United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 17-08-2018, 04:46 AM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by S/Side.Red
Well, several people perhaps. And the difference is those people offer continuity and sustainability, not least in idea but because they will make the type of long-term decisions that manager may not. With the way the game is going, managers almost accept they won't be at the club long term. With some, especially such as Mourinho, there will be an interest in taking short-term decisions for their own gain.

A man hired to look after the long-term interests of the club with far greater job security will inevitably direct things in a different way. It feels we have a good example at the moment with Martial, whom Mourinho hasn't liked from the start but the club take a wider view. Let Mourinho sell him, them Mou is gone in a year or two, Martial may be firing somewhere else and it looks a short-term decision.

You mean a player like Depay or Zaha. Are they not better examples than Martial because they have actually gone elsewhere & are firing. Which £#%&!ing idiot sold those ?

Unread 17-08-2018, 06:37 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by utd99
Hindsight claptrap to score cheap points.

I don't even like Mourinho, but your one eyed vendetta forces a person to keep defending the @#%&!.
Just to clarify, when the player is playing under Mou, you say that Mou sees him in training so that validates his decision.

When the players leaves, it's hindsight claptrap?

I think you might like Mou more than you realise, given you chose to pick up on that rather than the wider point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kangared
You mean a player like Depay or Zaha. Are they not better examples than Martial because they have actually gone elsewhere & are firing. Which £#%&!ing idiot sold those ?
Mourinho sold Memphis. Glad to help.

With Zaha we have a buyback clause iirc. He's probably not good enough for us, but smart business whoever was in charge.

Unread 17-08-2018, 07:16 AM
shenwen

Quote:

Although in fairness it was a mercy sale. Poor kid had been ruined by the previous incumbent

On Zaha, I wouldn’t be unhappy if we looked at activating that clause (depending on the numbers). Had a very good season last year.

Unread 17-08-2018, 07:31 AM
Part 36 Offer

Quote:
Just to clarify, when the player is playing under Mou, you say that Mou sees him in training so that validates his decision.

When the players leaves, it's hindsight claptrap?

I think you might like Mou more than you realise, given you chose to pick up on that rather than the wider point.

With Zaha we have a buyback clause iirc. He's probably not good enough for us, but smart business whoever was in charge.
ffs

He's aots the shop the thicko. Can smell a flounce on the hotizon. Can't remember a worst 48 hours from a poster since Magic got his dick out on here.

Unread 17-08-2018, 07:37 AM
RedMenace

I don’t think there is a buyback for Zaha. There’s one for Depay alright.

Unread 17-08-2018, 07:38 AM
S/Side.Red

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Although in fairness it was a mercy sale. Poor kid had been ruined by the previous incumbent

On Zaha, I wouldn’t be unhappy if we looked at activating that clause (depending on the numbers). Had a very good season last year.
Zaha to me looks a guy suited to Palace. Team play on the break and he gets plenty of space. Clearly a talent but I don't know if he's got enough to play for United were that time and space is reduced, with touch and decision making highlighted.

Seems to have become a great player for Palace over the last two seasons but hasn't been picked up. I reckon it might be his stage.

Memphis has bags of talent but there's definitely something not quite right with his head.

Unread 18-08-2018, 06:37 AM
Ethers

Can’t believe he spelt oats wrong, what a dummy.

Unread 18-08-2018, 07:02 AM
Whip Hubley

can't help but think saffers is behind this sudden kangared aggressiveness. He's like a commandant in his tent, safe from the battle, sending his trusty lieutenants Jammy and Kanga onto the front lines.

Interesting tact, maybe protecting himself for a future withdrawl when Mou flounces.

Unread 18-08-2018, 08:53 AM
dunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethers
Can’t believe he spelt oats wrong, what a dummy.

Unread 18-08-2018, 09:58 AM
AK14

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenwen

Same happened to Januzaj too iirc and who can forget how Varela was treated after a mistake against Liverpool in the Europa

For such an advocate of young players the big man did love bombing them out of the first team at the first sign of inconsistency, which is a trait in every young player.

Also for all the praise certain people like to give Van gaal for Fosu Mensah during the 15/16 season didn’t he drop him for the last few games including the cup final or was he injured?

Unread 18-08-2018, 10:01 AM
saffers

http://www.utdforum.com/forum/showth...highlight=zaha

Abuse I got for years saying zaha is good, smh...

Unread 18-08-2018, 12:45 PM
saffers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whip Hubley
can't help but think saffers is behind this sudden kangared aggressiveness. He's like a commandant in his tent, safe from the battle, sending his trusty lieutenants Jammy and Kanga onto the front lines.

Interesting tact, maybe protecting himself for a future withdrawl when Mou flounces.
Always blame it on saffers

Kangared is a don acting from his own heart. Much respect to him!

Unread 18-08-2018, 09:17 PM
Kangared

Quote:
Originally Posted by Part 36 Offer
You’re spelling”

Aots means all over the shop/show you £#%&!ing imbecile; it was intentional.

You are extremely basic; I won’t be engaging with you again you weird @#%&!.
Gutted

Unread 19-08-2018, 12:44 PM
Denis Irwell

DOF won’t make a jot of difference with these owners. He’ll end up their puppet along with woowoo, who might be incompetent on the recruitment side but is obvs being held on a short leash. Get it? Woo woo

Unread 20-08-2018, 05:11 PM
AK14

Apparently we’re looking at appointing a technical director now and not a director of football

Someone who will work with Woodward and the manager in identifying transfer targets.

Unread 20-08-2018, 11:18 PM
sa7

Quote:
Originally Posted by AK14
Apparently we’re looking at appointing a technical director now and not a director of football

Someone who will work with Woodward and the manager in identifying transfer targets.
Can’t see any problems there.

Unread 21-08-2018, 12:06 AM
goldfinger II

Maybe Woodward just wants to insulate himself from responsibility for the footballing side of things.

Unread 21-08-2018, 08:23 AM
andyroo

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldfinger II
Maybe Woodward just wants to insulate himself from responsibility for the footballing side of things.
Mourinho clearly does.

Unread 21-08-2018, 08:38 AM
Sapien

I'd give it to Goldbridge.

Unread 21-08-2018, 08:48 AM
guerreiro

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sapien
I'd give it to Goldbridge.
Someone for everyone they say I suppose...
Closed Thread