United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-01-2007, 07:54 PM
MUFC One Love

Another sensationalised post about modern football. We know it's bad but all this revisionist shit to make it all sentimental is pathetic.

If you said one love, it's one love, if you didn't fair enough - enjoy FC.

Unread 08-01-2007, 07:57 PM
MUFC One Love

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
wait to you fly air asia - ram it right down your throat, trying to flog shirts and shite on the plane all you get is people rolling their eyes. I saw a plane yesterday painted red with with pictures of ronaldo on it.

I'm in malaysia right now and went to planet hollywood to watch the villa game. They had a big outdoor screen showing the match so i sat and watched the game over some chow and some beer. A bloke walks by with a united shirt on completely oblivious to the fact that united were playing a cup game right then and there and on the big screen that he just walked past! and he calls himself a united fan. agh!. This is the new breed of red.
What a complete loads of %@#$&!s, as usual from you - "New breed of red". We've knew the Asian fans in them places are glory-hunters, and always have been. Trying to claim it's a new trend is utterly ridiculously, it was the PLC who £#%&!ing wanted them.

Unread 08-01-2007, 08:00 PM
Qwertyuiop

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
wait to you fly air asia - ram it right down your throat, trying to flog shirts and shite on the plane all you get is people rolling their eyes. I saw a plane yesterday painted red with with pictures of ronaldo on it.

I'm in malaysia right now and went to planet hollywood to watch the villa game. They had a big outdoor screen showing the match so i sat and watched the game over some chow and some beer. A bloke walks by with a united shirt on completely oblivious to the fact that united were playing a cup game right then and there and on the big screen that he just walked past! and he calls himself a united fan. agh!. This is the new breed of red.
Oh great, the 'everything is shit' brigade have arrived.

Unread 08-01-2007, 08:01 PM
The Real Roxanne

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlestown Rouge
And I have way too much history to simply give up the season ticket because some dwarf yank drops in uninvited from nowhere - but I won't even buy a cup of tea let alone a Giggs duvet or £#%&!ing MUTV. Ticket only. Not a penny more.

My small protest but one that if every match going red followed would have the septics revising their business plan somewhat hastily.

Knew the game was up when I saw the number of new away shirts at the first home game last year.

People can bitch about the mixed reaction to the takeover but it rates highly when compared to Chelsea, Villa and the Dippers all rolling over like puppies waiting for their tummies to be tickled.
Good points, sensibly made.

Unread 09-01-2007, 05:51 AM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MUFC One Love
What a complete loads of %@#$&!s, as usual from you - "New breed of red". We've knew the Asian fans in them places are glory-hunters, and always have been. Trying to claim it's a new trend is utterly ridiculously, it was the PLC who £#%&!ing wanted them.
I'm not claiming it to be a new trend, just that it's getting worse instead of better.

Unread 09-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Child of Darkness

look all I said was this piece of Halibut was good enough for Jehovah.....

look - I loved the United of before as much as anyone - I just hate what they became , Glazer was a part of that , so were the PLC , so were sky and so were the prem.

I didn't slag the manager - I said I'd lost respect for him. Something thats been said by many match going reds

I didn't slag the team - I said I'd had no affinity with some of the newer breed of players. Riorichardsonosheafletch etc etc get slagged every day

I don't hate United I just don't love them like I used too .

I don't think anyone could argue that United has changed enourmously in the last 15 years tho. And for me -enough was enough .

I just don't feel a part of MUFC any more. I don't feel that club even wants people like me or you anymore - we/you are not a significant part of the business model.

Unread 09-01-2007, 02:40 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness

look - I loved the United of before as much as anyone - I just hate what they became , Glazer was a part of that , so were the PLC , so were sky and so were the prem.

I didn't slag the manager - I said I'd lost respect for him. Something thats been said by many match going reds

I didn't slag the team - I said I'd had no affinity with some of the newer breed of players. Riorichardsonosheafletch etc etc get slagged every day

I don't think anyone could argue that United has changed enourmously in the last 15 years tho. And for me -enough was enough .

I just don't feel a part of MUFC any more. I don't feel that club even wants people like me or you anymore - we/you are not a significant part of the business model.
Cracking post.

Unread 09-01-2007, 03:03 PM
Amish Mash

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness

What a load of %@#$&!s!!

Unread 09-01-2007, 03:09 PM
Child of Darkness

don't get them started again

Unread 09-01-2007, 03:11 PM
Enjoying Insanity

If we are all honest, Sky, Glazer, Edwards, none of these are truly responsible for what has happened to our club.

What killed the club was apathy from the fans.

Let's not forget, not so long ago, Mr Knighton nearly bought the club for less than we paid for Carrick.

I see FC as a choice for people who want to start with a clean slate and mould a club into what the fans want it to be. For those who are sticking by MUFC it's a case of grabbing what we can from the aftermath of the train-wreck that the club has become.

Unread 09-01-2007, 03:12 PM
KezerSosoRed

Is there actually a difference between glory supporters and those that have left to watch FC United?

Both are based on the wrong principles in my opinion.

Unread 09-01-2007, 03:13 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoying Insanity
If we are all honest, Sky, Glazer, Edwards, none of these are truly responsible for what has happened to our club.

What killed the club was apathy from the fans.

Let's not forget, not so long ago, Mr Knighton nearly bought the club for less than we paid for Carrick.

I see FC as a choice for people who want to start with a clean slate and mould a club into what the fans want it to be. For those who are sticking by MUFC it's a case of grabbing what we can from the aftermath of the train-wreck that the club has become.

spot on

Unread 09-01-2007, 03:14 PM
seans17

Dont mind fc, but they're not my team, i gave it a lookin... but nar.

I'm not a right winger, but some of the uber left wing shite would send me around the bend in no time. Someone said the other day that they had a 'bring a coat to give to charity day', any other club and i'd have thought i was being wound up, but the sad thing i can kind of believe it actually happened at fc.

Unread 09-01-2007, 03:21 PM
Qwertyuiop

I dont mind FC, I just wish people would stop going on about them as they bore me.

Unread 09-01-2007, 03:53 PM
Tumescent Throb

Sorry but................

are you lot lost or something?

btw the Asian market re United fans is apparently getting better not worse in that many of them wear other shirts rather than United's these days. The last tour struggled to sell tickets. These are facts well known to even the least clued up Reds.

Unread 09-01-2007, 03:59 PM
puressence

all the glory hunters will be back soon

Unread 09-01-2007, 04:24 PM
Child of Darkness

this is not an Fc thread this is a thread about how MUFC has changed in the last 15 years

see title

Unread 09-01-2007, 04:29 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
all the glory hunters will be back soon

Unread 09-01-2007, 04:30 PM
Fuzzy Dunlop

I hate what I have become.

Unread 09-01-2007, 04:35 PM
abbo

Top first post. Turned shit since as people make excuses for themselves doing £#%&! all.
Closed Thread