United Forum
Go Back   United Forum > Manchester United > Football
Closed Thread

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:34 PM
Child of Darkness

Default I hate what united has become

I have very little affinity with the majority of fans these days. Sky watching soccer am spouting no nowts with £#%&! all in common with me.

I despise the owners.

I can't stand the directors/executives - two faced @#%&!s.

I've lost respect for the manager.

The players on the whole don't mean much too me anymore - with a few honourable exceptions.

The club makes me vomit- just a cash grabbing souless corporate entity . It is nothing like the club I supported as a lad .

The "match day experiance" is overated and over priced . Even the euroways are populated by annoying @#%&!s these days- the last bastion of the away day ruined.

My united is dead . Glazer just switched the life support machine off.

And you wonder why I go to Fc.

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:35 PM
forzagarza

It's why I support Al Queda

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Smurf

Eeeeeasy Eeeeeesay Eeeeeesay!

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:36 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Child of Darkness
I go to Fc.
Thats all you had to say,you have made your choice so why complain.

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:37 PM
Child of Darkness

do you dissagree with what I have said then skag?

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:37 PM
puressence

its why i vote bnp

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:38 PM
ScarFace

They're a pub team

true

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:39 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
Yes some of the points.

Each to their own though.

Child of Darkness

go on then which ones?

Ed Sullivan

Quote:
completely. But there is an arguement that despite all of what you've said - it doesn't matter - because you stand by your team. No matter what happens and the disney-fication of it all...they still are United.

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:41 PM
Child of Darkness

[quote=Edward #@&%!hands;75184]completely. But there is an arguement that despite all of what you've said - it doesn't matter - because you stand by your team. No matter what happens and the disney-fication of it all...they still are United.[/QUOTE]

I've stood by my principles - which were not one penny of my money

My united are long dead - butchered by the premiership/sky/glazer trio

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Ed Sullivan

[quote=Child of Darkness;75192]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward #@&%!hands
completely. But there is an arguement that despite all of what you've said - it doesn't matter - because you stand by your team. No matter what happens and the disney-fication of it all...they still are United.[/QUOTE]

I've stood by my principles - which were not one penny of my money

My united are long dead - butchered by the premiership/sky/glazer trio
well that's fair play butI think the alot of people going to FC still understand that MUFC is the club they will always hold dear - who evers in charge, even if they are outpriced or told they cannot stand.

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:42 PM
Skag Trendy

Quote:
I despise the owners.

I can't stand the directors/executives - two faced @#%&!s.

I agree with these points.

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:45 PM
Lou_Macari_Chippy

wait to you fly air asia - ram it right down your throat, trying to flog shirts and shite on the plane all you get is people rolling their eyes. I saw a plane yesterday painted red with with pictures of ronaldo on it.

I'm in malaysia right now and went to planet hollywood to watch the villa game. They had a big outdoor screen showing the match so i sat and watched the game over some chow and some beer. A bloke walks by with a united shirt on completely oblivious to the fact that united were playing a cup game right then and there and on the big screen that he just walked past! and he calls himself a united fan. agh!. This is the new breed of red.

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:46 PM
Ed Sullivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy
wait to you fly air asia - ram it right down your throat, trying to flog shirts and shite on the plane all you get is people rolling their eyes. I saw a plane yesterday painted red with with pictures of ronaldo on it.

I'm in malaysia right now and went to planet hollywood to watch the villa game. They had a big outdoor screen showing the match so i sat and watched the game over some chow and some beer. A bloke walks by with a united shirt on completely oblivious to the fact that united were playing a cup game right then and there and on the big screen that he just walked past! and he calls himself a united fan. agh!. This is the new breed of red.
ffs here we go...

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:47 PM
Smurf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lou_Macari_Chippy

Maybe he was going to Rum Jungle?

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:48 PM
puressence

utd were just as bad b4 malc took over

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Fatboy Shrek

You made your choice COD and should be respected for that, others made their decision to stay and their's should be respected too. Much of what you have said was true before the takeover (none Glazer parts), immediately after the takeover and also with most top flight clubs. Football for the average man has become sanitised and the matchday experience (OT especially) has worsened. There is nothing that can be done about the Soccer Am/Tim Lovejoy adoring @#%&!s and they are not too hard to ignore (i'm sure there are even some at FC ).

However, it is still possible to love the players (some anyway), the history of the club and what they play for and still support United. You cannot tell me Gary Neville, Paul Scholes et al do not take great joy in pleasing and winning for the fans?

The Glazer's are @#%&!s, everything they represent is shameful, but they will not stop me supporting my team and having a good time with my mates (mainly at aways admittedly). I still get that buzz when United score and i hope i still have that feeling in years to come. When/if that stops, football will be over for me.

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:49 PM
Skag Trendy

Default The only way i like to travel

Unread 08-01-2007, 05:51 PM
Child of Darkness

Quote:
Originally Posted by puressence
utd were just as bad b4 malc took over
in parts , malc was the last straw for me .

at least when it was a PLC the was a degree of openess and a hope (a slim one) that one day the fans could own or at least have a big say in what went on.

more and more numpties every year , it costs more every year, more and more proper reds leave and there places taken by twice a season tommies with mega store bags and no knowlege of united pre sky
Closed Thread