United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 02-09-2018, 04:01 PM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clownbones
Not even in the squad again.

Good pre season, good against Leicester.

One bad game...... dropped. Completely. Fellaini back.

Mourinho won't change.
Not even a bad game, a rough 45 as part of a collective shitness whilst playing a new role. Ludicrous.

Unread 02-09-2018, 04:04 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by dunk
Not even a bad game, a rough 45 as part of a collective shitness whilst playing a new role. Ludicrous.
It just sends out an awful message.

Same with Bailly. Gone for two games.

Unread 02-09-2018, 06:43 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
It just sends out an awful message.

Same with Bailly. Gone for two games.
The message I’m hearing is do better. But then I guess there’s no chance either are carrying an injury. Has to be mourinho.

Could give them new 5 year contracts I guess.

Unread 02-09-2018, 09:27 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammy Dodger
The message I’m hearing is do better. But then I guess there’s no chance either are carrying an injury. Has to be mourinho.

Could give them new 5 year contracts I guess.
You accuse me of having a bias, yet when someone is left out, you suggest it's because of an injury.

You hear 'play better', I hear 'never play badly'. Must be great knowing you'll be instantly be dropped from the squad the moment you inevitably have a bad game.

There's a pattern mate. There's a 20 year career of him not really trusting younger, less experienced players. It's no coincidence that the majority of our younger players are struggling here. They are drafted in in fits and starts and ditched as soon as they make an inevitable mistake.

Unread 03-09-2018, 05:56 AM
Kangared

Quote:
You accuse me of having a bias, yet when someone is left out, you suggest it's because of an injury.

You hear 'play better', I hear 'never play badly'. Must be great knowing you'll be instantly be dropped from the squad the moment you inevitably have a bad game.

There's a pattern mate. There's a 20 year career of him not really trusting younger, less experienced players. It's no coincidence that the majority of our younger players are struggling here. They are drafted in in fits and starts and ditched as soon as they make an inevitable mistake.
He’s out because Matic is back. Hard to argue with his omission on the performance of the team today & according to one absolute clown on here he must be shit if he wasn’t in the squad .

Unread 03-09-2018, 12:29 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
No. I suggest it could be. I suggest we haven’t a clue what the reason is when a player isn’t picked.

Quote:
Younger players such as? Sure there’s a huge list of brilliant young players being destroyed. Young players usually are used in fits and starts btw.

Unread 03-09-2018, 12:30 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
He’s out because Matic is back. Hard to argue with his omission on the performance of the team today & according to one absolute clown on here he must be shit if he wasn’t in the squad .
You don't go from starting to not even making the bench unless you've had a stinker. Which he did have you thick £#%&!.

Unread 03-09-2018, 12:47 PM
Alex Jones was Right

Quote:
Originally Posted by windy waffles
You don't go from starting to not even making the bench unless you've had a stinker. Which he did have you thick £#%&!.
Or getting injured, or an illness, or family emergency, disciplinary reasons or any number of other things. Maybe he gave the manager lip for substituting him. Maybe he showed a shit attitude in subsequent training sessions. Maybe his confidence has suffered and he wanted to be out of the limelight for a few games whilst he learns from the experience and regroups. We have no idea. Yet the first port of call for some is always the one which allows mourinho to be slagged off. Never any nuance.

It seems developing players for some means playing them every game regardless and letting them do what they want.

As you think he had a stinker, what would you do with such a player?

Unread 03-09-2018, 12:56 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Or getting injured, or an illness, or family emergency, disciplinary reasons or any number of other things. Maybe he gave the manager lip for substituting him. Maybe he showed a shit attitude in subsequent training sessions. Maybe his confidence has suffered and he wanted to be out of the limelight for a few games whilst he learns from the experience and regroups. We have no idea. Yet the first port of call for some is always the one which allows mourinho to be slagged off. Never any nuance.

It seems developing players for some means playing them every game regardless and letting them do what they want.

I am not a mou fan but where have a slagged him off?

I've said Perreira has been shit for years. And he is.

If he had a stinker I wouldn't play him in the next game like Mou didn't...

Unread 03-09-2018, 01:34 PM
Clownbones

Quote:
No. I suggest it could be. I suggest we haven’t a clue what the reason is when a player isn’t picked.

Younger players such as? Sure there’s a huge list of brilliant young players being destroyed. Young players usually are used in fits and starts btw.
I'd say we have a clue when those being dropped out the squad have just played badly.

That's why I said there is a pattern.

Younger players at our club such as Rashford, Martial, Shaw, TFM and Tuanzebe (who is now playing well after being given a run. Shockingly) for starters.

Then there's the infamous cases of De Bruyne and Salah at Chelsea.

And I never said destroyed. That would be hyperbole. But he's certainly not a manager you associate with youth. He's a 29 year old kinda guy. Does anyone really deny that?

Yeah, they play in fits and starts, but they arent usually binned off out the squad after one bad game (where the entire team has an absolute stinker too).

Quote:

Because when there's a pattern of it spanning several years, that's what you begin to suspect.

Do you question every ommission from the squad and just wave it away as an injury or family emergency?

No. The manager will usually say who is injured. Mourinho in particular is very open about his injury list. He's also not shy in outing a player if he feels they're not pulling their weight. So we'd more than likely here about it from him.

We'll never know the precise details of what happens behind the scenes so we're always taking things on face value to some degree and everything Mourinho is all about as a manager for the last 20 years suggests he is always likely to go for the more experienced players over kids and dropping them faster than he would drop an older player.

There's nothing wrong with that, but it's not something I associate with a United manager.

Unread 03-09-2018, 01:53 PM
Seamus

Quote:

I agree with this. He's 24 as well so you would expect him to have broken through in to the first team if he was going to do it.

Unread 03-09-2018, 01:58 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seamus
I agree with this. He's 24 as well so you would expect him to have broken through in to the first team if he was going to do it.

Unread 03-09-2018, 02:00 PM
flixton

Quote:
He's 22

Unread 03-09-2018, 02:02 PM
Whip Hubley

Quote:
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
He's 22

Unread 03-09-2018, 02:20 PM
dragflick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley

Unread 03-09-2018, 02:27 PM
windy waffles

Quote:
Originally Posted by flixton
He's 22
Seamus has had a koppas there, nqat.

Hope he can come back from that.

Unread 03-09-2018, 02:48 PM
Seamus

well I can safely say he wont be here at 24.

phew

Unread 03-09-2018, 05:51 PM
red in cumbria

Good retrieval there tbf.

Unread 03-09-2018, 06:43 PM
AK14

Quote:

Unread 03-09-2018, 07:31 PM
red in cumbria

Quote:
I am not a mou fan
Never mentioned this before, pal.
Closed Thread