings a decent coaching staff with him then it's probably no big risk hiring him as a personality to inspire the players.
Is this all we have on the guy? His personality?

It's nobody else worried that there isn't much about the actual characteristics of his coaching that we can identify?

We seem to have something of a consensus that on here that the club desperately needs to take its time and decide the direction we want to go in , as we've hired 3 entirely different managers.

Instead, we are going with a name. Somebody who will apparently stabilise all the egos of players most of us agree need shipping out.

Personality, stability..... yeah but what does he actually DO? I feel like I'm being set up with an early bird here.

"What does she look like?"

"Well, um, she has a lot of character in her eyes...."

Unread 06-10-2018, 08:28 AM
Albert Tatlock

Butt, Carrick and Neville

Unread 06-10-2018, 10:06 AM
Foot2ball

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
£#%&! him . I think Madrid regressed under him. Their CL win was based on luck, ref decisions & Ramos’ WWF skills
In the league they finished 17 points behind possibly the worst Barca team of the last decade
WTF are you talking about, you do know the team that he took over? The fat waiter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
Of course you are
Maybe look at number of goals they conceded or even watch them play.
Ever heard of Sir Matt Busby and about being scored on... probably not since you probably drive a bus.

Unread 06-10-2018, 11:30 AM
Coracao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Is this all we have on the guy? His personality?

It's nobody else worried that there isn't much about the actual characteristics of his coaching that we can identify?

We seem to have something of a consensus that on here that the club desperately needs to take its time and decide the direction we want to go in , as we've hired 3 entirely different managers.

Instead, we are going with a name. Somebody who will apparently stabilise all the egos of players most of us agree need shipping out.

Personality, stability..... yeah but what does he actually DO? I feel like I'm being set up with an early bird here.

"What does she look like?"

"Well, um, she has a lot of character in her eyes...."
Lets be honest, no one on here has a clue about his management, so it is just lazy conclusions being drawn.

Unread 06-10-2018, 11:41 AM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coracao
Lets be honest, no one on here has a clue about his management, so it is just lazy conclusions being drawn.
Why shouldn't we have a clue?

I'm not talking about the 'behind the scenes' stuff. I mean the very basics of the style of manager he is.

Attacking? Defensive ? Promotes youth?

Nobody seems to have a clue. I've watched them a handful of times and couldn't really say what style his teams play.

Unread 06-10-2018, 02:08 PM
Big Norm

Quote:

I'm not talking about the 'behind the scenes' stuff. I mean the very basics of the style of manager he is.

Nobody seems to have a clue. I've watched them a handful of times and couldn't really say what style his teams play.
I'd say you probably have more of a clue than the one's actually responsible for picking a replacement. It's a £#%&!ing farce.

Unread 06-10-2018, 03:16 PM
S/Side.Red

Quote:

Tbf he's only been managing a parochial little club like Real Madrid for the last few years.

The notion that he doesn't have a discernible tactical style is one that came up a lot in Madrid. In fact Zidane himself often says he isn't a great coach or a great tactician. In many ways he's quite a curious case. But he does tend to win things, which worked well for him.

Unread 06-10-2018, 05:25 PM
Coracao

Quote:

?

Unread 06-10-2018, 05:28 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
?
It's not complicated mate.

We should be able to simply determine a manager's style. with him, we seemingly can't.

Unread 06-10-2018, 05:31 PM
Coracao

Quote:
It's not complicated mate.

We should be able to simply determine a manager's style. with him, we seemingly can't.
He's been managing Real Madrid. I find it difficult to judge any manager on their tenure there. Especially with the relative lack of changes to key personnel during his time there. Does they style of play significantly change from manager to manager? Probably not for the most part.

Unread 06-10-2018, 06:46 PM
windy waffles

Packing his bags as we speak...

Unread 06-10-2018, 06:49 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
Packing his bags as we speak...
And he'll be packing them again once he gets a look at the "players" he's working with at carrington

Unread 06-10-2018, 06:51 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
He's been managing Real Madrid. I find it difficult to judge any manager on their tenure there. Especially with the relative lack of changes to key personnel during his time there. Does they style of play significantly change from manager to manager? Probably not for the most part.
Fair enough pal
Closed Thread