United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 09-01-2007, 11:13 PM
Sparky***

Default Whatever your thoughts on Arsenal's fans and their manager...

...you cannot deny that they have some great young players. I admire the way they play the game, even the youngsters seem to be able to pass the ball really well.

Unread 09-01-2007, 11:15 PM
TreeFiddy

They can't cope with Sheffield United esque teams though. Not worried about them. They have one great game in five.

Unread 09-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeFiddy
They can't cope with Sheffield United esque teams though. Not worried about them. They have one great game in five.
True, true. Liverpool's team hardly made their presence felt, they played an ideal game for Arsenal - no tackling, gave them loads of space and time on the ball.

Unread 09-01-2007, 11:19 PM
Whip Hubley

if the club, their manager, players and fans weren't such @#%&!s i'd probably like them.

Unread 09-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Riverside

Wenger genuinely is rebuilding. He'll have a title winning side at Ashburton Grove in 2-3 years or so.

No such luck for Benitez though, I can't see any progress being made. The dippers will still be occasional cup winners and Premiership also rans in five years time.

Unread 09-01-2007, 11:21 PM
Ed Sullivan

at the end of the day I don't like Arsenal but there's worse clubs out there who play annoyingly dry football and also have players who dive around the pitch.

Unread 09-01-2007, 11:22 PM
TreeFiddy

I hate Arsenal more than any club in football. nft.

Unread 09-01-2007, 11:23 PM
you_are_my_solskjaer

i think they'll be a great team in a few years...
just need to stick with eachother, and grow together and i'm sure they'll be brilliant!
if they want success they need to stick with wenger (no matter how tempting it will be to replace him when the going gets tough). It'll be interesting however, to see how long the players last there with other offers coming in.

Alliadiere and almunia played brilliantly tonight (only saw the second half, so can't really comment prior to that)... could be like our team when the likes of beckham, neville, scholes etc broke through...

as a united fan i hope i'm wrong!!

Unread 09-01-2007, 11:24 PM
Sparky***

Purely as a supporter, I tip my cap to their footballing ethos. Their supporters don't really deserve nights like tonight. Sitting there in £#%&!ing silence when they're winning 5-1 at Anfield.

Unread 09-01-2007, 11:33 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky6899
Purely as a supporter, I tip my cap to their footballing ethos. Their supporters don't really deserve nights like tonight. Sitting there in £#%&!ing silence when they're winning 5-1 at Anfield.
Wenger has no footballing ethos, the @#%&!. One of the great lies of the Premiership, is that arsenal are such a wonderful attacking team. Play football the right way etc. %@#$&!s. 4-5-1 in Euorpe last season anyone?

Those @#%&!s haven'y played "football" at Old trafford since 2002, when we dicked them 2-0. Not to mention the £#%&!ing Cup final in 2005.

I was more then happy to watch them take the piss at anfield, but all the hype that surrounds them is a load of shite.

And their support is a load of £#%&! too.

Unread 09-01-2007, 11:36 PM
Sparky***

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
Wenger has no footballing ethos, the @#%&!. One of the great lies of the Premiership, is that arsenal are such a wonderful attacking team. Play football the right way etc. %@#$&!s. 4-5-1 in Euorpe last season anyone?

Those @#%&!s haven'y played "football" at Old trafford since 2002, when we dicked them 2-0. Not to mention the £#%&!ing Cup final in 2005.

I was more then happy to watch them take the piss at anfield, but all the hype that surrounds them is a load of shite.

And their support is a load of £#%&! too.
If I remember rightly, they passed us off the park at Old Trafford this year and we were lucky to get away with a 1-0 defeat after they missed a pen.

Unread 09-01-2007, 11:41 PM
The Watcher

Quote:
If I remember rightly, they passed us off the park at Old Trafford this year and we were lucky to get away with a 1-0 defeat after they missed a pen.
When we started with £#%&! like o'shea and fletcher, it was bound to happen.

However, we had more clear chances in that game. The @#%&!s got a lucky break towards the end.

£#%&!in hell, most seasons that @#%&! henry doesn't even start at OT. I hope we £#%&!ing batter them at the emirates. Overhyped, cheating, diving, moaning @#%&!s

Unread 09-01-2007, 11:42 PM
TreeFiddy

Quote:
They played one up front and knicked a late goal in what was an open, close fought game. They did pass the ball better than us but they'll do that against any team if they're given room. That's the reason they can get results against us, Chelsea, Real Madrid but not against Sheffield United and Bolton.

Unread 09-01-2007, 11:46 PM
Luffy

Only team and manager to come close to Fergie, and its not even that close.

Youth policy, club ethos, passion for good football and attacking, highly ambitious etc. Arrogant.

He's the only other manager I really respect and see him as the closest Fergie has to an arch enemy kind of thing. He has his own little dynasty going on and you gotta respect that.

Some managers come into a team, buy some players, beef up the first team and try to win a few trophies. At the end of the day all they care about is the silverware, the first team and their salary. Very very few top managers actually care about making a club anymore.

Thats what we'll miss when Fergie goes. Most likely we get a Capello who comes in may or may not do ok but the club itself will be forgotten. Fergie is what keeps us from being just another Real Madrid.

Unread 09-01-2007, 11:50 PM
Tiberian

Their young players are more physically ready to compete than Utd youth players are. Utd have a lot of nice and tidy footballers in the ranks but they lack the physical gifts that will enable them to compete in the premiership and because of this you can not take a risk on them.

Every Arsenal player is an athlete, usually with good technical ability, and they are coached to play good football, with movement.

Whatever you say about Wenger, you have to give him credit for how good he is at spotting and bringing through these players.

Unread 10-01-2007, 12:58 AM
£#%&! KFC

yeah they play great football...shame they stuck 10 men behind the ball in the 2005 FA Cup Final

United 6 cockneys 1...they played great football that day as well

or what about cockneys 2 United 4...a real masterclass

tonite was class but only to see the Dippers humiliated

£#%&! Arsenal, £#%&! Wenger £#%&! their no mark part-time fans and £#%&! David £#%&!in Dein

Iyadovoic> Arsenal

Unread 10-01-2007, 01:36 AM
KezerSosoRed

I know a fan who thinks they can still win the league. Yes, this league.

Unread 10-01-2007, 01:37 AM
£#%&! KFC

bet him a grand then

Unread 10-01-2007, 01:48 AM
Paul Mcgrath

I wont show them any respect, because the majority of the talent they produce is shipped in from different countries. British players that do come through their ranks, with a hint of talent, are despatched elsewhere - Pennant, Upson, Stokes, Bentley, etc.

Added to that, Wenger is still insisting on playing their passing football, which is great to watch, but isnt suited to the premiership, and never will be when you have sides like Bolton, Sheffield Utd etc etc.

Unread 10-01-2007, 01:50 AM
KezerSosoRed

Is it possible that we can win the league? Very much so. I believe that it is very possible that Arsenal should win the league this season. It is based on many factors, whether these are reasonable remains to be seen. I think the first test comes in 2 weeks time.

From the £#%&!in horses mouth.

£#%&!ing gobshite...he cant see how Liverpool and United are clearly the two top English teams...he doesnt see history because hes probably only liked Wenger since Henry...
Closed Thread